The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III

+2
GrantZilla
gomez1012
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you?

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_lcap10%HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_lcap70%HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_lcap0%HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_lcap20%HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III Empty HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Viruscene article on Lara-Williams...

Al Haymon must be pushing for it

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III Paul_tempur-pedic
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III Empty Re: HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Fuck no. Williams got a gift decision the first fight. Then in the second fight, Williams get's top billing even though Martinez was the champ.

Fuck Williams and Al Hayman!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

HBO wants Martinez vs Williams III Empty HBO wants a Martinez vs Williams trilogy

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm

BoxingScene.com has been advised by numerous sources that HBO is interested in setting up a trilogy fight between Sergio Martinez (47-2, 26KOs) and Paul Williams (39-2, 27KOs). Williams won a close twelve round split decision over Martinez in December of 2009, but Martinez got his revenge with a two round brutal knockout in November of 2010. Williams (15-0-1, 10KOs) returns to action on July 9 against unbeaten junior middleweight contender Erislandy Lara.

"It has come to our attention that Paul Williams and his braintrust decided to face a southpaw in his first fight back on HBO for the sole purpose of setting up a rubbermatch with middleweight champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez," said Lara's adviser, Greg Leon.

"In my opinion nobody wants to see a third fight between Martinez and Williams, but HBO has forgotten more about boxing than I will ever know. Team Lara is grateful to HBO for allowing us the opportunity to showcase his talents against one of the best fighters in the world."

Lara's manager, Luis DeCubas Jr., wants his boxer to secure the same post-fight opportunity as Williams. If Lara defeats Williams, DeCubas wants an immediate fight with Martinez, who does have an date of October 1 reserved with HBO.

"When Erislandy takes care of business on July 9, he wants the same opportunity that appears to be virtually etched in stone for Mr. Williams, a shot at the great middleweight champion Sergio Martinez," said DeCubas Jr. "Some might not agree with my victorious expectations on July 9, but I believe you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who thinks Lara is capable of doing worse against Martinez than Williams did on November 20, 2010."

BoxingScene spoke with Martinez's promoter, Lou DiBella, who does appear receptive to a fight with Lara - if he beats Williams in July - but DiBella doesn't expect that outcome.

"HBO does have some interest in a third fight between Martinez and Williams, and if Lara beats Paul Williams in July, then he's certainly earned the right to fight Martinez, but I don't expect that to happen [Lara beating Williams]," DiBella said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-aim-crush-hbos-martinez-williams-plan--39808

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't see the point, Martinez won the first fight by two rounds on my card and finished the rematch with an exclamation mark.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Ali wrote:I don't see the point, Martinez won the first fight by two rounds on my card and finished the rematch with an exclamation mark.

don't remember my exact score but I had Martinez winning as well.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm

HBO realy is a joke

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm

i think it is all going to be downhill for Williams now anyway. Williams is a vloume puncher with little defence. can he change that this late in his career??? leopards don't change their spots and tigers don't change their stripes. i don't think it will be much longer into Williams career before somebody cracks that chin again. i also am interested to see how tentatively he fights his next fight, i wonder if he tries to become a boxer because that devestating loss is going to be with him in his head in every fight he goes into from now on. i can just see Williams' career ending in a quite similar fashion as Jermain Taylor's did.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I want the fight, I think Martinez is better than he was the night he made Williams famous. Let it go so we can see Williams' career end.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm

dbudge wrote:i think it is all going to be downhill for Williams now anyway. Williams is a vloume puncher with little defence. can he change that this late in his career??? leopards don't change their spots and tigers don't change their stripes. i don't think it will be much longer into Williams career before somebody cracks that chin again. i also am interested to see how tentatively he fights his next fight, i wonder if he tries to become a boxer because that devestating loss is going to be with him in his head in every fight he goes into from now on. i can just see Williams' career ending in a quite similar fashion as Jermain Taylor's did.

With an eight of the legacy. That's pathetic considering Jermain Taylor's legacy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:28 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I want the fight, I think Martinez is better than he was the night he made Williams famous. Let it go so we can see Williams' career end.

It won't be a good fight. Soon as things get heated, Williams will get on his bike and do everything he can to avoid a repeat of what happened to him.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
With an eight of the legacy. That's pathetic considering Jermain Taylor's legacy.

lol sad but true
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:i think it is all going to be downhill for Williams now anyway. Williams is a vloume puncher with little defence. can he change that this late in his career??? leopards don't change their spots and tigers don't change their stripes. i don't think it will be much longer into Williams career before somebody cracks that chin again. i also am interested to see how tentatively he fights his next fight, i wonder if he tries to become a boxer because that devestating loss is going to be with him in his head in every fight he goes into from now on. i can just see Williams' career ending in a quite similar fashion as Jermain Taylor's did.

