The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

+3
captainanddew
GrantZilla
gomez1012
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  - Page 2 Empty Re: HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  - Page 2 HBO-Sports-Needs-an-Enema

Did you do that Ali? Pretty tight

No, I found it in another forum.

Back to top Go down

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  - Page 2 Empty Re: HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 am

Isai (OKC)
What do you think of the inflated ratings report from HBO? Do you have any insight on this?

Dan Rafael (12:43 PM)
The ratings are not inflated. HBO takes those things very seriously. If they say a fight did a certain amount of viewers, it did based on its statistics. Period.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 am

GrantZilla wrote:Isai (OKC)
What do you think of the inflated ratings report from HBO? Do you have any insight on this?

Dan Rafael (12:43 PM)
The ratings are not inflated. HBO takes those things very seriously. If they say a fight did a certain amount of viewers, it did based on its statistics. Period.

Nielsen Ratings > HBO press release

The funny thing is they say the highest since Kirkland vs Julio like thats the ratings # you want to beat or even compare to lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 am

Fat Dan is a tool, and probably paid off by GB and GreenChump
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:07 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Jesus. How can even lie about this when facts will come on.

Doesn't this idiot learn from Dana White, who lies about gate numbers for every fight, and then actual gate numbers came out by State Athletic Commissions?

Someone needs to fowards this to Fat Dan. I can't since my IP is blocked

Can you provide me a link that exposes Dana White's inaccurate gate numbers/ppv buys?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:10 pm

I heard HBO includes the following mornings replay numbers into their number.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I heard HBO includes the following mornings replay numbers into their number.

Wouldn't surprise me, Greenburg will be doing everything he can at the moment to avoid the chop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I heard HBO includes the following mornings replay numbers into their number.
If that's the case they are not lying then, because it would indeed be around 1.4 million viewers. However, it is misleading.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 pm

shdavistx wrote:Can you provide me a link that exposes Dana White's inaccurate gate numbers/ppv buys?

White and UFC do not EVER release PPV numbers. All you get is "estimates." Unlike HBO and Showtime, that are public and so information has to be released.

There's been disbutes on how accurate these "estimates" are.

As for attendance. Example, UFC 125, UFC released it had a gate of 12,874. But as usual, athletic commission released the real truth.

OF that total, 6,978 were actualy sold, and 5,896 were given away, with 1,077 unsold. That's almost half the gate were comp tickets.

UFC and White do this shit all the time.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/13/ufc-125-finishes-with-12-874-in-attendance/
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
shdavistx wrote:Can you provide me a link that exposes Dana White's inaccurate gate numbers/ppv buys?

White and UFC do not EVER release PPV numbers. All you get is "estimates." Unlike HBO and Showtime, that are public and so information has to be released.

There's been disbutes on how accurate these "estimates" are.

As for attendance. Example, UFC 125, UFC released it had a gate of 12,874. But as usual, athletic commission released the real truth.

OF that total, 6,978 were actualy sold, and 5,896 were given away, with 1,077 unsold. That's almost half the gate were comp tickets.

UFC and White do this shit all the time.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/13/ufc-125-finishes-with-12-874-in-attendance/

Man that is so cheap. I wonder if they lie about the PPV numbers.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 pm

They will give out a number, and UFC fangirls will go with it. Even though zero proof the number is accurate. Best you can get is "insider" estimates.

Arum has disputed that UFC 100 1.5 million PPV buys is total bullshit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I read UFC 127 did pretty poor in the PPV department.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:They will give out a number, and UFC fangirls will go with it. Even though zero proof the number is accurate. Best you can get is "insider" estimates.

Arum has disputed that UFC 100 1.5 million PPV buys is total bullshit.

Someone should file a lawsuit. MMA, in a sense, is a competitor to boxing. Providing false information like that should be illegal because it is taking a misleading stance that your company is outperforming another. Reputation is everything.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Let's be fair, not like boxing promoters are above doing such things. Just, they can't hide actual PPV numbers when it's on HBO or Showtime.

I don't think Arum actualy releases the real numbers for his Top Rank PPVs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Let's be fair, not like boxing promoters are above doing such things. Just, they can't hide actual PPV numbers when it's on HBO or Showtime.

I don't think Arum actualy releases the real numbers for his Top Rank PPVs
Well he shouldn't, because Top Rank PPVs are a joke. But what annoys me about it is this. Boxing fans seem to understand the business better and hold promoters to a higher standard. MMA fans (particularly UFC fans), are more casual, and just believe every bit of information that they receive. Very unhealthy.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 pm

The thing that annoys me, is MMA fangirls and even stupid media, have no problems bitching about problems with boxing, but ignore the same shit that goes on in MMA.

--Boxing has too many crappy PPVs. Um, and UFC doesn't? They have a PPV a month. They got PPV dates without even fights. They put out like what, 14 PPVs a year?

--Boxers are too in-active. And MMA fighters aren't? They average about 2 fights a year, maybe three. That's it.

--Too many belts and the best don't fight each other. Ok, and not too many belts in MMA? You got UFC HW Champ. Strikeforce HW Champ. Bellator HW Champ. Dream HW Champ, ect, ect.

Strikeforce currently having HW tournament. Are any UFC HWs taking part in it? Didn't think so.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:53 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The thing that annoys me, is MMA fangirls and even stupid media, have no problems bitching about problems with boxing, but ignore the same shit that goes on in MMA.

--Boxing has too many crappy PPVs. Um, and UFC doesn't? They have a PPV a month. They got PPV dates without even fights. They put out like what, 14 PPVs a year?

--Boxers are too in-active. And MMA fighters aren't? They average about 2 fights a year, maybe three. That's it.

--Too many belts and the best don't fight each other. Ok, and not too many belts in MMA? You got UFC HW Champ. Strikeforce HW Champ. Bellator HW Champ. Dream HW Champ, ect, ect.

Strikeforce currently having HW tournament. Are any UFC HWs taking part in it? Didn't think so.

Send this post to Iole at Yahoo Grant. Interested to see if he would respond. Good post.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Kidding me. Iole won't post it. He's White's bitch boy.

Why I wish The Ring.com would end their partnership with Yahoo. Yahoo Boxing is a disgrace. The Ring needs to parner up with ESPN
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Kidding me. Iole won't post it. He's White's bitch boy.

Why I wish The Ring.com would end their partnership with Yahoo. Yahoo Boxing is a disgrace. The Ring needs to parner up with ESPN

Iole is an idiot. He says stupid things that any smart boxing fan wouldn't say. Sergio Martinez didn't throw a left hook to KO PW!!!!!! A left hook? What an idiot.

Putting Grant's comments aside about Iole being a homer for UFC and Dana White (not disputing whether your comments are on point as I think they are), Iole just doesn't come off as too bright. While I hate Dan Rafael and his attitude, he does seem intelligent. Iole-not so much!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Not only that, why is The Ring partnered up with Yahoo who treat boxing like a joke. There boxing site is pure crap, and even dropped boxing off the banner recently.

ESPN is top sport's news in the US. So it's dumb for The Ring.com not to be afflilated with them, same way Sherdog, top MMA site, is affilated with ESPN's MMA site.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2