The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko"

+3
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
freakzilla
7 posters

Go down

Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko" Empty Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko"

Post  freakzilla Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/news/5600/2009-07-26/Joe-Calzaghe-I-Can-Beat-Wladimir-Klitschko

The retired, and undefeated former champion, Joe Calzaghe, believes that he can beat any of the top fighters at super middleweight and light heavyweight - and he is so confident of his talents that he also believes that he can rise up in weight and beat the 6'6 WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.

“I see the guys fighting now and I know I could beat them all,” Calzaghe told Walesonline. “That’s always the case. I’m Joe Calzaghe, I could beat anyone. I could step up and beat Wladimir Klitschko if I wanted."

As far as retirement, Calzaghe does not miss the training or the fighting. He does miss the money and the roar of the crowd.

“At the moment everything is still good,” Calzaghe says. “I’m not missing fighting one little bit. I don’t miss getting punched in the face, I don’t missing starving myself and I’m not missing running up those big hills. I am missing the pay cheques and having 50,000 people screaming my name though.”

Calzaghe did not miss the opportunity to take a few shots at his UK rival, WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch. Calzaghe doesn't think much of Froch or his talent and doesn't give him much of a chance in Showtime's Super Six tournament. He feels Froch will take a bad beating in the tournament.

“If you are asking what I think of Carl Froch and whether I’m tempted to come back and fight him, then my answer is simple. I’m watching him getting beaten up already, so I don’t need to bother. I watched Jermain Taylor kick his arse for 12 rounds the other week. All right, Froch did well in that last 12 seconds, but I’m not fooled. He is in that Super Six series now and I don’t even think he will know his name by the time that’s finished. It doesn’t need me coming back for that to happen,” Calzaghe said.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko" Empty Re: Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko"

Post  powerpuncher Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 pm

haha. still cocky even after he retires.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko" Empty Re: Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko"

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 pm

What a douchebag....he belongs in the "Shut the Fuck Up" Hall of Fame. Sounds like they interviewed him while he was snorting half of Bolivia. Who in their right mind bad mouths a guy that is not his nemesis, yet from his own country?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:22 pm

I would watch Calzaghe vs Wlad

He should do it just for the huge payday

He'd put up a better fight than Haye!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:06 pm

"I’m Joe Calzaghe, I could beat anyone. "

Joe Calzaghe: "I Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko" Shut_t10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 pm

slappy joe can box,but he can't fight enough to deter a klit & that's in his prime.i guess,if he talks long enough he might be a live dog,if nurse's are allowed in the ring.not sure slappy could beat highlander chin...

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:07 pm

This is old, Calzaghe's been saying this since he won the LHW title.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:08 pm

that article is over 2 years old lol

I actually remember that

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down