The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A British fight to get excited about !

+2
captainanddew
Groundhog
6 posters

Go down

A British fight to get excited about ! Empty A British fight to get excited about !

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 am

A British fight to get excited about ! Groves-degale

May 21
At London:
Jürgen Brähmer vs. Nathan Cleverly, 12 rounds, for Brähmer's WBO light heavyweight title; James DeGale vs. George Groves, 12 rounds, for DeGale's British super middleweight title

Back to top Go down

A British fight to get excited about ! Empty Re: A British fight to get excited about !

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:20 am

These two don't like each other at all Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

A British fight to get excited about ! Empty Re: A British fight to get excited about !

Post  Groundhog Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:49 am

I'm excited about this one as well.

I like DeGale. Only thing I really don't like about him is he has Fatton syndrome. I mean his name is "Chunky" lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 am

Groundhog wrote:I'm excited about this one as well.

I like DeGale. Only thing I really don't like about him is he has Fatton syndrome. I mean his name is "Chunky" lol

lol, compared to Ricky he's Keira Knightly skinny.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am

I've been following Steve Bunce's boxing hour. Because it focuses on fighters from the UK, I'm getting more and more into Brits in the ring.

This is a good matchup. should be fun.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 am

James DeGale vs. George Groves is on my calendar. I kind of like the British invasion into the sweet science. They sound a helluva lot smarter than our American boxers here. They also seem more passionate about the sport.

Truth is, I always liked most of the British boxers who came over here. My problem with Britain is that "Welfare Queen Elizabeth." Old, blue haired bitch never held a job in her life and lives off of the state. That's Welfare. The Royal family, like most families that live off of the state, have problems like inter-breeding (incest) and a history of violence. Buckingham Projects may be nice to look at, but it's still a glorified welfare project.

Last edited by Frank on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:46 am

Chunky by KO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 am

Frank wrote:James DeGale vs. George Groves is on my calendar. I kind of like the British invasion into the sweet science. They sound a helluva lot smarter than our American boxers here. They also seem more passionate about the sport.

Truth is, I always liked most of the British boxers who came over here. My problem with Britain is that "Welfare Queen Elizabeth." Old, blue haired bitch never held a job in her life and lives off of the state. That's Welfare. The Royal family, like most families that live off of the state, have problems like inter-breeding (incest) and a history of violence. Buckingham Projects may be nice to look at, but it's still a glorified welfare project.

woah woah woah Frank, don't go talking about my Queen like that. that's fucking ignorance man. the Royal family generate a shitload of money for Britain through tourism. the fact is that everybody that visits London has to go and see Buckingham Palace because of it's Royal status. The Royal family do massive charity work around the globe and they conduct their Royal duties. Prince William and Prince Harry have both served their time in the army including stints in Afghanistan. yeah it might be sugar coated to the press, but to say they are a glorified welfare project is extremely ignorant. the work that the young Princes do for African children following their mother, Princess Diana's death is 100% admirable and considering these guys could just choose to live the life of luxury sheltered in their Palace i find it even more admirable. i was actually quite offended by your display of ignorance here Mr Frank

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 am

dbudge wrote:
Frank wrote:James DeGale vs. George Groves is on my calendar. I kind of like the British invasion into the sweet science. They sound a helluva lot smarter than our American boxers here. They also seem more passionate about the sport.

woah woah woah Frank, don't go talking about my Queen like that. that's fucking ignorance man. the Royal family generate a shitload of money for Britain through tourism. the fact is that everybody that visits London has to go and see Buckingham Palace because of it's Royal status. The Royal family do massive charity work around the globe and they conduct their Royal duties. Prince William and Prince Harry have both served their time in the army including stints in Afghanistan. yeah it might be sugar coated to the press, but to say they are a glorified welfare project is extremely ignorant. the work that the young Princes do for African children following their mother, Princess Diana's death is 100% admirable and considering these guys could just choose to live the life of luxury sheltered in their Palace i find it even more admirable. i was actually quite offended by your display of ignorance here Mr Frank
Dbudge, believe it or not, I'm not offended at all by your comments. I knew it was coming. I have friends in my business that tell me, "When you go to England, whatever you do, DON'T TALK ABOUT THE QUEEN."

