The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy

3 posters

Go down

Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy Empty Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38565#ixzz1Kq2zTY5M

It's already been widely reported, including on this very website, that Top Rank sent an offer last Friday to Juan Manuel Marquez for a trilogy battle with Manny Pacquiao. The fight could take place on a date in October or November. While the exact terms are unknown, several outlets in Mexico are reporting, including Sal Rodriguez, that Marquez was offered a guarantee of $5 million with additional incentives like a percentage of the pay-per-view.

Marquez had two controversial meetings with Pacquiao, which ended with a twelve round draw in 2004 and a split decision loss in 2008.

"I'm like a stone in his shoe. He and his team know that I beat him twice," Marquez said a few days ago.

Pacquaio faces Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Dont think GBP can come close to matching this
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy Empty Re: Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:28 pm

there's only one reason Bob is doing this. it's all about his battle of supremacy in the boxing world against GBP. and it's becoming all a bit one-sided now even with HBO being in bed with Oscar!!! fair play Mr Arum

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy Empty Re: Top Rank offers Marquez $5 million guarantee for Manny Trilogy

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 pm

dbudge wrote:there's only one reason Bob is doing this. it's all about his battle of supremacy in the boxing world against GBP. and it's becoming all a bit one-sided now even with HBO being in bed with Oscar!!! fair play Mr Arum

Having HBO in bed with you is not fair play.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:there's only one reason Bob is doing this. it's all about his battle of supremacy in the boxing world against GBP. and it's becoming all a bit one-sided now even with HBO being in bed with Oscar!!! fair play Mr Arum

I think his point is even with HBO's help Arum is still dominating

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:50 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/SHOsports/status/63660655131107329

James Brown (JB) on returning to boxing, "I've covered lots of great sporting events, but nothing matches the energy of a big title fight!"

JB joining the Showtime crew for Pac vs Mosley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Still not fair play. HBO is still the powerhouse in boxing since they have the deepest pockets.

But it seems Showtime is closing in fast. Which I think is great. For the longest time I felt Showtime has been superior to HBO. They just don't got the budget HBO has. Atleast, not yet.

Things are changing. And maybe Arum working with them now is going to be the KO blow for the current hacks in charge of HBO Sports.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I think his point is even with HBO's help Arum is still dominating

yeh that was my point. when you say "fair play" in Britain it is because you are praising somebody's efforts.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Still not that excited about this but at least it beats Pac vs Cintron.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Ali wrote:Still not that excited about this but at least it beats Pac vs Cintron.

What? That'd atleast been a good fighter. In fact, Cintron would be a very live underdog.

I don't give JMM realy any chance at all. He's not the same JMM the last time they fought.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Still not that excited about this but at least it beats Pac vs Cintron.

What? That'd atleast been a good fighter. In fact, Cintron would be a very live underdog.

I don't give JMM realy any chance at all. He's not the same JMM the last time they fought.

Talking about from a marketing view, with Marquez there's rich history there, with Cintron he's not really got a personality.

I agree though, Cintron would give Manny problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 pm

As long as TR makes Cotto-Cintron, provided Cotto beats Margs, I'm fine. Time to get a real Jr Middle Champ

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Cintron vs any of the of following would be interesting

Mike Jones, Vanes, Wolak, Chavez Jr, Soto Karass
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Why does Bum Jr keep being brought into fights. Like Arum will ever let him fight any world class fighter.

It's as pointless as people bringing up Sturm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Why does Bum Jr keep being brought into fights. Like Arum will ever let him fight any world class fighter.

It's as pointless as people bringing up Sturm

I agree but at a certain point he'll have to, Duddy now Zbik, getting there.

He's $$$ because of his following

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't think Bum Jr is going to get past Zibik, outside a robbery. Not because I think Zibik is a world beater, but because Bum Jr realy does suck
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:50 am

@danrafaelespn I'm told @trboxing offer to Marquez to face #MannyPacquiao in the fall also has a rematch clause if JMM wins, guaranteeing him $10M + upside

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 am

GrantZilla wrote:I don't think Bum Jr is going to get past Zibik, outside a robbery. Not because I think Zibik is a world beater, but because Bum Jr realy does suck

lol sad but true. chavez jr really does suck. no speed and no power. Martinez would literally kill him and there is no way Uncle Bob matches these 2 anytime soon

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down