who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 am

im excited for this fight because i think that we will really see what broner is made of. broner has had problems when his opponents have pressured him. has he improved on that? i dont know. demarco isnt a great fighter but is a good fighter. if broner can dominate then i will say that broner is legit. if he struggles but still win, i will say that he is still good but probably not great. if he loses, then we will see what happens with his career. i think that it will be a good fight though so im excited.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Soonermark890 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

powerpuncher wrote:im excited for this fight because i think that we will really see what broner is made of. broner has had problems when his opponents have pressured him. has he improved on that? i dont know. demarco isnt a great fighter but is a good fighter. if broner can dominate then i will say that broner is legit. if he struggles but still win, i will say that he is still good but probably not great. if he loses, then we will see what happens with his career. i think that it will be a good fight though so im excited.
for some reason I think demarco beats him. I'm not sure broner is really that good

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dbudge on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself

dbudge

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2010-11-14
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dmar5143 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:42 pm

dbudge wrote:I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
..i agree.yes hes far above demarco.yes upsets can happen but ...yep the guys a complete jerk.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  flapanther2001 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm

DeMarco is much improved and Broner had a tough time with a much smaller southpaw in Ponce de Leon.
avatar
flapanther2001

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  fightscorecollector on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 pm

im covering this fight on my fightscorecollector site, should be a close fought thing IF Broner lives up to his hype.

i was also gonna do the Froch fight but i cant get out of a dinner with the Mrs side of the family lol but will catch the fight before the Broner/Demarco one starts

fightscorecollector

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-11-03
Location : Glasgow, Scotland

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am

dmar5143 wrote:
dbudge wrote:I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
..i agree.yes hes far above demarco.yes upsets can happen but ...yep the guys a complete jerk.
For some reason I just have a feeling that he is going to give Broner all he can handle.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
dbudge wrote:I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
..i agree.yes hes far above demarco.yes upsets can happen but ...yep the guys a complete jerk.
For some reason I just have a feeling that he is going to give Broner all he can handle.
demarco is legit. he isnt great but if broner can easily win then broner is the real deal (not like top p4p real deal necessarily but top of the weight class real deal). broner is still young and can improve a lot. he has a lot of talent but i see many flaws that he needs to fix.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:57 am

one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dbudge on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 am

powerpuncher wrote:one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.

That is true. It's one of the best fights available for him right now. I think Broner is the real deal, I just can't see how people find his arrogant and childish behaviour entertaining. I think the way he fucked Escobedo over with coming in overweight should've been punished more. I just hate the silver spoon treatment this Haymon managed fighter gets. Broner has got enough skills to not have to act like a muppet. He claims he has charisma, but there is a difference between being a dick and having charisma!

dbudge

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2010-11-14
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  UBeeg9cats on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 pm

This fight is appealing because it is Broner stepping up to legit competition. If Broner is what he and the media says he is, he does blow out Demarco. I'm with Sooner that I give Demarco a VERY good shot of winning. It is a 50-50 fight to me and I would probably pick Demarco just to be on the short list if he does win Laughing Demarco has solid skills, above average power, a good chin and good heart. He is also a southpaw. Broner will not have the tremendous size advantage he has had recently. I can see the scenario where it is a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round TKO for Broner but I believe that won't be the case. I think Demarco can survive the first 3rd of the fight without being KD or seriously hurt. If that scenario happens, we will get to see how Broner responds to an unexpected scenario. I know he is saying the right things about it being a tough fight but I believe he thinks Demarco is tailor made for him and that he is the best young star in the game.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

dbudge wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.