They do charity work around the globe. Well, with millions of free money coming their way for absolutely nothing, I figure they'd have to find something to do. Whose money are they using for these propaganda trips to African, etc? Yours? Of course. There are a charity case in and of themselves.

My point is somewhat irrefutable. They DO NOT EARN THEIR OWN MONEY. THEY LIVE OFF OF THE STATE. THEREFORE, THEY ARE WELFARE RECIPIENTS AND HAVE BEEN FOR A LONG TIME. (By the way, I liked Diana. At least she didn't embarrass her family like Paris Hilton does here.)

Life is about who you know and what you know, however when someone is given the riches of millions of hard working people because of something their grandfather did 500 years ago, that's a con game.

We just see this differently. No need to insult each other about that. You see Liz as a queen. I see her as a food stamp collector. You see Charlie as "Prince Charles." In New Jersey or NY, he's Charlie, the big eared, unemployed fellow with the ugly girlfriend. You see Buckingham as a palace. I see it as a welfare project. Technically, it is. There is nothing you can say to logically refute those facts. Yours is an emotional argument. Also, dbudge, I can't see how you can think someone is superior to you from birth. I guess that's just something I can't understand.

Both Harry and Bill never came anywhere near a battlefield in their lives no matter what war they were in. They were probably more protected than our hospitalized soldiers.

As far the tourist money generated by the Welfare Queen, well, doesn't every country have tourist attractions? Millions go visit Graceland every year, however the Presley family earned their own money through his performances.

Leaders are born, not made. Leaders must go through a hellish existence to earn their right to lead, or else they are not leaders at all. This is America my friend.

I hope you're not taking this personally. Really, I admire your boxing knowledge and agree with a lot of your assessments. However, in our country, leaders are under intense scrutiny for the most part. Nobody is considered royalty and we hold their asses to the frying pan on a consistent basis to the best of our ability.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 am

Frank man you're being bitter about what??? is it the Royal family's fault that they were born into that family. did they personally choose for that to happen and all the responsibility that comes with it??? lots of people are born wealthy but that is no reason to insult them. at least the Royal do good with the money that they inherit, which is not all state funded. the State benefits hugely from this so i don't see what your problem is other than bitterness. i get up and go to work everyday. i did 21 hours yesterday and the people that piss me off are those that can't be fucked to get out of bed and sponge off a welfare system. the Royal family is not that, we do not choose what family we are born in to. like i said, the Royal family do massive charity work around the World, and that is not state funded. the Royal family own a lot of property, business investments etc etc. it's not just a blank chequebook that comes from the state. there are a lot worse people in the World to be bitter about. the fact is that the Royal family generate a fuck load more money than they take from the state. if the Royal family wasn't beneficial to the State then do you really think that they would still be as respected as an important aspect of British identity and society? the work that the majority of the key figures do around the World to help people far less fortunate than them is rather humble and admirable. it's a bad thing to be bitter about people in more favourable positions than ourselves.

anyway, i respect your boxing related opinion's but you're still totally fucking ignorant about this topic to be Frank Wink perhaps this was the wrong place to voice that opinion and if you were expecting that people were going to be offended by this then why did you post it? i'm leaving it at that because i lived in London for the majority of my life and i've probably seen the benefits of the British Royal Family more first hand than you have. i highly dislike people living off welfare systems, but Queen Elizabeth doesn't fit into that category for me. i think your view was shortsighted and biased and i wouldn't be ranting if i wasn't offended..... mate.

anyway (part 2) back to the original topic, i just bought my Groves vs Degale/ Cleverly vs Braehmer tickets. $300 each and i'm not even ringside....... geeeeez

