The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL

3 posters

Go down

Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL Empty Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 pm

On Friday, January 28, 2011, Golden Boy Promotions flew out former three-time world champion, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (28-1-1, 18 KO's), to discuss his future with the company. The potential April 9th bout between future Hall of Famers, Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales is not officially signed, so Guerrero has made clear to GBP that he'd be willing to step in and fight either one.

"I've come to the realization that Marquez absolutely wants no part of me," said Guerrero. "I'm his mandatory and he's choosing to fight Morales. I don't want to hear any nonsense that I don't have a big enough name, or that he's not going to make the money he wants fighting me. I'm a three-time world champion, I've fought on national TV numerous times, and more importantly I believe this is a fight the fans want to see. So I'm not going to wait around for Marquez, I'm just going to move forward with my career, and strive for that fourth world title. I take him avoiding me and not willing to fight as a victory... If Morales wants to step in the ring then please send me the contract."

Bob Santos, manager for Guerrero went on to say, "Let me clear the air. Guerrero has earned the right to fight Marquez and HBO would get behind this bout. Outside of Pacquiao and Mayweather, Marquez will make more money fighting Guerrero then he would with anyone else. So money isn't the issue. The fact is Marquez knows Guerrero will beat him! Honestly, Marquez has become that fighter he's always complained about, when he was avoided by Barrera and Morales. My main objective is to keep Robert busy. He'll be fighting in April on HBO, and Richard Schaefer foresees him fighting again in June.

Guerrero feels the meeting with Golden Boy was exceptionally positive. "Their goal is to keep me active," stated Robert. "They said my next fight will be on April 9th, regardless what the outcome is with Marquez and Morales. I'm seeking the biggest fights out there"

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-juan-manuel-marquez-wants-no-part-me--35405

Back to top Go down

Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL Empty Re: Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Ali wrote:On Friday, January 28, 2011, Golden Boy Promotions flew out former three-time world champion, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (28-1-1, 18 KO's), to discuss his future with the company. The potential April 9th bout between future Hall of Famers, Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales is not officially signed, so Guerrero has made clear to GBP that he'd be willing to step in and fight either one.

"I've come to the realization that Marquez absolutely wants no part of me," said Guerrero. "I'm his mandatory and he's choosing to fight Morales. I don't want to hear any nonsense that I don't have a big enough name, or that he's not going to make the money he wants fighting me. I'm a three-time world champion, I've fought on national TV numerous times, and more importantly I believe this is a fight the fans want to see. So I'm not going to wait around for Marquez, I'm just going to move forward with my career, and strive for that fourth world title. I take him avoiding me and not willing to fight as a victory... If Morales wants to step in the ring then please send me the contract."

Bob Santos, manager for Guerrero went on to say, "Let me clear the air. Guerrero has earned the right to fight Marquez and HBO would get behind this bout. Outside of Pacquiao and Mayweather, Marquez will make more money fighting Guerrero then he would with anyone else. So money isn't the issue. The fact is Marquez knows Guerrero will beat him! Honestly, Marquez has become that fighter he's always complained about, when he was avoided by Barrera and Morales. My main objective is to keep Robert busy. He'll be fighting in April on HBO, and Richard Schaefer foresees him fighting again in June.

Guerrero feels the meeting with Golden Boy was exceptionally positive. "Their goal is to keep me active," stated Robert. "They said my next fight will be on April 9th, regardless what the outcome is with Marquez and Morales. I'm seeking the biggest fights out there"

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-juan-manuel-marquez-wants-no-part-me--35405

He's got a point.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL Empty Re: Robert Guerrero thinks Marquez wants no part of him LOL

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

What point ?

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

Ali wrote:What point ?

"I'm his mandatory and he's choosing to fight Morales. I don't want to hear any nonsense that I don't have a big enough name, or that he's not going to make the money he wants fighting me. I'm a three-time world champion, I've fought on national TV numerous times"

This point. If he was fighting Pac again I could understand but it's Erik Fucking Morales.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm

Guerrero has done nothing but be the only GBP fighter left at 135
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

"I'm his mandatory and he's choosing to fight Morales. I don't want to hear any nonsense that I don't have a big enough name, or that he's not going to make the money he wants fighting me. I'm a three-time world champion, I've fought on national TV numerous times"

This point. If he was fighting Pac again I could understand but it's Erik Fucking Morales.

Dude Guerrero has fought only twice at Lightweight, the only notable guy he's fought there was Escobedo who wasn't even top ten. That mandatory position is another example of why sanctioning bodies are killing the sport.

Marquez has defended the lineal crown three times against Diaz and Katsids, and he won the title from Casamayor( a man who even dropped Guerrero with a jab), I have no problem with a 37 champion who's defended his title wanting a payday.

Guerrero needs to wait for Katsidis and earn that shot !

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Dude Guerrero has fought only twice at Lightweight, the only notable guy he's fought there was Escobedo who wasn't even top ten. That mandatory position is another example of why sanctioning bodies are killing the sport.

Marquez has defended the lineal crown three times against Diaz and Katsids, and he won the title from Casamayor( a man who even dropped Guerrero with a jab), I have no problem with a 37 champion who's defended his title wanting a payday.

Guerrero needs to wait for Katsidis and earn that shot !

I'll take anyone other than Morales. That fight is a fucking joke. It's should be an exhibition.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Robert you have NEVER been a world champion. NEVER. Not for a split second.

You'd better hope Juan Manuel Marquez wants none of you.

Even at 124 years old (my estimate) JMM would whip you like a red headed stepchild!

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

marquez is too late in his career to care about the likes of guerrero. i think that the only reason he is fighting morales is because it will be a big fight in mexico. guerrero is no where near marquez' level.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down