The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS

2 posters

Go down

SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS Empty SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 pm

the trend continues.not only do they not fight they continue to back out of fights.otis grffin backed out of a cloud fight for a strap but instead rather fight a mandatory for clouds strap because theres a little more money in that fight.the ibf is offering 4 fighters to faceoff and the winner gets a mandatory to fight wlad..dimtrenko and boytsov declined soo a offer may go to a mormek whoever the hell he is but he may decline cause of a potential fight with rahman..lol turning down a real fight for a potential one..
they dont want to fight for a title or a strap and turn down fights that they can make money with to maybe fight a potential fight..they call themselves fighters..whats wrong with this picture here.

Back to top Go down

SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS Empty Re: SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I dont know. I dont get them. It seems like this has been the theme this year.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS Empty Re: SOME MORE OF TODAYSFIGHTERS TURNING DOWN FIGHTS

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Jean Mark Mormeck was one hell of a cruiserweight. He's the black dude with the blond hair and blond sideburns.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Marvin Hagler's opponents used to insist on more money than Marvin just to get in the ring with him,Hagler would concede to the demands just to work his way up the ladder to the Championship.
My...times have changed. pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:08 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:Marvin Hagler's opponents used to insist on more money than Marvin just to get in the ring with him,Hagler would concede to the demands just to work his way up the ladder to the Championship.
It all started going down hill when the promoters started managing fighters as well.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:Marvin Hagler's opponents used to insist on more money than Marvin just to get in the ring with him,Hagler would concede to the demands just to work his way up the ladder to the Championship.
It all started going down hill when the promoters started managing fighters as well.

Well said.Let managers manage and promoters promote.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:12 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Well said.Let managers manage and promoters promote.
Yeah I dont understand why fighters let their promoters tell them who to fight. Shouldnt it be that the promoter works for the fighter not the other way around.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:15 pm

W.B.A.=With Bob's Approval

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

There really seems to be a confluence of that, straps and Roy Jones Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Yeah. How did the straps get started in the first place?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Greedy sanctioning bodies and or promoters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:36 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Its such a joke. When God When are they going to realize they are killing our sport?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Its such a joke. When God When are they going to realize they are killing our sport?

Sadly as long as they make money the wellbeing of the sport doesn't come into consideration at all.

And killing the sport might be the wrong tense, from the looks of things. Let's hope Novembers fights go great and it bring a much needed boost to the game.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 pm

sooner they realize it but dont give a shit..they have been proven to take bribes for ranking.proven also for a phoney mandatory .pocket huge sanctionming fees etc etc and all go along because noo one steps in and says thats enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner they realize it but dont give a shit..they have been proven to take bribes for ranking.proven also for a phoney mandatory .pocket huge sanctionming fees etc etc and all go along because noo one steps in and says thats enough.
Come on John McCain do something about it. Maybe we should start writing him once a week.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 pm

thats a start..or draft a letter to mccain and burt sugar max kellerman dan r al berstein ring mag etc the same letter and attach our names plus our forums location.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 pm

dmar5143 wrote:thats a start..or draft a letter to mccain and burt sugar max kellerman dan r al berstein ring mag etc the same letter and attach our names plus our forums location.
Not a bad idea. If we only knew someone who is really good at writing and is pissed off enough. Got any ideas?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

i can and marble could also..or let marble and ill add points to it..at one time on espn i gave a outline of rules.tough but honest ones to get boxing out of the carnival attmosphere..marble may remember that..i wish i could locate that thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 pm

sooner i think we are all pissed.any REAL knowledgeable fan is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner i think we are all pissed.any REAL knowledgeable fan is.
I agree. I wouldnt be good at writing a formal letter as to the state of boxing because as sad this is its all I know. You guys can remember the good ole days. I just have the last 20 years or so of being a boxing fan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down