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am

dbudge wrote:Frank man you're being bitter about what??? is it the Royal family's fault that they were born into that family. did they personally choose for that to happen and all the responsibility that comes with it??? lots of people are born wealthy but that is no reason to insult them. at least the Royal do good with the money that they inherit, which is not all state funded. the State benefits hugely from this so i don't see what your problem is other than bitterness. i get up and go to work everyday. i did 21 hours yesterday and the people that piss me off are those that can't be fucked to get out of bed and sponge off a welfare system. the Royal family is not that, we do not choose what family we are born in to. like i said, the Royal family do massive charity work around the World, and that is not state funded. the Royal family own a lot of property, business investments etc etc. it's not just a blank chequebook that comes from the state. there are a lot worse people in the World to be bitter about. the fact is that the Royal family generate a fuck load more money than they take from the state. if the Royal family wasn't beneficial to the State then do you really think that they would still be as respected as an important aspect of British identity and society? the work that the majority of the key figures do around the World to help people far less fortunate than them is rather humble and admirable. it's a bad thing to be bitter about people in more favourable positions than ourselves.

anyway, i respect your boxing related opinion's but you're still totally fucking ignorant about this topic to be Frank Wink perhaps this was the wrong place to voice that opinion and if you were expecting that people were going to be offended by this then why did you post it? i'm leaving it at that because i lived in London for the majority of my life and i've probably seen the benefits of the British Royal Family more first hand than you have. i highly dislike people living off welfare systems, but Queen Elizabeth doesn't fit into that category for me. i think your view was shortsighted and biased and i wouldn't be ranting if i wasn't offended..... mate.

anyway (part 2) back to the original topic, i just bought my Groves vs Degale/ Cleverly vs Braehmer tickets. $300 each and i'm not even ringside....... geeeeez
I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll be back. Twisted Evil By the way, I'll come back with some financial stats in another section. If I'm wrong, I still say they are jobless and pointless, but at least the palace given to them is a good tourist attraction by itself.

By the way, if they are so concerned about public matters, why don't they speak out against the horrific racism present at some of your soccer (football) games. I understand that a good number of the patrons come and make monkey sounds and throw bananas at black soccer players.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 am

i think your just being bitter about nothing. like i said, we don't choose what family we are born into. and i find it strange that you'd be more pissed off about a Royal family that is funded by a state other than your own. the charity work that they all do is great. Harry and William had to do their national service and that is more than i have ever done for my country. yeh they were probably highly protected, but they weren't given the silver spoon treatment. they still had to do the same combat training as everybody else. the work that they do around the World for children born into poverty shows that although they are born into riches, they show the same quality strength that natural leaders do. these charities and organisations are their own projects and they are highly involved. they don't just attach their name to them. if the Royal family didn't benefit this nation then they would not be such highly regarded figures in the State. i'm defending them because you have to sympathise that the Royal family were born into that family. that wasn't a lifestyle choice that they made and they will always have to put up with people voicing ignorant opinions like the one you have. they have massive responsibilty thrust upon them through no choice of their own. maybe you should look up on some of the work the young Royals have done around the World for those that are born with less "importance" than themselves rather than financial figures. then maybe you could see that these guys don't fit into the same category as layabout welfare spongers. seriosuly now... i'm leaving it at that ahhahahahahahahaha!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

A British fight to get excited about ! Empty Groves vs DeGale May 21st

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 am

woop woop woop. at the London O2 arena, capacity 20'000 and it is bound to sell out. i can't fucking wait for this fight, this is seriously going to be some highly intense action. just got my tickets at $300 each so it better live upto the hype!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 am

Her majesty could make millions as a political advisor to most of the world's so-called political leaders. She has been the head of state for all of the commonwealth countries (not just England, but Australia, Canada, the Bahamas, etc) for over 50 years and has a firm knowledge of world affairs.

She has the constitutional power to shutdown governments, dissolve parliaments, call elections, and veto bills, although she chooses to not interfere with most governmental affairs - she is briefed daily on everything.

Yes it's a life privilege, but it is also a life of duty, service, and unending public scrutiny.

A bit harsh and simplistic Frank, whatever your view on a consitutional monarchy.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:46 am

Canvas wrote:Her majesty could make millions as a political advisor to most of the world's so-called political leaders. She has been the head of state for all of the commonwealth countries (not just England, but Australia, Canada, the Bahamas, etc) for over 50 years and has a firm knowledge of world affairs.

She has the constitutional power to shutdown governments, dissolve parliaments, call elections, and veto bills, although she chooses to not interfere with most governmental affairs - she is briefed daily on everything.

Yes it's a life privilege, but it is also a life of duty, service, and unending public scrutiny.

