The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace

+3
gomez1012
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace Empty Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

The World Boxing Council has approved Saul Alvarez vs. Matthew Hatton for the vacant WBC super welterweight world title after having received a two/thirds vote of the WBC Board of Governors.

The WBC found that five of the top six ranked fighters in the division had different problems and were not available to fight, in addition to considering
, by absolute majority, that Hatton is a highly worthy boxer.
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26923&more=1
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace Empty Re: Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Shocking....huh? Twisted Evil
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace Empty Re: Alvarez vs. Hatton for WBC Jr Middle trinket...what a disgrace

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I expect this shit from WBC. What is disgusting is, you know HBO will being hyping this up as Championship fight, and Alvarez as a Champion after he beats Hatton.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I expect this shit from WBC. What is disgusting is, you know HBO will being hyping this up as Championship fight, and Alvarez as a Champion after he beats Hatton.

GBP pushed for it... Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Lets forget about Chavez fighting for a trinket (he doesn't deserve to), but Hatton!!!! He is a welter. He hasn't been fighting at junior middle. He isn't top 30 for welters!!!!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Hatton has paid his dues!! He was the undisputed Jr WW champion of the world people! Even tho he is fighting for the first time at Jr Middle this is his first fight since being KO'd by P4P great Manny remember!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:42 pm

nano212 wrote:Hatton has paid his dues!! He was the undisputed Jr WW champion of the world people! Even tho he is fighting for the first time at Jr Middle this is his first fight since being KO'd by P4P great Manny remember!

nano, this isn't Ricky Hatton making a comeback. It is his mediocre brother!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm

captainanddew wrote:
nano212 wrote:Hatton has paid his dues!! He was the undisputed Jr WW champion of the world people! Even tho he is fighting for the first time at Jr Middle this is his first fight since being KO'd by P4P great Manny remember!

nano, this isn't Ricky Hatton making a comeback. It is his mediocre brother!!!!

I know Capt I was being sarcastic! The WBC hands out "title belts" like crazy, Just watch how Canelo will celebrate and cry when he wins his "first" world title belt much like Berto cried when he beat Richie Valens for the WBC belt that Floyd left behind when he retired! Tired of that shit!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asgoXEzdQWE

Look at the 1:30 mark and on! What a great win for Berto he beat a worthy Challenger for the WBC belt Floyd left behind when he retired! That is why the WBC leads the way!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah, but Rossy said HBO doesn't credit the ABC belts Rolling Eyes
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 am

Golden Boy want their golden prospect to have a trinket Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:13 am

Former WBC champion and future hall-of-famer, Juan Manuel Marquez, is shaking his head at the the WBC's decision to sanction Saul Alvarez vs. Matthew Hatton for the vacant WBC 154-pound title. Their clash takes place on March 5 in California. Marquez is wondering how Alvarez became the manadatory contender without fighting other ranked fighters to gain the spot.

Marquez calls the fight a "violation of the WBC's rules" because Hatton is not ranked by the WBC at junior middleweight. He is ranked at "number five" at 147-pounds. Two fighters in the top six at 154, Ryan Rhodes and Vanes Martirosyan, claim the WBC never contacted them about fighting Alvarez for the title.

"They should give the championships to those who really deserve it, those who climbed the rankings. 'Canelo' Alvarez did not have any fights with any ranked junior middleweights and suddenly he's number one. Even more, I find it absurd that he's given a title shot against someone who is not even ranked...that violates the rules, because it's supposed be against the highest rated available contender," Marquez told Sal Rodriguez.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=36096

I hope Rhodes and Martirosyan sue.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 am

I hope this opens the eyes of more fighters that the belts are a joke. Things like this are why I found Sulaiman's letter absurd. There's no way he can think what he's doing is legit, unless he's completely detached from boxing and just signs papers when they're brought to him. Either way, trying to defend himself or the WBC is pointless because he just give everyone else more ammo.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

GrantZilla wrote:Former WBC champion and future hall-of-famer, Juan Manuel Marquez, is shaking his head at the the WBC's decision to sanction Saul Alvarez vs. Matthew Hatton for the vacant WBC 154-pound title. Their clash takes place on March 5 in California. Marquez is wondering how Alvarez became the manadatory contender without fighting other ranked fighters to gain the spot.

Marquez calls the fight a "violation of the WBC's rules" because Hatton is not ranked by the WBC at junior middleweight. He is ranked at "number five" at 147-pounds. Two fighters in the top six at 154, Ryan Rhodes and Vanes Martirosyan, claim the WBC never contacted them about fighting Alvarez for the title.

"They should give the championships to those who really deserve it, those who climbed the rankings. 'Canelo' Alvarez did not have any fights with any ranked junior middleweights and suddenly he's number one. Even more, I find it absurd that he's given a title shot against someone who is not even ranked...that violates the rules, because it's supposed be against the highest rated available contender," Marquez told Sal Rodriguez.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=36096

I hope Rhodes and Martirosyan sue.

Maybe I'm being too hard on JMM but he shouldn't talk about trinkets. He accepted not one but two vacant belts when he beat Juan Diaz the first time.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I hate all ABC belts. But if I had to support one sanctioning body, be IBO. There rankings may be wacky at times with computer ranking, but atleast method/formula too it.

Rest of ABC belt rankings are a disgrace
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down