The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observations about Sat Night

+4
captainanddew
flapanther2001
gomez1012
Frank
8 posters

Go down

Observations about Sat Night Empty Observations about Sat Night

Post  Frank Mon May 09, 2011 1:41 pm

1. Manny Pacquiao, the number one star in boxing today, shook hands with Shane Mosley about 10 times during their fight last Sat night. Manny, next time break the guy’s head during the fight and shakes hands with him after the fight.

2. Yes, it was Manny’s worst outing in years. It looked as if the two fighters made a silent agreement very early in the bout. Probably following Manny’s knockdown of Shane. Manny, Floyd Mayweather makes these agreements with opponents all the time which is why he needs to fight a star on PPV. You however are a star. You’re still a fighter, not a singer and not really a politician. If you’re confused about any of that, leave while you’re still on top.

3. Any of you guys who say you wouldn’t screw those ring card girls because they had fake tits are “FULL OF SHIT!!!” God bless the ring card girls. They saved the night for me.

4. If Mosley doesn’t retire after this fight, I will start to wonder about his level of self respect. If he needed money, he has it now.

5. Manny Pacquiao has not run out of opponents. He just needs to start taking risks. Big ones. He’s done things in boxing that other fighters haven’t done and probably will never do. Maybe it’s time to take a leap to a fight I won’t mention, but once signed, will bring out every Pac doubter in the world. (No, not the Mayweather fight.) I’ve said it before. Great fighters do things “NOBODY” believes they can do. Not even their trainers. My prediction is Manny will dare to be great.

6. This message goes out to all boxers. If you make a ring entrance as bold and loud as “Shane Mosley” did the other night, you must fight. Doing anything else really makes you look as if you have no understanding of yourself or your abilities. Shane, LL Cool J. was loud and brave before the fight ,then sat on his ass while you got yours plastered. Good publicity for him and a beating for you. Shrewd Shane. Very shrewd.

7. For some reason, Showtime has always put on a better PPV undercard than HBO. I know that Don King put on good undercards by stealing the purse of his star fighter and giving it to the fighters on the undercard. I don’t know how Showtime manages to give us quality preliminary fights.

8. For the first time, I am one hundred percent sure that Floyd Mayweather will never fight Manny Pacquiao. Floyd was looking for Shane to shock Manny with his speed and power. Didn’t happen. Mayweather has tremendous talent and never worried about facing an “equal” in the ring. Those times are history. Years from now, if Floyd is walking around with millions of dollars and no brain damage, I still won’t respect his decision as a boxing observer, however I’ll understand it. I just wish MW was as reckless in the ring as he is out of it.

9. Is it just me, or did Antonio Margarito fight a braver fight against Manny than Mosley? Antonio got the beating of a lifetime because he actually tried to win the fight. Also, regardless of what anyone says, I came away with more respect for Antonio following his effort against Manny. I’ll admit it was a very exciting evening for me.

10. Shane Mosley should ask himself this question. “What good is it to have a beautiful trophy wife if you’re too brain damaged to tell the difference between her tits and her ass? Maybe that’s a little crass, but it’s a question you MUST ask yourself. It’s time to retire Shane. It’s time to retire.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Observations about Sat Night Empty Re: Observations about Sat Night

Post  gomez1012 Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Great post Frank
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 09, 2011 2:44 pm

2. Yes, it was Manny’s worst outing in years. It looked as if the two fighters made a silent agreement very early in the bout. Probably following Manny’s knockdown of Shane. Manny, Floyd Mayweather makes these agreements with opponents all the time which is why he needs to fight a star on PPV. You however are a star. You’re still a fighter, not a singer and not really a politician. If you’re confused about any of that, leave while you’re still on top.

Manny clearly stated that he had a problem with his leg. He did as much as he could against a fighter that would not engage while being physically hampered. Nobody's perfect.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:2. Yes, it was Manny’s worst outing in years. It looked as if the two fighters made a silent agreement very early in the bout. Probably following Manny’s knockdown of Shane. Manny, Floyd Mayweather makes these agreements with opponents all the time which is why he needs to fight a star on PPV. You however are a star. You’re still a fighter, not a singer and not really a politician. If you’re confused about any of that, leave while you’re still on top.

