The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander

5 posters

Go down

Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander Empty Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 am

Whether or not you think former junior welterweight titlist Devon Alexander beat Lucas Matthysse on Saturday night -- Alexander earned a split decision in a very good fight -- in St. Charles, Mo., the St. Louis suburb where Alexander lives, one fact should be noted: Alexander was in the ring.

Alexander and Bradley both were guaranteed seven-figure fights by HBO for their return bouts, regardless of whether they won in January. It was a perplexing deal for HBO to make, but Alexander took advantage of it and made his return against a legitimate top-10 opponent and very dangerous puncher. Of course, part of the HBO deal was that Alexander would have to fight a quality opponent, which he did. Alexander didn't want to waste his time fighting a nobody anyway. So Alexander and Matthysse put on a good show, and Alexander escaped with a close, split-decision victory to put himself in position for yet another big payday.

Fat Boy then goes and bashes Bradley and then brings his man crush in to talk some trash about Bradley as well.

Alexander, a respectful guy who doesn't trash-talk, was surprised by Bradley's ill-advised decision to sit out a big fight with Khan, who instead will face Zab Judah in a July 23 unification match.

"I don't know who is advising Bradley, but coming off a big win, and Kahn has a belt, I would have definitely taken the fight," said Alexander, who has faced tough opponent after tough opponent over the past couple of years. "I don't know what Bradley's problem is. I want to get back to where I am in position to where I am fighting in Vegas. People promise fights and you never know what can happen. You have to take the opportunities as they come and I would have taken it. But everything happens for a reason."[/i]http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/6709314/devon-alexander-fights-bradley-sits[i]
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander Empty Re: Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Evil or Very Mad

I hope no TV network picks up the Paulie fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander Empty Re: Fat Dan realy does have a man crush for Alexander

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Alexander may as well talk about Bradley, 'cause he damn sure can't beat him in the ring.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote: Evil or Very Mad

I hope no TV network picks up the Paulie fight
i for one would like to see that fight. they have been talking shit about eachother now for a while.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Terrible clash of styles

A grunting amateur boxer vs a feather fisted one handed fighter
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm gonna hate myself in the morning for saying this but, Paulie might beat Alexander at 147.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 pm

I have zero issue with what Paulie was saying because we all said the same thing. I like hearing it from a fighter's standpoint. Especially guys that aren't superstar level guys. Alexander and Paulie have accomplished the same at 140. Panther, I agree I think that Paulie beat Alexander at 147.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I have zero issue with what Paulie was saying because we all said the same thing. I like hearing it from a fighter's standpoint. Especially guys that aren't superstar level guys. Alexander and Paulie have accomplished the same at 140. Panther, I agree I think that Paulie beat Alexander at 147.
people don't like malignaggi but the guy speaks the truth. although its kind odd that he trashed scheaffer and golden boy and then signs with them
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 am

Alexander The Great will brutalize Malignaggi.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Ali wrote:Alexander The Marginal will brutalize Malignaggi.

Maybe his ear drums with all that yelling.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:25 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:Alexander The Marginal will brutalize Malignaggi.

Maybe his ear drums with all that yelling.
Damn...you beat me to it lol!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down