The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz

4 posters

Go down

Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz Empty Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:26 am

A rep for former three-division champion Erik Morales (51-6, 35KOs) has told members of the Mexican press that a deal was reached to fight hard-hitting junior welterweight contender Marcos Maidana (29-2, 27KOs) on April 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Golden Boy Promotions is handling the card. The fight came about after Juan Manuel Marquez took a pass on fighting Morales in order to concentrate on sorting out his promotional situation with Golden Boy Promotions.

Morales was quoted on the subject as saying - "it's an honor for me to return to Las Vegas ... and what better way to do it than by facing a formidable opponent such as Marcos Maidana."

In other news, reports in Argentina have published quotes that came from Maidana's personal twitter account, in which the fighter annouces that he's going to use a new trainer for the fight on April 9. Maidana has parted ways with veteran trainer Miguel Diaz. He does not reveal at the moment who the next trainer will be. He expects to retain one in the next few days.

"I want to announce that after one and a half years of working of with him, I'll no longer have to Miguel Diaz as chief trainer. We had a great time working together for that period and I've learned some valuable things from him. We thought that we needed to make a change so Miguel and I parted ways on amicable terms of course. You will learn who my next trainer will be in the next few days," Maidana said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/maidana-morales-done-says-erik-chino-fires-miguel-diaz--35797

Chino and Cyclops !!!

Back to top Go down

Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz Empty Re: Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Sarmiento would be the way to go

He'd have a all 3 Argentinos - Martinez, Matthysse, and Maidana
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz Empty Re: Marcos Maidana splits with Miguel Diaz

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Sarmiento would be the way to go

The trifecta of Evil. Or the Unholy Trinity.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Sarmiento would be the way to go

The trifecta of Evil. Or the Unholy Trinity.

The AWO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

cyclops is the man.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:27 pm

No hope of ever seeing Maidana vs Mathysse then though.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 am

kbyte wrote:No hope of ever seeing Maidana vs Mathysse then though.

I don't think it will ever really happen, they seem to be good friends.

Maidana + Cyclops makes so much sense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down