The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why?

+3
powerpuncher
nano212
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Fernando Montiel or Nonito Donaire - who wins?

Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_lcap29%Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_lcap36%Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_lcap0%Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_lcap35%Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 14

Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? Empty Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Big fight Saturday night on HBO, I like Donaire by TKO in this one, simply because I believe he's the better boxer, and his power will be the difference in the fight, who you kats got and why?

February 19
At Las Vegas (HBO): Fernando Montiel vs. Nonito Donaire, 12 rounds, for Montiel's WBO/WBC bantamweight title; Mike Jones vs. Jesus Soto-Karass, rematch, 12 rounds, welterweights; Mark Melligen vs. Gabriel Martinez, 10 rounds.

Back to top Go down

Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? Empty Re: Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Montiel the better fighter
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why? Empty Re: Montiel vs. Donaire who ya got and why?

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm

My heart picks Montiel, but my gut says Donaire will stop him in the middle rounds! I HOPE I am wrong!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 am

i wrote my prediction in another thread but i think that montiel's desire and experience wins it and because donaire will be fighting a level of fighter that he has never been in the ring with before.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 am

im going with montiel within 10 rounds for some of the reasons powerpuncher gave..this is a tough call for sure but one thing im fairly certain of that this will be one heck of a fight..ill be watching it in west palm beach florida when i leave friday for 5 days to visit my son and grandkids.the motels got hbo so horay no live stream for once..this is a potential fight of the year thing..both can win by ko for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 am

Donaire is one of those special fighters who is ready to rise to the next level. Donaire by KO or TKO
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

i think Donaire will make Montiel look very ordinary is this fight. not that i'm questioning Montiel's desire, but i don't think he will have the tools for the job on Saturday night. Donaire will be too big, too quick, too slick, too powerful and he is going to control centre ring. Montiel has a great chance of winning if he can get Donaire to walk onto something big, but i just don't see that happening. instead i see Montiel getting frustrated and walking onto something monstrous, left hook most likely. it will be Donaire whose counter-punching will be superior and he will be so slick that Montiel will have a hard time getting inside and landing which will lead to Montiel's frustration and decision to increase pressure on Donaire which will be his undoing. this fight will be won by Donaire's superior ring generalship and sharper/ more accurate counter-punching. Donaire by TKO 10/11/12

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 am

Really don't know, this fight is a toss up.

I am rooting for Montiel so he can go on to be the first Mexican to win titles in four different weight classes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 am

dmar5143 wrote:im going with montiel within 10 rounds for some of the reasons powerpuncher gave..this is a tough call for sure but one thing im fairly certain of that this will be one heck of a fight..ill be watching it in west palm beach florida when i leave friday for 5 days to visit my son and grandkids.the motels got hbo so horay no live stream for once..this is a potential fight of the year thing..both can win by ko for sure.

A lot of motels have Internet connections now take your laptop if you have one, be high-tech dmar. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 am

lol ..sorry ring i have no laptop...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 am

dbudge[b] wrote:i think Donaire will make Montiel look very ordinary is this fight. not that i'm questioning Montiel's desire, but i don't think he will have the tools for the job on Saturday night. [/b]Donaire will be too big, too quick, too slick, too powerful and he is going to control centre ring. Montiel has a great chance of winning if he can get Donaire to walk onto something big, but i just don't see that happening. instead i see Montiel getting frustrated and walking onto something monstrous, left hook most likely. it will be Donaire whose counter-punching will be superior and he will be so slick that Montiel will have a hard time getting inside and landing which will lead to Montiel's frustration and decision to increase pressure on Donaire which will be his undoing. this fight will be won by Donaire's superior ring generalship and sharper/ more accurate counter-punching. Donaire by TKO 10/11/12

Well said dbudge, Montiel is a great fighter, but I believe Donaire's technical skills, size and power will rule the day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 am

dmar5143 wrote:lol ..sorry ring i have no laptop...

Oh well, where are you going in Florida dmar? I grew up in Central Fla and spent 14 years there before moving to East Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 am

Ring wrote:
dbudge[b] wrote:i think Donaire will make Montiel look very ordinary is this fight. not that i'm questioning Montiel's desire, but i don't think he will have the tools for the job on Saturday night. [/b]Donaire will be too big, too quick, too slick, too powerful and he is going to control centre ring. Montiel has a great chance of winning if he can get Donaire to walk onto something big, but i just don't see that happening. instead i see Montiel getting frustrated and walking onto something monstrous, left hook most likely. it will be Donaire whose counter-punching will be superior and he will be so slick that Montiel will have a hard time getting inside and landing which will lead to Montiel's frustration and decision to increase pressure on Donaire which will be his undoing. this fight will be won by Donaire's superior ring generalship and sharper/ more accurate counter-punching. Donaire by TKO 10/11/12

Well said dbudge, Montiel is a great fighter, but I believe Donaire's technical skills, size and power will rule the day.

this post has the potential to make the pair of us look like fools. i'm glad i've got somebody to share the "potential" crow with

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:31 am

west palm beach ring..i lived there for 25 years before moving to charlotte nc 5 n half years ago..i miss south floridas winters and ocean.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am

this post has the potential to make the pair of us look like fools. i'm glad i've got somebody to share the "potential" crow with

Naaah, no crow for me, if we're wrong, we're wrong, it sure as fuck won't be the first time. I can't see Montiel beating Donaire, but Fernando may have Donaire's number, you just never really know.

