The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV

+2
gomez1012
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV Empty Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:07 pm

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=257790&cat=boxer

Boxrec already has it listed as Maidana's next fight. This would be awesome. I would love to watch Morales get his face beat in.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV Empty Re: Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:09 pm

looks like its going to happen

its on PPV
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV Empty Re: Marcos Maidana vs Erik Morales set for April 9th on PPV

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm

and its confirmed

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/35746904243441665

On phone with Richard Schaefer. Deal done for 4/9 PPV. Main event: Erik Morales vs. Marcos Maidana at 140. HBO PPV.

Fuck you GBP
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:and its confirmed

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/35746904243441665

On phone with Richard Schaefer. Deal done for 4/9 PPV. Main event: Erik Morales vs. Marcos Maidana at 140. HBO PPV.

Fuck you GBP
Morales has a death wish. This will be a one sided beating.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Sure will

Katsidis vs Guerrero
Kirkland vs TBA

on the PPV under card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Of course it is done, as Morales has a freaking death wish. Adios Senior Morales.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:31 pm

What round does Maidana murder Morales? I say round 4 Morales goes to sleep and hopefully never sets foot in another ring again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:What round does Maidana murder Morales? I say round 4 Morales goes to sleep and hopefully never sets foot in another ring again.

Under 8
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

I am surprised at this fight, you'd think Golden Boy would go after the Devon Alexander fight which would be on HBO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 am

I read in the ESPN article there's going to be a one hour preview show on the channel before the card, I take it this will be similar to what the UFC do with pre-lims ?

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Ali wrote:I read in the ESPN article there's going to be a one hour preview show on the channel before the card, I take it this will be similar to what the UFC do with pre-lims ?

Some crap GBP produces most likely, show the off tv fights, not a bunch of pro GBP media sucking them off
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Ali wrote:I am surprised at this fight, you'd think Golden Boy would go after the Devon Alexander fight which would be on HBO.

but why would Maidana risk a loss if he can make the same purse against Morales for a less risky fight?

also- I doubt alexander would be ready for the april date. Maidana probably thinks he'll take care of Morales, get paid, and fight Alexander in the summer on HBO.

Last edited by Canvas on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:I am surprised at this fight, you'd think Golden Boy would go after the Devon Alexander fight which would be on HBO.

but why would Maidana risk a loss if he can make the same purse against Morales for a less risky fight?

More meaningful fight for the division, if Maidana impresses against Alexander HBO would be more inclined to show interest in a Bradley fight or a rematch with khan.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't see why Alexander can't fight the Maidana/Morales winner in July.

The way Alexander was crying in agony and claiming blindness due to his cut - you would think he would not be ready to fight before July.....unless of course he was just looking for an easy excuse to quit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Canvas wrote:I don't see why Alexander can't fight the Maidana/Morales winner in July.

The way Alexander was crying in agony and claiming blindness due to his cut - you would think he would not be ready to fight before July.....unless of course he was just looking for an easy excuse to quit.

You gotta strike while the iron is hot, Maidana vs Alexander makes sense now but the dude with the ridiculous mullet wants to feast on a faded star next.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 am

Great card. Winky is supposed to be fighting on this as well. I will be purchasing this PPV.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 am

shdavistx wrote:Great card. Winky is supposed to be fighting on this as well. I will be purchasing this PPV.
SHHH we are trying to keep that part a secret so marble will watch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 am

lets put the blame where it belongs for this fight..marquez since he let everyone on that he will fight morales then said no at the last minute..morales went after maidana and maidana said yes..alexander was not in the picture at all here ..if alexanders cut needed 5 weeks to heal before sparing his handlers must of felt the 5 weeks left for training is short time for any big fight..
maidanas staying active and if he wins will look for alexander or another decent fighter then the winner of bradley-kahn..
kahn and bradley want that fight and so does everyone else so untill either that fight happens or falls apart maidana is in the wings where he belongs..a kahn win over bradley makes the maidana rematch more desireable then a bradley fight with maidana..
i would like to see alexander in the ring soon against a decent fighter but maybe his folks are foolishly trying to force a rematch with bradley based on a so called rematch clause that first hbo has to approve or theres no rematch per dan rafeal..
maidanas doing the right thing..so are his handlers..morales is looking for one last hurrah..hes earned that right to go down to defeat one last time..
overall its not a bad card either..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:58 am

according to dan r hbo was interested in possibly making alexander-maidana fight in june or july to satisfy there contract with alexander who has one fight left on it..why does maidana fighting morales in april on the ninth interfere with a july fight with alexander..thats 3 dam months.there trying for matthyse for that date which is almost as good of a fight but july again is perpetuating this junk of fighting once every 6 months.get alexander in the ring sooner for a fight then the july date for him on hbo..heaven forbid to ask a fighter to actualy fight..gee 4 times a year is NOT a heavy schudle..both arum and king and others have said fighters the top ones need more fights for the game to improve..well don put aleander in the ring in st louis in the middle of april against a top 15 type of guy..get the dam ball rolling.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 am

dmar5143 wrote:according to dan r hbo was interested in possibly making alexander-maidana fight in june or july to satisfy there contract with alexander who has one fight left on it..why does maidana fighting morales in april on the ninth interfere with a july fight with alexander..thats 3 dam months.there trying for matthyse for that date which is almost as good of a fight but july again is perpetuating this junk of fighting once every 6 months.get alexander in the ring sooner for a fight then the july date for him on hbo..heaven forbid to ask a fighter to actualy fight..gee 4 times a year is NOT a heavy schudle..both arum and king and others have said fighters the top ones need more fights for the game to improve..well don put aleander in the ring in st louis in the middle of april against a top 15 type of guy..get the dam ball rolling.

The only time I advocate a fighter taking a long time in between fights is when he took a beating. Alexander didn't by any measure so he needs to get his punk ass back in the ring as soon as he safely can.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:28 pm

if this fight happens,all boxing fans cop a kick in the teeth.if,god forbids,morales wins,it decries the state of boxing today.yes.morales is a hof er but not now,not at this weight.if maidana does as he should & wins by definitive decision,big deal!draw.split or close decision either way no winners.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm happy that Maidana will be able to send Morales into retirement and open the doors for some new blood.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down