The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham

+4
kbyte
captainanddew
gomez1012
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham Empty Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 pm

The WBA's super champion at middleweight, Felix Sturm (36-2-1, 15KOs), is not interested in a possible fight with countryman Arthur Abraham (32-3, 26KOs), who is planning to possible return to the middleweight division in the near future. At the moment, Sturm is claiming that Sauerland Event, the promoters behind Abraham, are overpricing their boxer. For Sturm to consider such a fight, he says Arthur's price tag needs to be lowered. He consider Abrahama being worth such a high-end price when considering his recent shortcomings.

"Such a fight would only be interesting to Arthur because he would once again earn a lot of money. But right now he is not worth money being demanded by his promoter. Arthur's price is too high. He doesn't know how box, only to fight with power. Therefore, Arthur has lost respect. He's had some hard times because it was hard for him to make weight in this division. He can either be a businessman or a boxer," Sturm said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/felix-sturm-no-interest-returning-arthur-abraham--40876

Back to top Go down

Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham Empty Re: Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Fuck Sturm!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham Empty Re: Felix Sturm still ducking Arthur Abraham

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Sturm was disappointing vs Macklin I felt he should of been able to stop him late in the fight.

Surprised how little he threw, expected a blow out vs Macklin especially after seeing Macklin struggle with Ruben Varon

Credit to Macklin though, came prepared
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I actually liked the heart and toughness Sturm showed vs Macklin.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Martinez does to Sturm what he did to Sergei D

Same type of fighter
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Ali wrote:I actually liked the heart and toughness Sturm showed vs Macklin.

too bad he probably shouldn't have won.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:49 am

Didn't Abraham move up because he couldn't make 160 anymore?
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am

I agree with Sturm. Abraham needs to rebuild and earn the shot.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 pm

I don't get it. They both live in Germany, fight in the same weight class, yet have never faced each other? Doesn't make sense.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I agree with Sturm. Abraham needs to rebuild and earn the shot.

I agree, plus Sturm said he'd give Macklin another shot. Martinez should fight Abe in Germany if Sturm doesn't want it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

I agree, plus Sturm said he'd give Macklin another shot. Martinez should fight Abe in Germany if Sturm doesn't want it.
People would turn out in droves to see Sturm/Abraham.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

People would turn out in droves to see Sturm/Abraham.

I would go with didn't make sense three years ago. Abe has had a tough two years and right now has to get on track before he gets a fight like that.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 pm

with a guy as short as Abraham would it be more appropriate to say Sturm is side stepping Abe?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Somewhat off topic but is anyone even more impressed with the Super 6 now? It sent 2 very good middleweights through such tough times that they are moving back down. It also has a championship for the lineal title. The Super 6 had its problems but it accomplished its goal of several good fights and separating the contenders from the pretenders.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I don't get it. They both live in Germany, fight in the same weight class, yet have never faced each other? Doesn't make sense.

Saurland offered Sturm two offers to face Abraham when they were both trinket holders in the division, but Felix declined, despite the fact they were lucrative deals.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down