Nothing pathetic about JT's legacy, he's held a crown which once belonged to Robinson, Monzon, Halger and Hopkins.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Nothing pathetic about JT's legacy, he's held a crown which once belonged to Robinson, Monzon, Halger and Hopkins.

An eighth of that is what? A pathetic legacy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm

williams fought everybody who would fight him at welterweight. he ducked nobody and seeked out everybody in that division to prove himself so for his lack of legacy their i don't see as being his fault. it's a shame he became such a diva after his gift against Sergio first time out though. Jermain Taylor was a decent fighter, his health is what let him down. i just think Williams' handlers, trainer etc are who have let his career down the most. he could have started his rebuilding mission long ago after Martinez raped him in the rematch, instead they all held out for a massive HBO payday. not the mark of a true champion. i think Williams should get a little less hate than he gets though. he was a welterweight with little boxing skill but a ton of heart and a huge size advantage. he always sought out to fight the best when he was there and he deserves credit for that IMO

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:58 pm

dbudge wrote:williams fought everybody who would fight him at welterweight. he ducked nobody and seeked out everybody in that division to prove himself so for his lack of legacy their i don't see as being his fault. it's a shame he became such a diva after his gift against Sergio first time out though. Jermain Taylor was a decent fighter, his health is what let him down. i just think Williams' handlers, trainer etc are who have let his career down the most. he could have started his rebuilding mission long ago after Martinez raped him in the rematch, instead they all held out for a massive HBO payday. not the mark of a true champion. i think Williams should get a little less hate than he gets though. he was a welterweight with little boxing skill but a ton of heart and a huge size advantage. he always sought out to fight the best when he was there and he deserves credit for that IMO

He lost to Carlos Quintana which set him back in the division, then decided to fight Andy Kolle, Verno Phillips and Winky Wright north of 147. The notion that he could compete across three divisions is what ruined his career. He blew off chances and money to hold out. The Pavlik situation was a shame and Pavlik's fault. Old shot fighters and a loss to Quintana is what hurt Williams. In retrospect it's a good thing that he never fought Pavlik, his career would have been cut short.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

So, if Quintana asks for a trilogy with PW, he should get one?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:So, if Quintana asks for a trilogy with PW, he should get one?

Al Haymon clients only
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm

when everybody was claiming Pavlik was ducking Williams it did make me wonder, i always thought that Pavlik would have stopped Williams. Williams had to go north to get fights, nobody wanted a part of a 6'3 welterweight with an 81" reach and he avenged his loss to Quintana emphatically. i think he gets too much hate for what has been primarily his handlers fault. Williams was always an exciting guy to watch in action packed fights and he always fought to win, that should at least be recognised. however, i'm talking like this because i seriously think that Sergio's KO win over him will have ended his campaign to the ring as a perceived elite level fighter

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:So, if Quintana asks for a trilogy with PW, he should get one?

Well in accordance with Paul Williams and his team, any fight that ends under three rounds is a lucky win. So yeah Quintana deserves the rematch.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

dbudge wrote:when everybody was claiming Pavlik was ducking Williams it did make me wonder, i always thought that Pavlik would have stopped Williams. Williams had to go north to get fights, nobody wanted a part of a 6'3 welterweight with an 81" reach and he avenged his loss to Quintana emphatically. i think he gets too much hate for what has been primarily his handlers fault. Williams was always an exciting guy to watch in action packed fights and he always fought to win, that should at least be recognised. however, i'm talking like this because i seriously think that Sergio's KO win over him will have ended his campaign to the ring as a perceived elite level fighter

Is it uncomfortable to type with Paul Williams balls in your mouth?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:11 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:when everybody was claiming Pavlik was ducking Williams it did make me wonder, i always thought that Pavlik would have stopped Williams. Williams had to go north to get fights, nobody wanted a part of a 6'3 welterweight with an 81" reach and he avenged his loss to Quintana emphatically. i think he gets too much hate for what has been primarily his handlers fault. Williams was always an exciting guy to watch in action packed fights and he always fought to win, that should at least be recognised. however, i'm talking like this because i seriously think that Sergio's KO win over him will have ended his campaign to the ring as a perceived elite level fighter

i can touch type so it's not really an issue. i like their saltiness

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm

dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

i can touch type so it's not really an issue. i like their saltiness

Saltiness=training, next time you cum up for air ask him who is on his radar.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 pm

You two make Rachael sound like a choir girl.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Ali wrote:You two make Rachael sound like a choir girl.

She likes to play the rusty trombone.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

nothing worng with having a perverted mind. especially when i'm having a pokey bum wank

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next