The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemeiux vs Camacho Jr on espn3 lets watch and score it

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lemeiux vs Camacho Jr on espn3 lets watch and score it - Page 2 Empty Re: Lemeiux vs Camacho Jr on espn3 lets watch and score it

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 am

captainanddew wrote:didn't see much in the way of the jab. Was only to find the range.

I'm going to do some digging and find as many of his fights as I can online.

It wasn't an effective jab, but he used it early in the fight to feel Camacho out. I caught some of his other fights on youtube and it looks like he always fights the same. Boxes a little to feel his opponent out and once he realizes he can hurt them, he starts to let his guard down and press. And no one I saw challenged him when he did that because they couldn't deal with his power at all. He did show a variety of punches in the vids I saw though.

The thing I realized that I don't like about him is his rhythm and pace. He's too predictable. I could literally set a count to when he would throw his next punch and be right most of the time. He flurried some, but never changed levels or surprised anyone with his combinations. He's so talented that I don't want to see him get Jeff Lacyed when he steps up in competition. He reminds me of Mosley a little.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Lemeiux vs Camacho Jr on espn3 lets watch and score it - Page 2 Empty Re: Lemeiux vs Camacho Jr on espn3 lets watch and score it

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:27 am

gumby thanks for sharing your thoughts.ill take what you say as accurate.if hes that predicable he will get jeff lacyied steping up to top competion unless they can get him to improve a lot on his patterns..power is a great equalizer if its not predicatable....any way lets hope he can improve cause hes a talent that can excite fans..camacho jr on the other hand is 2 notches below a chavez jr and i think he stays at that level.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:59 am

Damn, dmar, I didn't see this thread... sorry I missed it.

P.S. i'm watching the replay right now on ESPN3. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2