The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind

+6
dbudge
kbyte
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
gomez1012
shakefree
10 posters

Go down

early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind Empty early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:07 pm

now he has survived the fight with an'atg"pascal will not only end the career of b-hop but do it emphatically.the legend is just(old)flesh & blood.youth will be served

shakefree

Back to top Go down

early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind Empty Re: early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 am

im hoping for the same thing

Jean by KO!!!!!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind Empty Re: early prediction or i'm hanging my ass out in the wind

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 am

I was thinking the same thing. Pascal lost that fight more then Hops won it. He left off the gas and went into Ghandi Mode.

I don't think he will do the same in the rematch. I expect him to let up at all
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 am

Pascal cant fight at a high enough pace to finish off BHOP or even win easily. The guy has stamina issues. I expect BHOP to weather the storm early and beat him 7-5.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:23 am

Hops got stamina issues too with his age. He has to dictate the pace. When Pascal was dictating the pace early on, Hops looked his age. When let off, he let Hops off the hook and dictate the pace.

I think Pascal will go at this time to convincingly win most of the rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts Hops on the deck a few times as well like before.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 am

GrantZilla wrote:Hops got stamina issues too with his age. He has to dictate the pace. When Pascal was dictating the pace early on, Hops looked his age. When let off, he let Hops off the hook and dictate the pace.

I think Pascal will go at this time to convincingly win most of the rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts Hops on the deck a few times as well like before.
See I think Pascal didnt let off he ran out of gas. I have never seen a fighter like him before. He has ran out of gas in his last two fights and I think the same thing will happen. We really need Tavoris Cloud to KO all these guys and become the star I think he will be.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, Pascal might be Taylor 2.0 as far as stamina issues.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:30 am

I hope Hopkins wins. It would mean a lot more than Pascal winning.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:15 am

Hopkins is just too crafty and experienced for Pascal, he'll secure a decision unless he drastically ages over night.

But I would love to be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:54 am

shakefree wrote:now he has survived the fight with an'atg"pascal will not only end the career of b-hop but do it emphatically.the legend is just(old)flesh & blood.youth will be served

That would be great if Pascal could do it, and if he turns it up a notch like he did against Chad Dawson he could do it. However, aside from the 2 flash knock downs in Hop-Pascal I, Jean was pretty much dominated by Hop, I don't see any reason to believe he'll do any better in the rematch. Question

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:Hops got stamina issues too with his age. He has to dictate the pace. When Pascal was dictating the pace early on, Hops looked his age. When let off, he let Hops off the hook and dictate the pace.

i agree with this statement. But Pascal has shown in all his big fights then he can't sustain the pressure over the 12 round distance. against Froch, Pascal was highly competitive up until the 6th but then he slowed down and Froch dictated the pace of the fight. Pascal's wild attacks rely on him being able to be faster with his attacks than his opponent. once he gets tired he loses the reflexes to do that. He did it against Dawson and got lucky, he did it against Hopkins and got lucky. i don't see that Pacal has the capability to change this flaw. the only thing that might work in Pascal's advantage is that Hopkins had to work super-hard to get the draw in that fight, i wonder how much that it has taken out of the old man. considering he was down twice from legitimate knockdowns and we never see Hopkins having to pick himself up. i really think Hopkins let it all hang out in his last performance as if he knew in his head this was his last chance of becoming an undisputed champion again. i don't think a Pascal rematch was even in Hopkins thoughts beforehand because he wouldn't have to go there.. Anyway, Joe Calzaghe made Hopkins work for 3 minutes of every round and we all saw how much Hopkins didn't like it. he couldn't keep up with the pace and had to resort to his crafty tactics.... i don't think Pascal will be able to do this though

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, Pascal might be Taylor 2.0 as far as stamina issues.

And yet Jermaine is 2-0 against B-Hop......hmmmmm.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm not ready to predict Pascal will do anything I haven't seen him do. One of the weirdest contests I've ever witnessed was his fight against Chad Dawson. Chad had him out late and just backed away from him. I don't know that Pascal would beat Glen Johnson, Tavoris Cloud, or any other credible LH. I just have to see more of him. So far, I'm not impressed.

Bernard Hopkins, asshole that he is, shows intelligence in choosing his opponents. I'm leaning towards Bernard because (a) Bernard has taken the fight. He doesn't take fights he can't win. (b) Pascal is overrated at this point in his career. If he gets into a war of attrition against Hopkins, he'll lose. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

+1

And dont forget, he scored two legit knockdowns of Hopkins

I think Atlas was right when he told Pascal on FNFs that he went into a prevent defense thinking he had it locked up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

+1

And dont forget, he scored two legit knockdowns of Hopkins

I think Atlas was right when he told Pascal on FNFs that he went into a prevent defense thinking he had it locked up
I thought it was only one legit knockdown. One looked to be a punch behind the head and should have been scored that way. But I am just nitpicking. Probably because I am bored.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:58 pm

I think Pascal beats Hopkins up in the next fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't think Pascal has a chance unless BHop ages before the fight. Pascal has stamina issues and BHop knows what works against him and to be more careful at the beginning of the fight. Honestly if BHop shows up as capable as the first fight, I think he wins 10-2 or 9-3. I just don't know when BHop's deal with the devil to delay Father Time runs out.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down