The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zab Judah's weight

3 posters

Go down

Zab Judah's weight Empty Zab Judah's weight

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Saw this on boxingscene. You have to take everything you see on there with a grain of salt.

Weights: Zab Judah 143-Pounds, Lucas Matthysse 147
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 11-06-2010.

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com was advised of the details regarding the IBF's morning weigh-in for tonight's junior welterweight eliminator between Zab Judah and Lucas Matthysse, which is scheduled to take place at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

At yesterday's weigh-in, Judah came in at 139-pounds. It was Judah's lowest weight since the two round TKO loss to Kostya Tszyu in 2001. He only rehydrated by a few pounds and weighed in this morning at 143. Matthysse, who weighed in at 140 on Friday, rehydrated to 147-pounds by Saturday morning.

The morning weigh-in has generated widespread whispers that Judah possibly overtrained to make the weight. Some people have compared it to Oscar De La Hoya's fight with Manny Pacquiao in 2008. The "Golden Boy" weighed in at 145 and only gained two pounds by the time of the fight. The figure of 145 was De La Hoya's lowest weight in a decade.

Once they stepped in the ring, De La Hoya's body had nothing in the tank. The much smaller Pacquiao dominated the action until the fight was stopped before the start of the ninth round. Be aware that Judah made 143 while wearing a t-shirt and shorts. You can shave at least another pound or two for the clothing.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Zab Judah's weight Empty Re: Zab Judah's weight

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Let's see how he looks walking to the ring. I remember when Oscar fought my brother called it immediately while we were watching him walk to the ring. I saw the same thing when Green fought Ward at their weigh-in.

Hope that's not the case because this is his last big shot I think.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Lucas Matthysse has an undefeated record, he's 27-0, 25 by KO, his biggest win was a 4th round TKO over Vivian Harris. (questionable stoppage) "Super" (or is that "Stupid") Zab is gonna have his hands full tonight, I hope Matthysse kicks his ass, nothing is more fun then seeing Zab do his chicken dance.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Ring wrote:Lucas Matthysse has an undefeated record, he's 27-0, 25 by KO, his biggest win was a 4th round TKO over Vivian Harris. (questionable stoppage) "Super" (or is that "Stupid") Zab is gonna have his hands full tonight, I hope Matthysse kicks his ass, nothing is more fun then seeing Zab do his chicken dance.

we'll find out about Matthysse tonight. His brother Walter, had a similar gaudy record, before fighting PW(and he has lost a ton since the PW fight). The record was built on fights in Argentina. Same for Lucas. Boxing writers have said he has more talent than Walter, but is it going to be enough tonight? Look forward to it. Shower Door Judah will continue a resurgence or he'll chicken dance. Either would have entertainment value.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:16 pm

If it get's tough, 3-1 says Zab quits
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:17 pm

GrantZilla wrote:If it get's tough, 3-1 says Zab quits

If it gets tough, he's gonna quit. He always has had million dollar talent and a 10 cent head.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Yup. You can expect Zab to take the Knee of Shame if it get's tough.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down