That is true. It's one of the best fights available for him right now. I think Broner is the real deal, I just can't see how people find his arrogant and childish behaviour entertaining. I think the way he fucked Escobedo over with coming in overweight should've been punished more. I just hate the silver spoon treatment this Haymon managed fighter gets. Broner has got enough skills to not have to act like a muppet. He claims he has charisma, but there is a difference between being a dick and having charisma!
he doesnt really bother me. he is what he is. i dont hate on fighters for their act. they do it to get a response. so loving him or hating him for it is a win for him.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  kbyte on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Its an interesting fight for sure. I just hope that the nice, humble and crowd pleasing fighter beats the totally unlikeable and fake fighter.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 am

broner impressed me tonight. he showed me that he is the real deal. lightweight doesnt have anyone that great at it. demarco may have been the best. i dont see broner having much competition at that weight.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Shaun on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 am

Easy win for Broner. That 135 pound division is weak though. In fact, they should just get rid of that division.

I would like to see him fight at 140. Much better opposition and would be good for his name recognition. Throw him in against Zab Judah as an introduction to the division.
avatar
Shaun

Posts : 750
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 34
Location : Dallas, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dbudge on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 am

Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

dbudge

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2010-11-14
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  hardcorebee24 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 am

Shaun wrote:Easy win for Broner. That 135 pound division is weak though. In fact, they should just get rid of that division.

I would like to see him fight at 140. Much better opposition and would be good for his name recognition. Throw him in against Zab Judah as an introduction to the division.

You want boxing to do away with the Lightweight Division? Get rid of Jr Welter and Super and Jr divisions at the Jockey weights.
avatar
hardcorebee24

Posts : 3310
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  hardcorebee24 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 am

dbudge wrote:Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

He's a monster. Frank Warren will not allow Burns to catch that ass whopping.
avatar
hardcorebee24

Posts : 3310
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dbudge on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

He's a monster. Frank Warren will not allow Burns to catch that ass whopping.

I think you're right, although he claimed an agreement between himself and golden boy had already been reached not too long ago. However, I think last night will have changed that. I said a while back that Broner was gonna to be the next big thing in the sport and a lot of guys on here scoffed at that notion. I do love being right though Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil cyclops elephant

dbudge

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2010-11-14
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 am

I have to eat crow. I thought Demarco was going to challenge him. The first 4 rounds even went the way I thought they needed to go for Demarco to have a chance. Then came round 5 and he got annihilated. Broner is the real deal but he does have Burns and Gamboa at 135. At 140, he has legit challenges that are promoted by GBP. Garcia and Matthysse are both waiting and probably drooling about the prospects.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 am

powerpuncher wrote:broner impressed me tonight. he showed me that he is the real deal. lightweight doesnt have anyone that great at it. demarco may have been the best. i dont see broner having much competition at that weight.
Me too. I wasnt for sure on him. That guy is damn good.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I have to eat crow. I thought Demarco was going to challenge him. The first 4 rounds even went the way I thought they needed to go for Demarco to have a chance. Then came round 5 and he got annihilated. Broner is the real deal but he does have Burns and Gamboa at 135. At 140, he has legit challenges that are promoted by GBP. Garcia and Matthysse are both waiting and probably drooling about the prospects.
Can I have a side of fries with mine?

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  koolkc107 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I thought Broner would win the fight.

But not the way he did it.

I saw him outpointing and frustrating DeMarco, not annihilating him.

One more victory like this one against a top 135 guy and he makes the P4P list, I think
avatar
koolkc107

Posts : 170
Join date : 2012-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  captainanddew on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm

I'd rather Broner face Burns then move up.

While Garcia is the ring recognized champ at 140, LM or Rios are the trials by fire that I want to see Broner face.


_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Diego408 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I agree on a Broner vs Burns fight. Burns is a pretty good boxer and could make it competitive. Broner still takes it by KO. I still don't like Broner because of ridicules personality and trying to hard to be like Floyd, but I've never questioned his skill and I love watching him fight. His chin is pretty good also. Broner should seriously have one or two more fights at lightweight and move up. The 130 and 135 division have been empty of talent because everyone has been moving up weight. They move up because the money is at 140-160 weight classes.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum