The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10.

+2
gomez1012
dbudge
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10. Empty Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10.

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6711055,00.html

Amir Khan has stated his desire to fight Timothy Bradley before the start of Ramadam which is September 10th. he says he will have to wait and see what happens with the Alexander rematch clause but is keen to get his fight in April out of the way before fighting Bradley in England. Clearly Khan's team are going to play on the UK PPV TV money situation. Sky Sports could look to do upto 750k-1mil PPVs for that fight (@ approximately $24 each). the fact is Khan brings more money than Bradley, especially because he is with HBO also. i cannot see how this fight isn't going to happen unless Alexander presses the rematch clause situaion. although if HBO aren't on board for that then there is no money behind that fight so that is highly unlikely to be happening.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10. Empty Re: Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10.

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:18 pm

I think Timmy would have no problem with this, however it's down to HBO and they aren't really keen on broadcasting live outside America.

Back to top Go down

Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10. Empty Re: Khan wants Bradley fight in England before Sept 10.

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Ali wrote:I think Timmy would have no problem with this, however it's down to HBO and they aren't really keen on broadcasting live outside America.

Showtime did Witter vs Bradley, make this happen as well
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Ali wrote:I think Timmy would have no problem with this, however it's down to HBO and they aren't really keen on broadcasting live outside America.

erm really it's not down to HBO. it's down to Golden Boy. they need to look at where the most money is coming in from for the fight. the way things are going at HBO, i don't know if July/August time they will be able and prepared to pay the bigger money then what the UK money is going to be able to offer. Timothy has been here before and i genuinely believe he is a man on a mission in the same mould as Marvin Hagler and coming to the UK wouldn't deter him at all. i think the bulk of the money is on these shores, easy 20'000 sell out arena, if it's in August there is nothing to stop it being a stadium fight. that fight would generate more money in England then it is America and ultimately that is what it all comes down to

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

exactimondo. Showtime did Lacy vs Calzaghe. Showtime did Froch vs Dirrell. i think they'd be prepared. say they could easily stack an undercard in the UK then look to have main feature at 1am/2am which gives US audiences a 8/9pm starting time, and then have a second fight on a show in the US afterwards. simples

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:29 pm

dbudge wrote:

erm really it's not down to HBO. it's down to Golden Boy. they need to look at where the most money is coming in from for the fight. the way things are going at HBO, i don't know if July/August time they will be able and prepared to pay the bigger money then what the UK money is going to be able to offer. Timothy has been here before and i genuinely believe he is a man on a mission in the same mould as Marvin Hagler and coming to the UK wouldn't deter him at all. i think the bulk of the money is on these shores, easy 20'000 sell out arena, if it's in August there is nothing to stop it being a stadium fight. that fight would generate more money in England then it is America and ultimately that is what it all comes down to

Nope it's down to HBO, they are the ones with the biggest checkbook. And they are the ones who have heavily invested in this division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

dbudge wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

exactimondo. Showtime did Lacy vs Calzaghe. Showtime did Froch vs Dirrell. i think they'd be prepared. say they could easily stack an undercard in the UK then look to have main feature at 1am/2am which gives US audiences a 8/9pm starting time, and then have a second fight on a show in the US afterwards. simples

HBO aren't Showtime.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Nope it's down to HBO, they are the ones with the biggest checkbook. And they are the ones who have heavily invested in this division.

all of that don't count for sh.it. if Golden Boy and Gary Shaw decide that there is more money to be made with the fight being in England then that is where it will happen. HBO could still be on board but if Sky Sports are going to offer the fighters more money than HBO that is where they'll go unless Khan and Bradley are contractually bound to HBO

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

and besides, HBO have broadcast fights from the UK as well. what's to say they wouldn't broadcast a fight of this magnitude from here? they happily did Calzaghe vs Kessler in Wales.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Sky Sports don't have the resources to compete with HBO, the only way they can afford Khan's large price is because they make the majority of it back off of PPV.

Gary Shaw certainly wouldn't be keen to stage it in England after the Froch vs Dirrell fight.

HBO will have the final say on which side of the Atlantic it's staged.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Ali wrote:
HBO aren't Showtime.

All we're saying is if HBO drops the ball again, Im sure Showtime would jump at the opportunity to do this from the UK

Another fight they did, Hatton vs Tszyu
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:
HBO aren't Showtime.

All we're saying is if HBO drops the ball again, Im sure Showtime would jump at the opportunity to do this from the UK

Another fight they did, Hatton vs Tszyu

HBO have options on both fighters.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Ali wrote:Sky Sports don't have the resources to compete with HBO, the only way they can afford Khan's large price is because they make the majority of it back off of PPV.

Gary Shaw certainly wouldn't be keen to stage it in England after the Froch vs Dirrell fight.

it was Gary Shaw that bought Lacy over here for Calzaghe. it's all about the money at the end of the day. this sport operates from a business standpoint first and foremost. if HBO have "options" on both fighters then they will have to do the fight in England. i can't see how it is going to be anyway else IMO

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:55 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:Sky Sports don't have the resources to compete with HBO, the only way they can afford Khan's large price is because they make the majority of it back off of PPV.

it was Gary Shaw that bought Lacy over here for Calzaghe. it's all about the money at the end of the day. this sport operates from a business standpoint first and foremost. if HBO have "options" on both fighters then they will have to do the fight in England. i can't see how it is going to be anyway else IMO

Jesus ........

HBO are the ones with the biggest checkbook, they'll be the ones paying writing the checks to increase the purse. There will be enough interest in this fight Statside to fill up an arena, Gary Shaw will probably already have venues willing to pay site fees to stage the fight. If HBO aren't willing to broadcast from overseas the fight will be happening in America period !!

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Jesus ........

HBO are the ones with the biggest checkbook, they'll be the ones paying writing the checks to increase the purse. There will be enough interest in this fight Statside to fill up an arena, Gary Shaw will probably already have venues willing to pay site fees to stage the fight. If HBO aren't willing to broadcast from overseas the fight will be happening in America period !!

No

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Be dense then.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Ali wrote:Be dense then.

No

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Khan can draw in England and Bradley has proven he can't in the US. The fight (Much to Grant's dismay) should be fought on the bigger draws turf. If not have it at MSG so I can go.

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Khan can draw in England and Bradley has proven he can't in the US. The fight (Much to Grant's dismay) should be fought on the bigger draws turf. If not have it at MSG so I can go.

if they do it at MSG, then I very well will be driving from Virginia, staying up there and going to the fight. I think Kahn will outbox Bradley but will have to survive some tough moments as Bradley is going to go after his ass if he is losing. Unlike alot of fighters we see these days, Bradley wants to win DESPERATELY!!!! He will not cave if Kahn is outboxing him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Khan can draw in England and Bradley has proven he can't in the US. The fight (Much to Grant's dismay) should be fought on the bigger draws turf. If not have it at MSG so I can go.

if they do it at MSG, then I very well will be driving from Virginia, staying up there and going to the fight. I think Kahn will outbox Bradley but will have to survive some tough moments as Bradley is going to go after his ass if he is losing. Unlike alot of fighters we see these days, Bradley wants to win DESPERATELY!!!! He will not cave if Kahn is outboxing him.

So should I pump up the air mattress?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 pm

My guess is Bradley's gonna get on a plane for this one.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My guess is Bradley's gonna get on a plane for this one.

I think he should. He has before. He also, like you have said, has shown that he is a fighter and wants to challenge himself and be great. This guy is fighting for legacy and it's beautiful to see.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

So should I pump up the air mattress?

Why not just share and have an orgy ?

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Ali wrote:

Why not just share and have an orgy ?

You're a sick little monkey.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

what will hbo pay for this fight..3 million is more then what they will go i think..simple math..1 million ppvs at 24 dollars is 24 million..half to sky and cable outlets.12 mill left..even a good slice of the pie 6 million for promoters..thats 6 mil left for the figfhters plus a gate of 20 -25 thousand fans..and thoses num,bers are giving the fighters the short end of the stick..hbo with there soo called checkbook cant touch that..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next