The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz

4 posters

Go down

Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz Empty Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Mikkel Kessler, through his promoter, Sauerland Event, made a request to the WBO Championship Committee to get appointed as the mandatory challenger, and to hold the #1 position in the rankings at super middleweight, as per his outstanding victory over #6 and former WBO Inter-Continental champion Mehdi Bouadla (22-4) on June 4, 2011. The WBO approved Kessler's request, making him the mandatory challenger to champion Robert Stieglitz.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mikkel-kessler-now-mandatory-robert-stieglitz--40186

It's a pity it wasn't this Stiglitz

Back to top Go down

Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz Empty Re: Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 pm

This is the only way the WBO trinket will be unified with the rest. Stiegltiz is fighting Bute, Ward, or Froch. It would be nice to see 2 unified champs fight but the likelihood of the 4 belts being on the line is miniscule. Only BHop could achieve that.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz Empty Re: Kessler's camp pushing for showdown with Stieglitz

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

shame. it would have been nice to have seen Bute vs Kessler about the same time as Froch vs Ward.... unless Kessler's camp can get a quick deal done and he intends to fight both Stieglitz and Bute by the end of the year.......

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 pm

dbudge wrote:shame. it would have been nice to have seen Bute vs Kessler about the same time as Froch vs Ward.... unless Kessler's camp can get a quick deal done and he intends to fight both Stieglitz and Bute by the end of the year.......

I would hope he could face Stieglitz in September. LIne up Bute for December or early next year.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:55 am

captainanddew wrote:
dbudge wrote:shame. it would have been nice to have seen Bute vs Kessler about the same time as Froch vs Ward.... unless Kessler's camp can get a quick deal done and he intends to fight both Stieglitz and Bute by the end of the year.......

I would hope he could face Stieglitz in September. LIne up Bute for December or early next year.

that's what we all hope lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Would Stieglitz take the fight?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Luis (Westchester)
Regarding Bute/Kessler if that gets made you think that Europe is a legitimate option or do you see Montreal as the likely site

Dan Rafael (12:56 PM)
If it is made, I believe it will be in Montreal. However, I am told there are lot of problems making the fight. I am told that Bute's people know there are issues on the Kessler side and are supposed to make an offer to Top Rank for Pavlik to get the fight. Doesn't mean Kessler side won't come around, but Bute camp is preparing like it will need another opponent and Pavlik is the first choice. Bute, of course, has to win July 9 or none of it matters

I hope Kessler and his team get the Bute fight done
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down