The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Alfonso Gomez Sept 17th ?

+4
SlickMoney
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Canelo vs Alfonso Gomez Sept 17th ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo vs Alfonso Gomez Sept 17th ?

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Ali wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Screw the title, this a perfect fight for Canelo right now, no need to rush him.

I'm getting tired of hearing this. Same shit was said about Bum Jr

Canelo is 20 years old, Jr is 25.
Fuck that! if you want your fighter to win a championship, he has to fight Contenders from that weight class or champions from here on out. Carlos Molina, Vanes, and K-9 arent very dangerous fights and they would be acceptable for the boxing public. Canelo should be stepping up, not down. Rhodes wasnt a very bad fighter may i say.

Canelo just fought a top ten guy, Gomez isn't that much of a step down.

as I explain in my post above, there is only 3 top 10 guys that make sense, Vanes, Molina, or K-9, at this time. Everyone else just came off of beatdown, have been sitting forever, just fought a tough fight, or have a fight already scheduled.

So if it isn't Vanes, Molina, or K-9, then Gomez isn't a horrible opponent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Alfonso Gomez Sept 17th ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo vs Alfonso Gomez Sept 17th ?

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Gumby wrote:I don't mind the fight if it happens quickly. I expect him to go after the Cotto v. Margo winner and become the face of the division. Gomez is a serviceable tune-up. I would like for him to give Molina a shot though.

You realy think GB going to put him up against the Cotto-Marg winner? I just don't see it. Unless Cotto wins but looks totaly shot.

I'm sure Arum would love matching Cotto against GB's cash cow.

I think Canelo beats either guy, and Arum and Cotto are two of Arum's cash cows. If Canelo wins impressively, he's a household name and superstar in the sport.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Naw, Arum won't risk that. He's looking to cash out on Bum Jr. Pretty much made that clear when he said both JCC Jr and Alverez are not elite ,and should fight soon because they risk losing to someone else.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2