The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

+3
captainanddew
GrantZilla
gomez1012
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Empty HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:11 pm

http://www.theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1959

Especially when you know that “The Boxing Truth” can expose the reality of the situation it would makes no sense to do so.

The rating of HBO’s Boxing After Dark for the live broadcast Saul Alvarez-Matthew Hatton bout was reported earlier this week as having been 1.4 million live viewers. This figure seemed very strong for this day and age for the “Heart and Soul” of boxing.

As a boxing fan, I was impressed to hear this figure as I awaited for my direct contact at Nielsen Media Research to release me a figure that coincided with the 1.4 million figure released by various media outlets.

Today as I browsed my inbox, I finally received the live ratings figure for the HBO broadcast.

This is what was sent to me directly from Nielsen Media Research:

March 5, 2010 - HBO - 7:30 PST Adrien Broner vs. Ponce De Leon – 762,000 live viewers
March 5, 2010 - HBO - 8:30 PST Saul Alvarez vs. Matthew Hatton – 920,000 live viewers

It appears as though something isn’t correct about the reported figure of 1.4 million total live viewers for the Alvarez-Hatton broadcast.

This thing smells like HBO propaganda as executives Ross Greenburg and Kerry Davis are roller skating on an oil-slicked, iced-over catfish pond in Minnesota.

In 2010, following the Miguel Cotto-Yuri Foreman bout in New York, HBO publicly released the live rating for the broadcast as having been seen by 1.9 million live viewers. This figure was in fact incorrect as the live viewership (provided to me by Nielsen Media Research) reported a 1.6 million live viewership.

HBO attempted to inflate the correctly reported number to 1.9 million by combining the live figure with the Sunday replay which obviously must have garnered roughly 300,000 viewers.

At this point you might simply ask... what’s the big deal?

The big deal is the fact that the public and power players within the boxing industry are being openly and blatantly lied to when it comes to correct ratings figures. This gives certain parties more leverage over the other and gives an elevated sense of success.

920,000 live viewers is not a bad figure considering that HBO paid significantly more to broadcast the battle between Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis in late 2011 which garnered slightly under a 1 million live viewership mark.

However... 920,000 is not 1.4 million.

Perhaps there is need to inflate certain marks as a person’s high-paying job is on the line but at this point... you’re once again treating boxing fans and the industry as morons incapable of producing factual information. I hate being treated like such and therefore will continue putting out “The Boxing Truth” when HBO conveniently pumps out inflated ratings figures.

PS. Kudos to Golden Boy Promotions for putting some serious marketing effort behind Saul Alvarez’s headline debut in Southern California. Hopefully with continued dedication “Canelo” can actually garner the 1.4 million live rating that was such a common occurrence back in 2005.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Empty Re: HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:14 pm

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Rossgreenburg1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Empty Re: HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Jesus. How can even lie about this when facts will come on.

Doesn't this idiot learn from Dana White, who lies about gate numbers for every fight, and then actual gate numbers came out by State Athletic Commissions?

Someone needs to fowards this to Fat Dan. I can't since my IP is blocked
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Jesus. How can even lie about this when facts will come on.

Doesn't this idiot learn from Dana White, who lies about gate numbers for every fight, and then actual gate numbers came out by State Athletic Commissions?

Will forward to him asap
HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Dans
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Cool. See if Fat Dan does anything with it. Because this needs to get out there. Nobody likes to be lied too. Truth will come out one way or another.

And what HBO doing is total bullshit, and is why Showtime is kicking their ass. As said, this kind of pathetic tactics Dana White does.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Cool. See if Fat Dan does anything with it. Because this needs to get out there. Nobody likes to be lied too. Truth will come out one way or another.

And what HBO doing is total bullshit, and is why Showtime is kicking their ass. As said, this kind of pathetic tactics Dana White does.

Writer of article was telling me Brandon Rios pulled in strong rating of 709k for SHO

Impressive
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:41 pm

That is impressive. And bet that fight cost nothing compared to what HBO shelled out for the ginger.

HBO realy is a disgrace.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

GrantZilla wrote:That is impressive. And bet that fight cost nothing compared to what HBO shelled out for the ginger.

HBO realy is a disgrace.

