The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ?

5 posters

Go down

How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ? Empty How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ?

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:03 am

Say this person fought all the good and great guys in his division or near his division at the time, how different do you think his record would look like ?

I'll give you an example, say Joe Calzaghe faced

Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Felix Trinidad, Sven Ottke, Steve Collins, prime Roy Jones, Kelly Pavlik, Jermain Taylor, Chad Dawson, Lucian Bute, Anthony Mudine and Clinton Woods.

Or if Floyd Mayweather faced

Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams, Andre Berto, Antonio Margarito, Kosta Tszyu, Paul Spadafora, Joel Casamayor, Manny Pacquiao, Joshua Clottey and Kermit Cintron.

Back to top Go down

How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ? Empty Re: How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ?

Post  Frank Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 am

Ali wrote:Say this person fought all the good and great guys in his division or near his division at the time, how different do you think his record would look like ?

I'll give you an example, say Joe Calzaghe faced

Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Felix Trinidad, Sven Ottke, Steve Collins, prime Roy Jones, Kelly Pavlik, Jermain Taylor, Chad Dawson, Lucian Bute, Anthony Mudine and Clinton Woods.

Or if Floyd Mayweather faced

Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams, Andre Berto, Antonio Margarito, Kosta Tszyu, Paul Spadafora, Joel Casamayor, Manny Pacquiao, Joshua Clottey and Kermit Cintron.
I think both fighters in question would've beaten most if not all of these fighters, with the exception of Mayweather getting defeated by Pac. Paul William's physical advantages may've cost MW some problems but he's (Floyd) just a better fighter than Williams. Pac is the only major threat to him on this list. MW would've beaten Cotto to the punch all night.

A prime Roy was too fast for all the fighters mentioned. Of course Glen Johnson has so much heart and determination, he would've pushed Roy to the brink during any part of his career. (My opinion.)

Question: Are there any fighters from the 80s or even early 90s that left these many questions for their fans to wonder about? Hagler fought everyone. So did Leonard. (He waited until Hagler got old? No, I think he waited until he found a chink in Hagler's armor.) Leonard defeated Duran, Hearns, Hagler and Benitez. All HOF fighters.

Frank

Back to top Go down

How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ? Empty Re: How would (insert name here) record look like if they fought everyone ?

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 am

PW's size and activity may have been a perfect antidote for Floyd. Margarito may have caught and put a hurting on his narrow ass. Miguel Cotto was a different fighter before Margarito hurt him. That would have been a good fight. Spadafora beat him up in sparring (rumor). Cintron has a big right hand, if it landed he could dent Floyd.

We will never know.

He could have fought alot of these guys. He chose not to.

Floyd preferred to hop through 140 without facing Tszyu.
Floyd preferred to let PW, Cotto, Margarito, Cintron, and Clottey spend time facing each other, rather than fight them. He didn't face a single one of those guys. that is so telling.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:16 am

Floyd would probably have a couple of losses and Slappy probably have a few himself. They were talented and top of there class, but it boxing. You fight the best over and over again, you'll end up losing. Floyd had the best managed career ever! Slappy just didnt come out and fight the best till everyone got old, including himself.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 am

I think fighters like Floyd, Joe C, hamed, Tito, Tyson are all the same. one loss ruins them and they never truly mentally recover from being defeated
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 am

jz_hova wrote:I think fighters like Floyd, Joe C, hamed, Tito, Tyson are all the same. one loss ruins them and they never truly mentally recover from being defeated

Nah I think Joe would've have recovered fine, he's not got mental issues like others. Flod I am not so sure, if that Castillo decision went the right way do you really think he'd be ruined ?

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:32 am

Ali wrote:
jz_hova wrote:I think fighters like Floyd, Joe C, hamed, Tito, Tyson are all the same. one loss ruins them and they never truly mentally recover from being defeated

Nah I think Joe would've have recovered fine, he's not got mental issues like others. Flod I am not so sure, if that Castillo decision went the right way do you really think he'd be ruined ?

I should say it's more of the way the lose. If Floyd loses the Jeff lacy way just get his ass beat then I don't think he recovers. but if it is close decision like the Castillo fight as early in his career as that was then he would recover. but honestly that was the fight that changed the floyd mayweather that was going to be the greatest ever to the low risk high reward Floyd we know today
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Mike Tyson.

1. Actual fight: Holyfield KO11 Mike Tyson

2. Opinion: Holyfield KO10 Mike Tyson (If Tyson didn't bite.)

3. Opinion: Foreman KO2 Mike Tyson

4. Opinion: Riddick Bowe KO11 Mike Tyson

5. Actual fight. Lennox Lewis KO8 Mike Tyson. (It's my opinion that this may've happened quicker in Mike's prime.)

Also, please note that Evander took on every fighter mentioned.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 pm

If Floyd Mayweather had fought everyone that people wanted him to fight then I think he would have...........0 losses. Yes, and thats why its so disappointing that he didn't fight everyone.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 am

I should have included Roy Jones, there's alot of fights he avoided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down