Hell, I thought Joe Frazier would kick George Foreman's ass in their first fight, shows how much my expert predictions are worth. Suspect

Last edited by Ring on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

dmar5143 wrote:west palm beach ring..i lived there for 25 years before moving to charlotte nc 5 n half years ago..i miss south floridas winters and ocean.

You must be rich dmar, West Palm Beach is where all the millionaires used to live in Florida. Razz
I spent most of my time in Florida south of West Palm near Daytona, Titusville, and Cocoa Beach, and I lived in Tampa for a few years, I loved the fishing there, it was a fun place to grow up, from 1962-1977.

I've been to Charlotte a time or 2, it's a nice town, not a bad place to live.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:33 pm

lol ring i sure wish i was rich..yes the multi millionares and billioners still live in palm beach..west palm is across the bridge from palm beach..were 195 miles south of daytona.35 miles north of lauderdale.palm beach has homes that go up to 100 million or more dollars..west palm is a mile away but worlds appart..us regular folks live in west palm but i confess i attended a half dozen parties in palm beach only because i supllied the singers and entertainment for the party..the standard car in palm beach is a bently or a rolls in west palm its a ford or toyota..lol i drive a paid for 2007 ford..lol...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol ring i sure wish i was rich..yes the multi millionares and billioners still live in palm beach..west palm is across the bridge from palm beach..were 195 miles south of daytona.35 miles north of lauderdale.palm beach has homes that go up to 100 million or more dollars..west palm is a mile away but worlds appart..us regular folks live in west palm but i confess i attended a half dozen parties in palm beach only because i supllied the singers and entertainment for the party..the standard car in palm beach is a bently or a rolls in west palm its a ford or toyota..lol i drive a paid for 2007 ford..lol...

I went back to my old stomping grounds in Florida and spent a year there working in 1990, and I couldn't get back to Texas quick enough. When I was growing up there it felt like home, now it just seems like a place for tourists to visit, I hated it there when I went back '90.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Humm.. 8 votes for Montiel to win by decision or KO/TKO, and only 5 votes for Donaire by KO/TKO.

So the majority here believe Montiel wins tonight, we shall see. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

dmar5143 wrote:west palm beach ring..i lived there for 25 years before moving to charlotte nc 5 n half years ago..i miss south floridas winters and ocean.
I'm only 2 hours north of WPB...c'mon up & we'll watch it!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 am

dbudge wrote:i think Donaire will make Montiel look very ordinary is this fight. not that i'm questioning Montiel's desire, but i don't think he will have the tools for the job on Saturday night. Donaire will be too big, too quick, too slick, too powerful and he is going to control centre ring. Montiel has a great chance of winning if he can get Donaire to walk onto something big, but i just don't see that happening. instead i see Montiel getting frustrated and walking onto something monstrous, left hook most likely. it will be Donaire whose counter-punching will be superior and he will be so slick that Montiel will have a hard time getting inside and landing which will lead to Montiel's frustration and decision to increase pressure on Donaire which will be his undoing. this fight will be won by Donaire's superior ring generalship and sharper/ more accurate counter-punching. Donaire by TKO 10/11/12

i love the smell of Napalm in the morning............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
..geez i just got back..i would of watched it with you..i was not suprized that donaire won by ko.i expected the figfht to end that way by either fighter.what i was shocked by was a one punch ko..after the first round i said to my son if montiel doesnt lossen up hell be out of there in 3 or 4 rounds.i expected a pounding by donaire who was lose and fluid..great win..i guessed wrong on that one..and it was a guess lol..

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 pm

dbudge wrote:
dbudge wrote:i think Donaire will make Montiel look very ordinary is this fight. not that i'm questioning Montiel's desire, but i don't think he will have the tools for the job on Saturday night. Donaire will be too big, too quick, too slick, too powerful and he is going to control centre ring. Montiel has a great chance of winning if he can get Donaire to walk onto something big, but i just don't see that happening. instead i see Montiel getting frustrated and walking onto something monstrous, left hook most likely. it will be Donaire whose counter-punching will be superior and he will be so slick that Montiel will have a hard time getting inside and landing which will lead to Montiel's frustration and decision to increase pressure on Donaire which will be his undoing. this fight will be won by Donaire's superior ring generalship and sharper/ more accurate counter-punching. Donaire by TKO 10/11/12

i love the smell of Napalm in the morning............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great call.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
..geez i just got back..i would of watched it with you..i was not suprized that donaire won by ko.i expected the figfht to end that way by either fighter.what i was shocked by was a one punch ko..after the first round i said to my son if montiel doesnt lossen up hell be out of there in 3 or 4 rounds.i expected a pounding by donaire who was lose and fluid..great win..i guessed wrong on that one..and it was a guess lol..

I noticed the same thing, Montiel looked tight as a drum during the fight. You sometimes just never know how 2 guys are going to match up in the ring, or in Donaire's case how good he really was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down