Manny clearly stated that he had a problem with his leg. He did as much as he could against a fighter that would not engage while being physically hampered. Nobody's perfect.

Strangely, his strength and conditioning coach (Khan's boy, Ariza)also said before the fight that he felt maybe that Manny was overtrained (and did the wrong training in doing too much running of hills; whatever that means).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Frank wrote:2. You’re still a fighter, not a singer and not really a politician. If you’re confused about any of that, leave while you’re still on top.
Pac's very much all 3. I don't respect his signing career because I think he's bad, but I think he's pretty popular. As far as being a politician, once you're elected you're legit. I'll believe that Pac had leg issues. He still looked sensational in bursts, better than he did against Margo I thought (I'll know for sure when I see it again in HD).

Frank wrote:3. Any of you guys who say you wouldn’t screw those ring card girls because they had fake tits are “FULL OF SHIT!!!” God bless the ring card girls. They saved the night for me.
I don't think anyone said it, but if they did it's just internet hype. Guys who wouldn't settle for a ring card girl don't usually have a choice in the matter. Guys who can get better looking girls still know those girls are nothing to sneeze at.

Frank wrote:5. Manny Pacquiao has not run out of opponents. He just needs to start taking risks. Big ones. He’s done things in boxing that other fighters haven’t done and probably will never do. Maybe it’s time to take a leap to a fight I won’t mention, but once signed, will bring out every Pac doubter in the world. (No, not the Mayweather fight.) I’ve said it before. Great fighters do things “NOBODY” believes they can do. Not even their trainers. My prediction is Manny will dare to be great.
Manny v. Martinez doesn't happen. Even if he wanted to I doubt his team would let it happen.

Frank wrote:8. For the first time, I am one hundred percent sure that Floyd Mayweather will never fight Manny Pacquiao. Floyd was looking for Shane to shock Manny with his speed and power. Didn’t happen. Mayweather has tremendous talent and never worried about facing an “equal” in the ring. Those times are history. Years from now, if Floyd is walking around with millions of dollars and no brain damage, I still won’t respect his decision as a boxing observer, however I’ll understand it. I just wish MW was as reckless in the ring as he is out of it.
I'm finally starting to accept that it probably won't happen. Floyd spent a career spent a career proving himself to get to where he is. If Floyd has his $ and has no brain damage I would respect that. I don't think he was looking for Shane to shock Pac. Shane did better than most people expected.

Frank wrote:9. Is it just me, or did Antonio Margarito fight a braver fight against Manny than Mosley? Antonio got the beating of a lifetime because he actually tried to win the fight. Also, regardless of what anyone says, I came away with more respect for Antonio following his effort against Manny. I’ll admit it was a very exciting evening for me.
Margo might be a scumbag, but no one will ever say he wasn't a man in the ring.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Great job Frank.

I think having an over-dramatic ring entrance almost always means your compensating for something. It's a gimick.

Floyd uses the gimick because he's not an exciting fighter to watch by the casual viewer. So he shows up in a gladiator costume or a Mexican outfit, or whatever to get attention.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 pm

mosley then should of made a statement..he should of showed up as peter pan..

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Best observation of the night (at my table that had about 15 people)

"Is this boxing or UFC"
-Dumb, drunk girl
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:mosley then should of made a statement..he should of showed up as peter pan..

He should just walked out wearing a sandwitch board that read, "I'm old, and am here just to get paid and not hurt"

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 09, 2011 5:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:mosley then should of made a statement..he should of showed up as peter pan..

So he should have dressed as Michael Jackson?
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:

So he should have dressed as Michael Jackson?
Now that's some scary shit.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 10, 2011 2:03 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Great job Frank.

I think having an over-dramatic ring entrance almost always means your compensating for something. It's a gimick.

Floyd uses the gimick because he's not an exciting fighter to watch by the casual viewer. So he shows up in a gladiator costume or a Mexican outfit, or whatever to get attention.

Boxing needs entrances like that for big fights. Look at the major events in Europe/Canada where they pack the house
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Great job Frank.

Boxing needs entrances like that for big fights. Look at the major events in Europe/Canada where they pack the house

+1

boxing is an entertainment business and there is a lot of competition out there. boxing needs to get into the 21st century before it is way too late

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down