The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik

3 posters

Go down

HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik Empty HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:27 am

BoxingScene.com was advised that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (42-0, 30KOs) will likely challenge WBC middleweight champion Sebastian Zbik (30-0, 10KOs) on June 11. Both networks, HBO and Showtime, are interested in picking up the fight. I hear Cancun is being explored as a possible site because both networks are willing to go there.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-vs-zbik-clash-likely-heading-june--35886

Let me get this right, HBO would show Jr vs Zbik but not Martinez vs Zbik No such bullshit.

Back to top Go down

HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik Empty Re: HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik

Post  Norm1023 Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:25 am

If I were Showtime I'd let HBO have it.

Showtime is on a roll by showing quality fighters and fights and this doesn't fit into that pattern. Maybe as a Shobox fight but not a SCB fight.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik Empty Re: HBO and Showtime interested in Chavez Jr vs Sebastian Zbik

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:30 am

Could be Showtime wanting to keep Bob happy and ensure Manny returns to the network.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 am

Ali wrote:Could be Showtime wanting to keep Bob happy and ensure Manny returns to the network.

They should keep Bob happy by having it on CBS on a Saturday afternoon.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Norm1023 wrote:
Ali wrote:Could be Showtime wanting to keep Bob happy and ensure Manny returns to the network.

They should keep Bob happy by having it on CBS on a Saturday afternoon.
..it has nothing to do with keeping bob happy..chavez is a marketable name but maybe not a credible fighter..yet ..hes popular and thats the reason for the deal..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Ali wrote:BoxingScene.com was advised that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (42-0, 30KOs) will likely challenge WBC middleweight champion Sebastian Zbik (30-0, 10KOs) on June 11. Both networks, HBO and Showtime, are interested in picking up the fight. I hear Cancun is being explored as a possible site because both networks are willing to go there.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-vs-zbik-clash-likely-heading-june--35886

Let me get this right, HBO would show Jr vs Zbik but not Martinez vs Zbik No such bullshit.

Both networks saw the big ratings Chumpez did in his last fight, they want in on that

I agree Norm, let HBO over pay for it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I know everyone hates him for it but Chavez is the quintessential example of boxing being a business instead of a sport. He in all likelihood is never going to win a lineal title but is a huge draw. If only the best were put on, he would never make it.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down