A bit harsh and simplistic Frank, whatever your view on a consitutional monarchy.

merci

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Did Queen Elizabeth really just hijack this thread ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 pm

I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll be back. Twisted Evil By the way, I'll come back with some financial stats in another section. If I'm wrong, I still say they are jobless and pointless, but at least the palace given to them is a good tourist attraction by itself.

By the way, if they are so concerned about public matters, why don't they speak out against the horrific racism present at some of your soccer (football) games. I understand that a good number of the patrons come and make monkey sounds and throw bananas at black soccer players.[/quote]

what the fuck are you talking about?? your understanding would be false and a complete fabrication. this does not happen in Britain Frank so i really don't understand where this came from.

and yes Ali, Queen Elizabeth hijacked this thread. Frank thinks Her Majesty is a dole dosser

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 am

dbudge wrote:I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll be back. Twisted Evil By the way, I'll come back with some financial stats in another section. If I'm wrong, I still say they are jobless and pointless, but at least the palace given to them is a good tourist attraction by itself.

By the way, if they are so concerned about public matters, why don't they speak out against the horrific racism present at some of your soccer (football) games. I understand that a good number of the patrons come and make monkey sounds and throw bananas at black soccer players.

what the fuck are you talking about??. this does not happen in Britain your understanding would be false and a complete fabrication Frank so i really don't understand where this came from.and yes Ali, Queen Elizabeth hijacked this thread. Frank thinks Her Majesty is a dole dosser[/quote]I'm a lot of things, however a liar isn't one of them. "Inside Sports", a responsible HBO sports series, did a special entitled, "Europes Dirty Secret." Everything I said about the soccer games in England was presented by that show.

I really don't want to get into this again seeing that I was only half serious the first time around. You guys need to relax. Hell, how bad can a place be that gave us "Mick Jagger" and "The Beattles?"

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 am

Frank wrote:
dbudge wrote:I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll be back. Twisted Evil By the way, I'll come back with some financial stats in another section. If I'm wrong, I still say they are jobless and pointless, but at least the palace given to them is a good tourist attraction by itself.

what the fuck are you talking about??. this does not happen in Britain your understanding would be false and a complete fabrication Frank so i really don't understand where this came from.and yes Ali, Queen Elizabeth hijacked this thread. Frank thinks Her Majesty is a dole dosser
I'm a lot of things, however a liar isn't one of them. "Inside Sports", a responsible HBO sports series, did a special entitled, "Europes Dirty Secret." Everything I said about the soccer games in England was presented by that show.

I really don't want to get into this again seeing that I was only half serious the first time around. You guys need to relax. Hell, how bad can a place be that gave us "Mick Jagger" and "The Beattles?" [/quote]

hahaha are you really going to tell me that you know what happens in this country more than i do??? if you got caught doing that at a football game then you'd be locked up and it is as simple as that. surveilance in Britain is crazy and most football grounds have holding cells for the police to use. if somebody was caught at a match doing this then they'd get locked up. it might have happened in 1970ish sort of time but trust me Frank, that does not happen in this country. are you sure that they weren't showing games in Spain??? the Spanish are the most racist nation in Europe and i know that it happens there. but trust me, you couldn't get away with that at an English football match

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:43 pm

This looks to be a great fight.

The queen is old and not good looking but the new queen should be able to fix that.

European soccer has had issues with racism in the past, not sure about Britain.

I'm aware that this clip is heavily slanted, but it points to a lot of things that are real.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Gumby wrote:This looks to be a great fight.

The queen is old and not good looking but the new queen should be able to fix that.

European soccer has had issues with racism in the past, not sure about Britain.

I'm aware that this clip is heavily slanted, but it points to a lot of things that are real.

why is Europe always made out to be one country??? what happens in Spain and Italy does not reflect on what happens in Britain. that's like me comparing America to Mexico

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Blame the Euro?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Gumby wrote:Blame the Euro?

BLAME AMERICA!! lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 pm

We usually split it between Eastern Europe and Western Europe (which is more than we do for other continents) and a lot of the European nations shared similar histories and development.

As far as soccer goes, Brits are known for being rowdy so it's easy to lump them together with the trend of racist fans even if it's not true. They fit the image.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down