The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon

4 posters

Go down

Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon Empty Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:24 pm

BoxingScene.com was on hand for three time world champion Robert Guerrero's most recent sparring session at the Pound4Pound Gym in Las Vegas, NV. Guerrero is in the middle of his training camp for his April 9th showdown with Michael Katsidis of Australia. The fight is the co-feature to Erik Morales versus Marcos Maidana and takes place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and will be broadcast on HBO pay per view.

Including the Katsidis bout, three of Guerrero's past four fights will have been fought at the lightweight level (his fight versus Joel Casamayor last year was fought at the junior welterweight limt). Guerrero doesn't plan on staying in the division long. He has his eyes set on mixing it up in the hot junior welterweight division.

"After the Katsidis fight a lot of doors should be open for me. I want to fight for a belt (at 135 lbs.) after the Katsidis fight and then move immediately up to 140. That is a hot division."

Guerrero, who is a former world champion at featherweight and super featherweight doesn't plan on stopping at 140 pounds. The tall, lanky southpaw has his sights set on becoming a six division champion.

"I think I can eventually move up to 154 pounds before I retire. I am tall and I think I have the type of frame that I can add the weight. The key is that I have carried the power as I move up in weight."

http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-guerrero-eyes-move-junior-welterweight--37198

Back to top Go down

Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon Empty Re: Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I haven't been overly impressed with him as he has risen in weight. I think he has a rude awakening coming very soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon Empty Re: Robert Guerrero planning to move to 140lb soon

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Guerrero looked really average against an old Casamayor, he was even dropped by a jab at the end of the fight. I do believe he's got talent but he's yet to prove anything at Lightweight.

You already know how I feel about weight hoppers so I won't say anything more Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Get the body bag ready!
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:24 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Get the body bag ready!

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:25 pm

I would think this guy would wait until he fought Katsidis. If he can't manhandle Katsidis then he would be dead in the water against the 140lb guys. I hope Katsidis stops him and the ghost disappears.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:I would think this guy would wait until he fought Katsidis. If he can't manhandle Katsidis then he would be dead in the water against the 140lb guys. I hope Katsidis stops him and the ghost disappears.

If it gets rough he'll quit.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm confused as to why people are still giving Guerrero credit.

March 2009-the quit job vs Yourdan. He gets cut and it gets stopped. I normally give a guy the benefit of the doubt (but not in this case).

He beats Efren Hinojosa. He goes back down to 130 and beats Malcolm Klassen. He goes back to 135 and beats Robert David Arrieta. 140- he has a huge lead on old ass Casamayor and gets dropped late. He beats Escobedo at 135.
I am still waiting for proof that he is elite at 135 or 140. Beating these guys hasn't proven a damn thing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'm confused as to why people are still giving Guerrero credit.

March 2009-the quit job vs Yourdan. He gets cut and it gets stopped. I normally give a guy the benefit of the doubt (but not in this case).

He beats Efren Hinojosa. He goes back down to 130 and beats Malcolm Klassen. He goes back to 135 and beats Robert David Arrieta. 140- he has a huge lead on old ass Casamayor and gets dropped late. He beats Escobedo at 135.
I am still waiting for proof that he is elite at 135 or 140. Beating these guys hasn't proven a damn thing.

No one is, thats GBP keeping him alive in the sport lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down