The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up

3 posters

Go down

Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up Empty Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

"We'd scrap any plans for Chavez to fight Canelo immediately," Arum told ESPN.com. "(Trainer) Freddie (Roach) wants that fight, the kid wants that fight, we're ready. We just need a willingness on Canelo's part to do it. We're ready to do that fight. But I don't think they want the fight."

Arum spent the past couple of years keeping his featherweight stars, Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa, apart while trying to build a pay-per-view fight between them. But Lopez got knocked out in April and killed any chance of the fight for now.

So how is matching Chavez and Alvarez (37-0-1, 27 KOs) now any different when it could become a massive blockbuster down the road, as he had hoped for Lopez and Gamboa?

"Neither guy looks to me to be a great fighter and either guy could lose on the way there," Arum said of Chavez and Alvarez. "Gamboa and Lopez were elite, great fighters. If (a loss) happened there, it could certainly happen with Canelo and Chavez, who are not elite fighters."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6697742
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up Empty Re: Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:39 pm

He knows what he has with Chumpez, a draw who's not very good, why their matchmaking has been great bringing his lazy ass along
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up Empty Re: Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He knows what he has with Chumpez, a draw who's not very good, why their matchmaking has been great bringing his lazy ass along

Yeah, but for him to come out and say it while still promoting the bum?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:He knows what he has with Chumpez, a draw who's not very good, why their matchmaking has been great bringing his lazy ass along

Yeah, but for him to come out and say it while still promoting the bum?

He put it out there last year that he was going to stop working with his Mexican team if he didnt get his shit in order after calling out sick for some bout, Fonzo Gomez i think scratch
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Arum disses Chavez Jr...talks Alverez match-up Entreg10
Look, Daddy bought me a trinket

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't think Chavez Jr. makes 154 anymore and he's on his way out of 160.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:14 am

Alvarez looked pretty special to me on Saturday. I guarantee you if Bob was promoting Canelo he'd be singing a totally different tune.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down