The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb...

4 posters

Go down

Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb... Empty Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb...

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:35 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32294

Conference call to promote the Martinez rematch...

A few highlights:
Michael Woods: Why are you going to be cautious on the 20th?

Paul Williams: I don't want him to be hurt bad.

Michael Woods: You don't want to hurt him that bad?

Paul Williams: Yes.

Michael Woods: OK. So you're going to put a beating on him but you don't want to hurt him that bad?

Paul Williams: Oh, yes, you know, nothing personal, just business.

Dan Rafael: George, excuse me, he did not run in the first fight though. I mean you stood there and he traded with Paul the same way Paul stood and traded with him?

George Peterson: Say that again?

Dan Rafael: He did not run in the first fight nor did Paul but two men stood there and fought each other pretty much so that fight was so good.

George Peterson: You watched the different fight than I watched, Dan. We're talking about Martinez and Paul Williams fight.

Doing his best Zab Judah here
(Daxx Khan): And what about Martinez that makes you think that this fight is just going to be, you know, be easier? You know, has Martinez since then shown you anything or is it maybe the fact that, you know, over the last weigh in, he's still at 176 pounds? You know, do you think that Martinez is just not taking it seriously or he's not going to be prepared enough as you are?

Paul Williams: Not definitely. You know, he weigh 167 or whatever. That don't mean nothing because he's got a weight you know what I'm saying? The weight on the 19th and I think he's going to make the weight easily, you know.

But I'll say, you know what I'm saying? In the first fight, if you look at the first fight, you can see me not doing what I normally do. I'm just walking and twist. I wasn't trying by the way. I just fight in him. That was my game plan, is to fight him. I want to try and do nothing. I just fight hi, but this time, I've got some better punishment in store for him, you know what I'm saying? He is going to have to queue up to fight me again and I bet he isn't ready to fight me this time.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb... Empty Re: Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb...

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Even Tyson was easier on the ears on his worst day. afro
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb... Empty Re: Paul Williams and his team seem pretty dumb...

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:09 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Even Tyson was easier on the ears on his worst day. afro

Without a doubt! cheers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Well we don't rate these guys on their public speaking ability. Thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:44 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Well we don't rate these guys on their public speaking ability. Thankfully.

Yup, they seemed a bit discouraged going into this fight

Catch weight & delusions of the first fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Well we don't rate these guys on their public speaking ability. Thankfully.

They don't teach public speaking at the Winky Wright School of Boxing Business (of which PW is a magna cum laude graduate).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:27 pm

haha. i dont think that they know what they are saying
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:

They don't teach public speaking at the Winky Wright School of Boxing Business (of which PW is a magna cum laude graduate).

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY EYES!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:46 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY EYES!

My wife is a wizard of oz fan. If Marble was as well, then every time someone said Winky Wright, I'd imagine Marble with the following:

Ohhh! You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down