The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids

2 posters

Go down

DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids Empty DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Hayemaker promotions put in a winning bid of £400k, against Frank Warren, for two of Britain's hottest prospects to fight for DeGale's British title and Groves' Commonwealth title. the fight will have to happen before the end of April. Groves and DeGale have been bitter rivals for a while now. whilst George actually enjoyed better success as an amateur fighter, actually beating DeGale in that time, DeGale has overtaken him in his rise to fame by winning an Olympic Gold medal. DeGale and Groves both won their first professional title's in their 9th paid fight. these two guys really hate eachother and this fight has just been a matter of time before the contracts get signed. both fighters have great potential, but it seems as if DeGale has developed into the better professional thus far. either way it's a great fight between two undefeated and talented London based fighters and i'd be surprised if this fight happens anywhere other than under these grey skies. it should be a scorcher and i can't wait!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids Empty Re: DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

going to have to keep waiting if this true

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/73056.html

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids Empty Re: DeGale vs Groves, Hayemaker win purse bids

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:going to have to keep waiting if this true

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/73056.html

ESPN have totally got their story wrong. Groves was set to face somebody completely different on Saturday night. the purse bid deadline was set for a DeGale vs Groves fight for sometime as Groves is number 1 to DeGale's British title. i was expecting Booth to forfeit Groves' position as number 1 but looks like they are going to go ahead with it. the purse bids have happened, Hayemaker (Groves' promoter) put in the highest bid so this fight is definitely going to happen. let's just say that Groves' injury has been coincedental with the timing of these purse bids. kind of like Haye's back injury was when Setanta went bust

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 am

I have a feeling it won't happen, there's been rumors about DeGale being rushed into a title shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Ali wrote:I have a feeling it won't happen, there's been rumors about DeGale being rushed into a title shot.

that's what Ive read, Sartison (sp)
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down