The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done

+2
captainanddew
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done Empty Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm

WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29KOs) might have another major showdown already on the sidelines. If Cotto defeats Mexican rival Antonio Margarito on December 3rd at New York's Madison Square Garden, he has the ability to secure a lucrative bout with WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs). Their mutual promoter, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, is willing to get the fight done - if Cotto demands a Chavez clash, which the two boxers previously discussed for the tail-end of 2010 but the bout never took place.

"If Miguel Cotto wins this fight against Antonio Margarito, and wants to fight Julio Chavez, for the middleweight title - I will get that done. But, Miguel and his people have to want that, so I don't know. I've talked to Chavez and I've talked to my co-promoter with Chavez, Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions, and that fight could be delivered," Arum said.

In a past interview with BoxingScene.com, Cotto expressed a lot of interest in facing Chavez, which allows Cotto the opportunity to become the first Puerto Rican fighter in boxing history to win four world titles in four weight divisions. Besides the current title at 154, Cotto is a former WBO champion at 140 and 147.

http://tinyurl.com/7ccmcey
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done Empty Re: Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:44 pm

horrific fight for Cotto. He looks small at 154. At 160, against Chavez Jr. who walks into the ring at 180.... BAD IDEA. This is Arum looking to make one huge payday of Cotto before Miguel is gone.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done Empty Re: Arum: If Cotto Wants Chavez Jr. Next, I Will Get it Done

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:56 am

Another example of why I detest Bob Arum.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 pm

This is a bad fight for Cotto. I think Cotto can easily get any fight he wants at 154 outside of Canelo. He should stay there get some solid wins with decent payouts. I'd love for him to destroy overrated Vanes and he can hope for a Pac rematch or Floyd fight at 154.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:21 pm

To be honest Cotto's almost done, he might still have something left in the tank but realistically Miguel won't achieve much at Jr Middle.

If I am Miguel I try and break free of the Top Rank deal and face Mayweather for one last payday.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:To be honest Cotto's almost done, he might still have something left in the tank but realistically Miguel won't achieve much at Jr Middle.

If I am Miguel I try and break free of the Top Rank deal and face Mayweather for one last payday.

You think PBF would go up to 154lbs?
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:43 pm

nano212 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:To be honest Cotto's almost done, he might still have something left in the tank but realistically Miguel won't achieve much at Jr Middle.

I don't know, maybe, but I am sure Miguel would be willing to drop down for the money.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm

nano212 wrote:

would be best move for his career and bank account

Avenge loss and seek huge payday vs Flod at MSG
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
nano212 wrote:

would be best move for his career and bank account

Avenge loss and seek huge payday vs Flod at MSG

I read somewhere taxes are a main reason PBF and Pac do not fight in NYC? But anyways if Cotto wins he should try and secure a fight with PBF why not? It would still sell and he should feel disrespected by the way TR has backed AM trough out this whole hand wrap scandal especially if he used it against one of their fighters!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 am

Every fighter would like to secure a fight with Mayweather!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Every fighter would like to secure a fight with Mayweather!!!

Cotto has a realistic chance though, and despite Miguel's decline I am still intrigued by that match.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum