The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont forget SHOBOX is on tonight.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dont forget SHOBOX is on tonight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dont forget SHOBOX is on tonight.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:98-92, 97-93, and 95-94. Those judges need to be investigated.

I don't believe even Freddie Roach is going to be able to turn Kayode into a world beater, but who knows, Roach is a great trainer.

No he is really for a fighter kinda nonathletic in a lot of ways. He can punch hard but he really doesnt use his hips very well. I really dont know how he hits that hard punching like he does.

I don't know if uncoordinated is the right word, but Kayode doesn't seem very fluid, and like I said, his boxing technique is horrible.

Back to top Go down

Dont forget SHOBOX is on tonight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dont forget SHOBOX is on tonight.

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:11 am

GrantZilla wrote:Just shows you, you can have 400 AM fights, don't mean jackshit in the pros
He has a shit ton of power but something is just not right with him. I can only say he is just a stiff.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:12 am

Now just throwing slaps and shoe shinning like all these AM fighters do
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 am

What is going on tonight? Hatley looks like shit and draws with Chatman. Mora lost. Kayode lost but gets the decision and now Franco looks like crap right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am

Franco sucks. Another Ivan Calderon type fighter
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:21 am

GrantZilla wrote:Franco sucks. Another Ivan Calderon type fighter
He is that type of fighter but he might have more power than Calderon. He is looking a lot better right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 am

Franco is going to lose this fight. Being the favorite tonight is a disaster.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 am

Franco's main problem is his lack of punching power.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 am

Ring wrote:Franco's main problem is his lack of punching power.

Why AM boxing has ruined new age fighters. This guy got 400 AM fights and he doesn't even know how to do something basic like turn his punches over or leverage his shots. All he's doing is what all these AM fighters do, throw a bunch of slaps
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:32 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Why AM boxing has ruined new age fighters. This guy got 400 AM fights and he doesn't even know how to do something basic like turn his punches over or leverage his shots. All he's doing is what all these AM fighters do, throw a bunch of slaps
They just made a great point that he has only been fighting professionally for a year and he will develop the power as he learns to change his style to adjust to the pros.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Right, and it makes for boring fucking fights that aren't worth watching. I hope this Mexican Miranda knocks him out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 am

Miranda should win, but the way it's been going tonight they'll probably give it to Franco or call it a draw..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

Ring wrote:Miranda should win, but the way it's been going tonight they'll probably give it to Franco or call it a draw..
Yep Franco won.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

Franco wins a SD, figures.. g'night gents

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 am

All judges tonight should get a electric cattle prod shoved up their ass
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am

didn't feel that great last night so I bailed after FNF. Watching the Kayode fight and I'm in round 10, how did he win? How did he win by such wide scores? The judges appeared to have filled out their scorecard before the fight began.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 am

captainanddew wrote:didn't feel that great last night so I bailed after FNF. Watching the Kayode fight and I'm in round 10, how did he win? How did he win by such wide scores? The judges appeared to have filled out their scorecard before the fight began.

Kayode did somewhat better in the last half of the fight then he did the first part. I could see Kayode winning a close decision, like 95-94, but the other 2 score cards, 98-92, 97-93, were ridiculous.

Kayode has raw power, but little else, I believe Freddie Roach is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:All judges tonight should get a electric cattle prod shoved up their ass

+1

Ianuzzi and Miranda should of got the nod, both fighters showed these prospects what it takes to compete at the next level

Kayode was full of himself and got rocked a couple times, couldnt cut off the ring at all

Miranda just ripped Franco all night, he should of had a knockdown in his favor but the ref blew the call
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Just saw both fights and was disappointed. Kayode's a robot and Franco's a dancer. If Kayode learns to keep his guard up and be active he'll be okay because he's strong, but there's way too much talent at featherweight for Franco to have any room.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2