The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk

+3
GrantZilla
Gumby
Diego408
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk Empty HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

@danrafaelespn Been hearing after approving Andy Lee, HBO now saying no & is pushing for Sergio Martinez-Sergei Dzinziruk. But $$ an issue on both sides.

I hope they can come to terms, Sergei D is a far more intriguing challenge for Martinez than Andy Lee is.

Back to top Go down

HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk Empty Re: HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm

How many more ways can HBO come up with to screw with the middleweight champ? This is just getting disrespectful.

But it's a good thing Lou ruled out Showtime!

Back to top Go down

HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk Empty Re: HBO now pushing for Sergio Martinez vs Sergei Dzinziruk

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Canvas wrote:How many more ways can HBO come up with to screw with the middleweight champ? This is just getting disrespectful.

But it's a good thing Lou ruled out Showtime!

What's wrong with Sergei D ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 pm

nothings wrong with S.D ali what canvas means is hbo says we got a deal for a fight.martinez says ok its a go.now hbo renegs and says no deal on lee we want this guy now..thats jerking martinez around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

dmar5143 wrote:nothings wrong with S.D ali what canvas means is hbo says we got a deal for a fight.martinez says ok its a go.now hbo renegs and says no deal on lee we want this guy now..thats jerking martinez around.

Now I get you. Must by a reason as to why HBO has changed their mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Ali wrote:@danrafaelespn Been hearing after approving Andy Lee, HBO now saying no & is pushing for Sergio Martinez-Sergei Dzinziruk. But $$ an issue on both sides.

I hope they can come to terms, Sergei D is a far more intriguing challenge for Martinez than Andy Lee is.
This fight is the best that could be possibly made that this point. SD is undefeated Euro, whos dominated some pretty good fighters from the new world. Shit Martinez is looking to win FOTY in 2011, he keeps taking the best fighters in the world fight after fight. Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, Willimas II, now the dangerous SD. This is why I admire Martinez. Him and Marquez fight anyone!!!!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Ali wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:nothings wrong with S.D ali what canvas means is hbo says we got a deal for a fight.martinez says ok its a go.now hbo renegs and says no deal on lee we want this guy now..thats jerking martinez around.

Now I get you. Must by a reason as to why HBO has changed their mind.
Well i think it was all the negativity they got for saying yes to Andy Lee. Lee is a bum, Martinez shouldnt be taking a few steps down from comptetion. No reason to over pay for a rematch. Theres a huge difference between SD and Lee, SD is actually good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Sergei D is good. I'm happy about that because he deserves a big fight.

but this has been a pattern with HBO's treatment of Martinez.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Diego I've been agreeing with you alot lately, you've matured into a smart knowledgeable poster Smile

I wonder if this will be at a catchweight or will Sergei D move up to 160lb for it, he's got the frame for the division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Can Dzinziruk still make 154? I like the match up regardless, but I want for the best to fight the best in their own divisions.

If the fight goes through I can't wait to watch. I'm not sure who I would pick. I think Dzinziruk has the perfect style for Martinez.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Gumby wrote:Can Dzinziruk still make 154? I like the match up regardless, but I want for the best to fight the best in their own divisions.

If the fight goes through I can't wait to watch. I'm not sure who I would pick. I think Dzinziruk has the perfect style for Martinez.

Weighed 153lb for his May fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Wait. So your excited about Martienz fighting a guy that isn't even ranked at Middleweight, and is ranked 8th at Jr middle?

Shit, Martinez might as well take his manditory with Zbik. Atleast he's a top ten ranked middleweight.

Not like Sergie D is some big name in US anyways, about as much as Zbik.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Wait. So your excited about Martienz fighting a guy that isn't even ranked at Middleweight, and is ranked 8th at Jr middle?

Shit, Martinez might as well take his manditory with Zbik. Atleast he's a top ten ranked middleweight.

Not like Sergie D is some big name in US anyways, about as much as Zbik.

Sergei D is a very underrated Jr Middleweight, he's a 6 foot southpaw with a solid jab, I am in favor of seeing him get a shot rather than Andy Lee. Zbik isn't being accepted by HBO.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Ali wrote: Sergei D is a very underrated Jr Middleweight, he's a 6 foot southpaw with a solid jab, I am in favor of seeing him get a shot rather than Andy Lee. Zbik isn't being accepted by HBO.

Atleast Lee is a ranked middle, just outside top ten, fighting middles. Seriously, Sergei D is not even top ranked Jr middle.

Total bullshit is what it is on HBO's part. DiBella should go kiss Showtime's ass and apologize and see about getting Zbik fight on Showtime.

I have no interest watching the Middleweight Champ fighting some Jr middle that's not even in top rankings at jr middle.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote: Sergei D is a very underrated Jr Middleweight, he's a 6 foot southpaw with a solid jab, I am in favor of seeing him get a shot rather than Andy Lee. Zbik isn't being accepted by HBO.

Atleast Lee is a ranked middle, just outside top ten, fighting middles. Seriously, Sergei D is not even top ranked Jr middle.

Total bullshit is what it is on HBO's part. DiBella should go kiss Showtime's ass and apologize and see about getting Zbik fight on Showtime.

