The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero

+2
captainanddew
gomez1012
6 posters

Go down

HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero Empty HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

HBO has locked in March 5 for welterweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the 2010 ESPN.com prospect of the year, to headline a "Boxing After Dark," which will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. However, Schaefer said he won't face welterweight titlist Vyacheslav Senchenko of Ukraine, who had been on top of the wish list. Schaefer said Golden Boy and Senchenko were far apart on money.

He said two names under discussion are titleholder Jan Zaveck of Slovenia and European champion Matthew Hatton (Ricky's younger brother) of England. Schaefer said he is working on a televised undercard bout that could feature Robert Guerrero against Michael Katsidis.

"But I still need to talk to HBO about the license fees for these fights. These are not cheap fights," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5997320

Back to top Go down

HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero Empty Re: HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 am

Ali wrote:HBO has locked in March 5 for welterweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the 2010 ESPN.com prospect of the year, to headline a "Boxing After Dark," which will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. However, Schaefer said he won't face welterweight titlist Vyacheslav Senchenko of Ukraine, who had been on top of the wish list. Schaefer said Golden Boy and Senchenko were far apart on money.

He said two names under discussion are titleholder Jan Zaveck of Slovenia and European champion Matthew Hatton (Ricky's younger brother) of England. Schaefer said he is working on a televised undercard bout that could feature Robert Guerrero against Michael Katsidis.

"But I still need to talk to HBO about the license fees for these fights. These are not cheap fights," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5997320

Mad Mad Mad Mad

Because your a fucking POS promoter!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero Empty Re: HBO BAD card on March 5th could feature Katsidis vs Guerrero

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

I hope the fight happens, If Guerrero wins I'd be happy to see him go on to get a shot at Marquez.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am

Same here, just bothers me that's all promoters do

"HBO will you pretty please overpay for this fight???"

Just sad, you dont see Arum pulling this shit. He wants a fight, he gets it done.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am

gomez1012 wrote:Same here, just bothers me that's all promoters do

"HBO will you pretty please overpay for this fight???"

Just sad, you dont see Arum pulling this shit. He wants a fight, he gets it done.

True but Arum has PPV's to fall back on, plus he's a far more experienced promoter with wealth to back him up.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm all for Katsidis vs Guererro. But right after the Marquez loss and the loss of Katsidis's brother. I'd think for his long term mental and physical health he should have a decent vacation and then a relatively easy tune up fight. He had a rather rough year end.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Ali wrote:I hope the fight happens, If Guerrero wins I'd be happy to see him go on to get a shot at Marquez.

I guess you changed your mind on him being too green and too small for lightweight and a shot at Marquez?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 pm

It's a helluva safer fight than taking on Khan. I hope they make Hatton/Canelo so we can be rid of Hatton once & for all.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:I hope the fight happens, If Guerrero wins I'd be happy to see him go on to get a shot at Marquez.

I guess you changed your mind on him being too green and too small for lightweight and a shot at Marquez?

If you look at what I said I stated I wouldn't mind if Guererro at least beat one top Lightweight to show he belongs there. If Guerrero can beat Katsidis who's arguably a top five guy that will have earned him a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am

ali who are thoses 2 weird looking guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 am

dmar5143 wrote:ali who are thoses 2 weird looking guys.

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly from Stepbrothers. its not an unfunny will ferrell flick but it doesn't measure up to Elf, Old School, or the great work Ferrell and Reilly did in Talladega nights.

Reilly has had a rather interesting career. Starting well back in the day in Casualties of War with Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn, to Days of Thunder, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, The River Wild, Boogie Nights (classic with him and Marky Mark with their singing), The Thin Red Line, Perfect Storm, Chicago, The Aviator, Talladega Nights, Tenacious D, and on and on. I really think if I were an actor I'd rather be a guy like him who gets to work in all kinds of different films, makes very good money, but isn't a big star (and thus avoids alot of the pitfalls of being a big celebrity).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 am

thanks captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 am

I would love for this fight to happen. Finally get Guerrero in with a legit opponent that would make him fight every second of every round (Guerrero takes too much rounds off in fights). This would be a make or break fight for Guerrero. Katisidis is entertaining enough to come back to the network. Guerrero is a bit overrated, pretty boring and fights weak competition. Hes been with HBO since the begining of 2009, now its 2011, its time for this guy to finally prove something.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:26 am

captainanddew wrote:

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly from Stepbrothers. its not an unfunny will ferrell flick but it doesn't measure up to Elf, Old School, or the great work Ferrell and Reilly did in Talladega nights.

Reilly has had a rather interesting career. Starting well back in the day in Casualties of War with Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn, to Days of Thunder, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, The River Wild, Boogie Nights (classic with him and Marky Mark with their singing), The Thin Red Line, Perfect Storm, Chicago, The Aviator, Talladega Nights, Tenacious D, and on and on. I really think if I were an actor I'd rather be a guy like him who gets to work in all kinds of different films, makes very good money, but isn't a big star (and thus avoids alot of the pitfalls of being a big celebrity).

John was in The Pick Of Destiny ?

I disagree about Step Brothers not measuring up to Old School and Talladega Nights, I don't really find either of those movies that funny.

Elf is a modern classic though, every year that movie keeps getting more and more popular.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:16 am

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

John was in The Pick Of Destiny ?

I disagree about Step Brothers not measuring up to Old School and Talladega Nights, I don't really find either of those movies that funny.

Elf is a modern classic though, every year that movie keeps getting more and more popular.
you didn't find old school funny???? i agree on talladega nights not being funny but old school is a classic.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 am

don't forget the classic 'Walk Hard: Dewie Cox story' and one of my favourites, the excellent 'Hard 8'

probably need to move part of this thread to OT now, lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

I don't know I just don't think Old School is hilarious, it's humorous at times but doesn't tickle my ribs the way Step Brothers does.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Ali wrote:I don't know I just don't think Old School is hilarious, it's humorous at times but doesn't tickle my ribs the way Step Brothers does.
admit it ali you just enjoyed step brothers cause you got to see will's balls.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 am

Rum Capital wrote:
Ali wrote:I don't know I just don't think Old School is hilarious, it's humorous at times but doesn't tickle my ribs the way Step Brothers does.
admit it ali you just enjoyed step brothers cause you got to see will's balls.

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down