The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of you just love your job?

+2
boxinglawyer
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Do any of you just love your job? Empty Do any of you just love your job?

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 am

Does anyone just love their job? I love my job (eventhough it can be the most frustrating and stress filled job at times). I have had several jobs in the past that I hated and I was a miserable person because of it. I woke up every morning pissed off and hated life. Anyone had that feeling?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do any of you just love your job? Empty Re: Do any of you just love your job?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Does anyone just love their job? I love my job (eventhough it can be the most frustrating and stress filled job at times). I have had several jobs in the past that I hated and I was a miserable person because of it. I woke up every morning pissed off and hated life. Anyone had that feeling?

I was making seven figures when that feeling began to occur too regularly. I quit when I decided that there simply is no number that makes that feeling bearable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:37 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Does anyone just love their job? I love my job (eventhough it can be the most frustrating and stress filled job at times). I have had several jobs in the past that I hated and I was a miserable person because of it. I woke up every morning pissed off and hated life. Anyone had that feeling?

I was making seven figures when that feeling began to occur too regularly. I quit when I decided that there simply is no number that makes that feeling bearable.
UGH that is the worst feeling on the earth. I only wish that feeling on Wolf. But I know that dead beat doesnt work. LOL

Yeah I was a manager of a grocery store for 6 years. I hated every second of it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I just noticed that. HOLY SHIT. I have never even made over 40,000 a year yet. Getting close though. LOL Damn teachers in this state are underpaid.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I've owned an Insurance Agency for the last 32 years, there's been times when I loved it, especially the relative amount of freedom i've enjoyed, and the money i've been able to make. Like nearly all jobs, however, it has a few headaches, like some of folks you have to deal with, and keeping the business running smoothly. It's kind of like that Joe Walsh song: "Life's been good so far". (I shouldn't complain but I still do)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Ring wrote:I've owned an Insurance Agency for the last 32 years, there's been times when I loved it, especially the relative amount of freedom i've enjoyed, and the money i've been able to make. Like nearly all jobs, however, it has a few headaches, like some of folks you have to deal with, and keeping the business running smoothly. It's kind of like that Joe Walsh song: "Life's been good so far". (I shouldn't complain but I still do)

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Life's been good to me so far, hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

UGH that is the worst feeling on the earth. I only wish that feeling on Wolf. But I know that dead beat doesnt work. LOL

Yeah I was a manager of a grocery store for 6 years. I hated every second of it.

I did that same job and for much longer. There are no words for how much I hated it. Dealing the retail public is so horrific!

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Homeland?

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Homeland?
It was the worst job I could think of for me. I hated everyone at that time. My wife is much happier with me as well now. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:I was making seven figures when that feeling began to occur too regularly. I quit when I decided that there simply is no number that makes that feeling bearable.

Those two sentences blow my mind. Really just way more information than I'm able to process let alone put into words right now. That's insane and extremely admirable.

On an unrelated note, does the expression "Whip!" mean anything to you?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 am

Gumby wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I was making seven figures when that feeling began to occur too regularly. I quit when I decided that there simply is no number that makes that feeling bearable.

Those two sentences blow my mind. Really just way more information than I'm able to process let alone put into words right now. That's insane and extremely admirable.

LOL Whats funny is I didnt even notice it the first time I read it and then I had to make a second post.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I work at a company that sells and services copy and fax machines. My primary job is to take calls and enter them into the computer. Take those calls and dispatch them to our technicians. When they are done they give them back and I enter in the information and clear out the work order. I also handle some of the billing. Most of our customers have service contracts depending on how many copies per month/quarter/year they make. I have to fax/call/email customers to get them to send me their copy counts so I can enter them in the computer and bill them. I do a couple other things as well but that is mostly what I do......It isn't horrible but I really don't like it. I've had some pretty crappy jobs though so I can't complain too much.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 pm

im still just in school so i dont have a job. but i pretty much have a job. im majoring in athletic training so i have to work with sports and be a student athletic trainer. i enjoy it. i really want to work in the health care profession though. i think that i will be happy with a job like that.

im still a youngen.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Gumby wrote:

LOL, in Marblehead WHIP means something! How the hell do you know that? What's next? Down Bucket?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm in the midst of a career I can't get away from (attorney-law school was interesting, too bad I detest the practice of it) and trying like hell to convince people to give me an opportunity in a career I want (accountant). Hate every day that I'm stuck in the legal realm.

Have the opposite of the normal problem. When someone is willing to interview me, it is clear they are scared by the fact that I'm alot more educated than they are(unfortunately I'm great at scholastic endeavors), confused by the desire to take a significant reduction in pay, and put off by my age (33-which seems young to me, but in public accounting if you aren't 24-25 max, then you might as well be 60). They want the young kids to chew up and spit out.

Just gotta get up each morning, suck it up, do the work, keep trying to get out. The wife and son (plus my hobbies-fantasy football, boxing, poker, books about history, politics, and all things UK) make sure I'm happy every minute I'm not at work, so life could be alot worse!!!!!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Sooner- my wife is a teacher. She gets stressed at times and has some things she doesn't like, but on a whole she really enjoys it. Her enthusiasm for the job has depended on the different schools and grade levels that she has taught. When she was teaching middle school science she didn't like it. Teaching honors biology for high school she has liked (at her old school) and loved (at her current school-think the administration there is much better).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:Sooner- my wife is a teacher. She gets stressed at times and has some things she doesn't like, but on a whole she really enjoys it. Her enthusiasm for the job has depended on the different schools and grade levels that she has taught. When she was teaching middle school science she didn't like it. Teaching honors biology for high school she has liked (at her old school) and loved (at her current school-think the administration there is much better).
Yeah didnt like my last admin and now I love my current administration. It does make a difference.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:LOL, in Marblehead WHIP means something! How the hell do you know that? What's next? Down Bucket?

Yeah. I'm not too far off from your neck of the ocean.

captainanddew wrote:attorney-law school was interesting
A legal background...

captainanddew wrote:a career I want (accountant)
An understanding of financial matters and probably negotiations...

captainanddew wrote:my hobbies-boxing
I have an idea for a career you might be good at which certainly has a need for young talent and does not discriminate (I don't think) against having a non-traditional career history...
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:15 pm

I have no choice. If I say I hate my job...people call me crazy.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down