I have no interest watching the Middleweight Champ fighting some Jr middle that's not even in top rankings at jr middle.

Sergei D is a top ten Jr Middleweight and the WBO holder, he's beaten Daniel Santos and Joel Julio. He's been trying to fight the top guys for ages but was avoided because he's a huge high risk low reward type of fighter.

Andy Lee ranked outside the top ten based on what exactly ? being beaten up by Bryan Vera live on Friday Night Fights ?

The Middleweight division is so thin and poor at the moment I've got no problem with Martinez defending against top Jr Middles.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 pm

I guess. I'd rather he defend his title against actual top ten ranked middles.

Have Sergei D go fight a middle and see if he has any business even fighting at that division.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:35 pm

This matchup seems to be about a year too late.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:38 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:This matchup seems to be about a year too late.

And likely wont sell

Argentino vs a Ukranian out of Germany at MSG...smh

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:40 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I guess. I'd rather he defend his title against actual top ten ranked middles.

Have Sergei D go fight a middle and see if he has any business even fighting at that division.

There are no top ten Middleweights available that HBO will accept.

Pavlik's in rehab, Williams is still in a coma, Sturm's already got a fight scheduled and still seems reluctant to face quality Middleweights, Sylvester is another Sven Ottke. That only leaves Pirog and DiBella has already shown little interest in the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:This matchup seems to be about a year too late.

And likely wont sell

Argentino vs a Ukranian out of Germany at MSG...smh

Do it in Miami lots of Argentinian's there. Loads of Ukrainians here in NY. If they do it in the WaMu theater it shouldn't be too bad. I think that place only holds 5500.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 pm

So let's review:

-Martinez is robbed in one HBO fight. Loses a very disputed decision in another. Yet Sergio bites his lip and doesn't complain.

-Martinez jumps at the opportunity that Paul "knowhatimsayin" Williams prices himself out of. Becomes middleweight champ in spectacular fashion.

-despite providing the fight of the year, and being the world middleweight champ, and taking on all comers, and being a good sport when he was screwed, HBO punishes Martinez for Williams' reluctance to sign a rematch. The champ was forced into inactivity for more than half a year.

- when Williams is finally forced into a rematch, the champ has to take short money, is put in the 'opponent' corner, and is introduced first. Blatant disrespect. Sergio responds by providing the KO of the year.

- HBO rejects the champ's alphabet mandatory, even though there are no better alternatives out there. This deprives Sergio of the additional revenue stream German TV would have provided.

- HBO okays Lee as a challenger, only to abruptly change their minds again.

all the while, HBO has been showering multi millions on Andre Berto for a series of ESPN level fights.

something stinks.

I hope now the members here understand why I was so critical of Dibella's actions in the week following Sergio's recent title defense.

Last edited by Canvas on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 am

The Middleweight division is so thin and poor at the moment I've got no problem with Martinez defending against top Jr Middles......sooner that is a good point and canvas good post..like sooner pointed out the top middles are not avalible and i dont see any of them having a big name.the guys a very capable fighter ..how many fighters have a soo called big name in the usa in that division anyway..martinez wants to fight its hbo thats puting up a roadblock..i want to see martinez fight since the time table is running low for him..im not objecting to this fight..

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:55 am

Ali wrote:Diego I've been agreeing with you alot lately, you've matured into a smart knowledgeable poster Smile

I wonder if this will be at a catchweight or will Sergei D move up to 160lb for it, he's got the frame for the division.
hahaha thanks man, just learning a lot from my fellow posters here.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 am

Canvas wrote:So let's review:

-Martinez is robbed in back to back HBO fights. Yet Sergio bites his lip and doesn't complain.

-Martinez jumps at the opportunity that Paul "knowhatimsayin" Williams prices himself out of. Becomes middleweight champ in spectacular fashion.

-despite providing the fight of the year, and being the world middleweight champ, and taking on all comers, and being a good sport when he was screwed, HBO punishes Martinez for Williams' reluctance to sign a rematch. The champ was forced into inactivity for more than half a year.

- when Williams is finally forced into a rematch, the champ has to take short money, is put in the 'opponent' corner, and is introduced first. Blatant disrespect. Sergio responds by providing the KO of the year.

- HBO rejects the champ's alphabet mandatory, even though there are no better alternatives out there. This deprives Sergio of the additional revenue stream German TV would have provided.

all the while, HBO has been showering multi millions on Andre Berto for a series of ESPN level fights.

something stinks.

I hope now the members here understand why I was so critical of Dibella's actions in the week following Sergio's recent title defense.
Youre right on my man, but Martinez (not Lou) is doing something good because HBO is still holding a spot for him on March. No way will they take it from him, he actully brings one of the best ratings to the network. I doubt HBO will ever disrespect him again. Sergio is a true champion, hopefully he faces on of the best in march.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Canvas wrote:So let's review:

-Martinez is robbed in back to back HBO fights. Yet Sergio bites his lip and doesn't complain.

something stinks.

I have to call you out on this statement. You were flipping out that people were calling Hopkins-Pascal a robbery but more people had Hopkins winning that fight than had Martinez winning the first Williams fight. Please don't call a close fight a robbery especially after you were telling everyone else not to do it.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next