The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE YEAR END FIGHTS

3 posters

Go down

THE YEAR END FIGHTS Empty THE YEAR END FIGHTS

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:47 pm

pavik wlad manny JMM and others are fighting before years end kahn also i think...does anyone see a upset anywhere in these or other big fights not mentioned.

Back to top Go down

THE YEAR END FIGHTS Empty Re: THE YEAR END FIGHTS

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I may be smoking crack but I STILL think Margo is dangerous as hell for Manny.

It's a perfect set-up but I just don't think even an inspired Katsidis can handle a Walcott-like JMM.

I think Rafael Marquez is a live dog against JML but he goes out in the middle rounds.

I can see Allen Green coming back hard and beating a fading Glencoffe Johnson

I think Zab Judah has a mini-surge and beats Lucas Mathysse

I'm picking Harrison over 13 just because I think it'd be funny

Is Abraham over Froch an upset?

How about Ray Austin over the "Cuban Dan Rafael" Odlanier Solis?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:18 pm

i dont do drugs but i think also margo gives pac hell..id love to see harriston over haye BUT.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I may be smoking crack but I STILL think Margo is dangerous as hell for Manny.

It's a perfect set-up but I just don't think even an inspired Katsidis can handle a Walcott-like JMM.

I think Rafael Marquez is a live dog against JML but he goes out in the middle rounds.

Agreed on Marquez. The fight will be competitive, but marquez's punches are too sharp for katisidis.
Agreed on Margarito. he is a big strong hombre. The uppercuts (2-3) landed by Clottey, lifted Pac's feet up off the damn canvas. If Margarito can land his left uppercut he may cut Pac. Margarito also will go for the body and hit anything he can. Manny better not be prideful and stand in like he did versus Cotto and clottey.

Haye wins over Harrison. I wish it wasn't true, and I hope I'm wrong.
Solis could lose to Austin. I hope he does as he looks like jabba the hut.
The Road Warrior's body is going quick. He rehydrated to 192 or 193 for the Cloud fight (his body looked softer). he struggled to make 175. How does he make 168 safely and without his body being totallly flat on fight night? I don't think he can and I take Green as Johnson just won't have anything.

Rafa vs JML- I'm withholding my opinion as my head and heart are still arguing
Abraham vs Froch- I want to watch the last 2 fights for each before making a final prediction. I am leaning towards Froch at this time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:33 pm

captain good point on the green-johnson fight.i forgot its at 168...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I may be smoking crack but I STILL think Margo is dangerous as hell for Manny.

Agreed on Marquez. The fight will be competitive, but marquez's punches are too sharp for katisidis.
Agreed on Margarito. he is a big strong hombre. The uppercuts (2-3) landed by Clottey, lifted Pac's feet up off the damn canvas. If Margarito can land his left uppercut he may cut Pac. Margarito also will go for the body and hit anything he can. Manny better not be prideful and stand in like he did versus Cotto and clottey.

Haye wins over Harrison. I wish it wasn't true, and I hope I'm wrong.
Solis could lose to Austin. I hope he does as he looks like jabba the hut.
The Road Warrior's body is going quick. He rehydrated to 192 or 193 for the Cloud fight (his body looked softer). he struggled to make 175. How does he make 168 safely and without his body being totallly flat on fight night? I don't think he can and I take Green as Johnson just won't have anything.

Rafa vs JML- I'm withholding my opinion as my head and heart are still arguingAbraham vs Froch- I want to watch the last 2 fights for each before making a final prediction. I am leaning towards Froch at this time.

If a top youngun like JML CAN'T take a 35 year old, at least somewhat faded Raffy fighting at 126? I am giving up on the younguns entirely

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 am

Rafael marquez could be very faded for all we know. Only guy he has fought in 3 plus years of any note is Vazquez and both of them could have faded a ton. We know about Vazquez for sure. We'll find out about Marquez in a bit.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am

with raffy very soon that night will hit him where he has litterly nothing.hes somewhere between particaly fadded to more then that but im not sure just where..sometimes a excellent fighter does turn back the clock for that one more top performance..raffy against high level fighters i dont think will.he may be one fight away from saying its over..yep we will find out soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 am

I'd hate to see Johnson lose to Green, but he has no business trying to get back to 168 at this age, and he won't have much in that fight.

Katsidis is in trouble there I agree, but I really like the guys' heart and hope he does well.

Zab is a very dangerous guy, I think he has a real shot against nearly anyone if he's focused.

Haye is beating Harrison, but who cares?

Tough call on the Abraham / Froch fight, can't really call either one an "upset".

Can't see Austin beating Solis.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Tobe wrote:

I'd hate to see Johnson lose to Green, but he has no business trying to get back to 168 at this age, and he won't have much in that fight.

Katsidis is in trouble there I agree, but I really like the guys' heart and hope he does well.

Zab is a very dangerous guy, I think he has a real shot against nearly anyone if he's focused.

Haye is beating Harrison, but who cares?

Tough call on the Abraham / Froch fight, can't really call either one an "upset".

Can't see Austin beating Solis.

That one is a "desire for boxing karma" pick.

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:35 pm

• Pac overwhelms Margo
  • Green looks good against Johnson
  • Juanma blows out Raffa in under 5
  • Katsidis beats JMM in an epic fight
  • Zab puts his name in the 140 discussion
  • Froch stops Abe late
  • Sergio beats Williams decisively
  • Ward puts on a clinch against Bika and fighting on the outside
  • BHop gets retired