The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses

+4
hardcorebee24
Rum Capital
gomez1012
SlickMoney
8 posters

Go down

Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses Empty Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses

Post  SlickMoney Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

"Breaking News: We just got word that the Mares- Agbeko fight is OFF. Agbeko recently collapse and the Dr. will not allow him to fight."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9vk0ar

That sucks. Steve Kim saying maybe Eric Morel replaces Agbeko this saturday.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses Empty Re: Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 pm

wtf....

Arum fucking shit up?

Donaire vs Agbeko

Promoted by Arum and DKP!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses Empty Re: Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/60845592603140097

Agbeko, according to Don King spokesman Alan Hopper, was diagnosed with sciatica after he collapsed.

Suspect
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 pm

awfull.this has been a unbelievable year and its far from over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 pm

that sucks. morel will be no match for mares and it will be one of the few times i would actually cheer for a mexican against a rican.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:38 pm

What a pussy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Agbeko-Mares fight called OFF after King Kong collapses 05kong11
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:13 am

Tomoki Kemeda turn down an offer to fight Mares, pussy.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 am

Diego408 wrote:Tomoki Kemeda turn down an offer to fight Mares, pussy.

On three day notice, I don't blame them. When was the last time a fighter on less then a week notice scored an upset?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 am

plus on a 2-3 day notice how do you make the weight since they so call dehydrate 8 to 15 pounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 am

Sad Crying or Very sad

At least we've got Darchinyan vs Perez to fall back on Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Apparently Showtime asked for a Mares vs Darchinyan rematch scratch

The only smart thing to do is to bump Vic vs Perez to the main event and let Mares keep active as the co feature against a replacement.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Ali wrote:Apparently Showtime asked for a Mares vs Darchinyan rematch scratch

The only smart thing to do is to bump Vic vs Perez to the main event and let Mares keep active as the co feature against a replacement.

That is a head scratcher. No way Mares agrees to fight a southpaw on 3 days notice.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:Apparently Showtime asked for a Mares vs Darchinyan rematch scratch

That is a head scratcher. No way Mares agrees to fight a southpaw on 3 days notice.

That's what Porkie was saying in his tweets.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

What's up fellas!

This postponement sucks. I was gonna go too. Agbeko's excuse is hard to quivel with. If he was gonna lie, why pick the same excuse my grandma uses for when she can't cook me my cavateli.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm

hey scott hello.good luck with your online site..yes that fight would of had action.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm

dmar5143 wrote:hey scott hello.good luck with your online site..yes that fight would of had action.

dmar, thanks pal. Hope you're doing well.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Yo Scott, long time no see. Love your site
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yo Scott, long time no see. Love your site

An endorsement from the champ! Wow. Thanks a lot Grant. I appreciate it.

Hope all is well with you. And I didn't forget how you brought my attention to Helenius like 3 years ago and I see he just knocked out Peter. You got an eye for up-and-coming heavyweights my friend. Let me know about any other blue chippers you have your eye on.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Well, I hope they show Joe Hanks on tomorrow's FNF. But I think it'll be on the untelivised part.

I've seen him fight against limited comp. So hard to tell anything about him. But he's got the right physical aspects. 6'4, 235. And looks like Lennox Lewis

He's also got realy good footwork for a HW

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Grant, yeah I like Hanks too. The better hvy prospects might be coming out of Europe. I don't know if you ever saw my article where I try to find 10 heavies to keep an eye on. You like any of these guys?

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/searching-for-the-next-great-american-heavyweight-ten-fighters-to-keep-an-eye-on_021411/

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Good read. I don't think Seth Mitchell will ever become world class. Well, not as long as the Klits are ruling.

And Wilder. I think he's been over protected for a reason. Good power, terribly technique, and a very questionable chin.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm not happy about this at all. I thought Agbeko was gonna give Mares the business too.

Scottle, good stuff on the site. Like the interviews a lot. Did you tell Andrade that he's the best?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:53 am

Really sucks for Agbeko, I was rooting for him. At least Vic vs Yhonny is still on
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 am

ScottLevinson wrote:What's up fellas!

This postponement sucks. I was gonna go too. Agbeko's excuse is hard to quivel with. If he was gonna lie, why pick the same excuse my grandma uses for when she can't cook me my cavateli.

Long time no see Scott Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down