The sooner Davis and Greenburg are gone the better, shit is bad there
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

simply amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Once again HBO is trying to manufacture a star.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 am

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Jesus. How can even lie about this when facts will come on.

Will forward to him asap
HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  Dans

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks for the info, Gomez. Good post.

Everything makes a little more sense at the moment.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 am

I got the feeling Greenburg and Davis still have jobs only because HBO looking for replacements.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 am

Not surprising. HBO sports seems to infected with a dangerous combination of arrogance and incompetence.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 pm

This is what i've said before about HBO. when i saw Greenburg's response to Grant's e-mail about recognising Mickey Mouse titles, i felt totally insulted for every boxing fan Worldwide. it is totally insulting to the people that pay that arrogant, up his own arsehole's wages intelligence. and it's what drive people away from following a sport that they once use to love. it's not good for the future prospects of Boxing in the mainstream at all as the people running boxing think that everything is still happy days. i fucking hate Greenburg right now, i want to know whose cock he is sucking to still be on HBO's payroll

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:38 pm

And you have Fat Dan defending HBO to multiple queries by people in his chat. He is an asshole
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:And you have Fat Dan defending HBO to multiple queries by people in his chat. He is an asshole

Dan has his tongue so far up Golden Boy and Greenburg's assess he's cleaning their tonsils.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

He had multiple people pushing him on the HBO lies about ratings and he defended them.

He had at least 1 person ripping HBO for having Alvarez vs Hatton on BAD. I like watching Alvarez fight but when Alvarez vs hatton is 1 of the shows we get for boxing, then it is a waste. We only get so many shows on HBO or Showtime.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Dan's love for Golden Boy is pretty obvious, he's said multiple times now that he's looking forward to the Maidana vs Morales PPV, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Weird the picture has changed.

Last edited by Ali on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Ali wrote:Dan's love for Golden Boy is pretty obvious, he's said multiple times now that he's looking forward to the Maidana vs Morales PPV, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Yeah, in a fight that Kieran Mulvaney did a whole podcast weeks ago questioning why in the hell the fight was being made. Fighter past his prime in age and reflexes, at a weight class a couple of divisions north of his glory days, against a young puncher who makes top guys absolutely wilt.

Problem with Dan is always the same!!!! No matter his opinion (like or hate a matchup, back up a network, etc...), he sees only in absolutes!!!!!!

He likes the fight so it is great and if you don't like it you are a moron. I hate absolutes. There are so many things that people can discuss that aren't 100%. Hell, even when someone is wrong, there is usually a small degree of truth to what they are saying.

If he were to say, "I understand why some fans have a problem with this fight, etc.... I still am looking forward to this fight because of (a), (b), (c)." That would be a reasonable response.

Of course Mr. Twinkie is god and if you anger him he is going to go Jabba style and devour you.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm

What's sad is, is he realy the best ESPN can get to cover boxing?

I realy hate ESPN when it comes to boxing. They got a good crew for FNF, but give them peanuts for a budget, and a lard ass blowheart doing coverage of boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Dan's love for Golden Boy is pretty obvious, he's said multiple times now that he's looking forward to the Maidana vs Morales PPV, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Yeah, in a fight that Kieran Mulvaney did a whole podcast weeks ago questioning why in the hell the fight was being made. Fighter past his prime in age and reflexes, at a weight class a couple of divisions north of his glory days, against a young puncher who makes top guys absolutely wilt.

Problem with Dan is always the same!!!! No matter his opinion (like or hate a matchup, back up a network, etc...), he sees only in absolutes!!!!!!

He likes the fight so it is great and if you don't like it you are a moron. I hate absolutes. There are so many things that people can discuss that aren't 100%. Hell, even when someone is wrong, there is usually a small degree of truth to what they are saying.

If he were to say, "I understand why some fans have a problem with this fight, etc.... I still am looking forward to this fight because of (a), (b), (c)." That would be a reasonable response.

Of course Mr. Twinkie is god and if you anger him he is going to go Jabba style and devour you.

+ T1000

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:37 pm

Ali wrote:HBO is Full of Lies Regarding Alvarez-Hatton Live TV Rating  HBO-Sports-Needs-an-Enema

Did you do that Ali? Pretty tight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next