The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show

+2
bird
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show Empty Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 am

Looks so tight. Premiers 1-11-11.

BS, yeah Ali I know there thread on this somehwere in the other forum. Sue me!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show Empty Re: Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 am

BTW, you know it's striaght up fiction when dude suppose to be an Ex Irish-American HW Champ.

Fuck, the last Irish HW Champ was James "Cinderella Man" Braddock.

Which kind looks like it's modeled after him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show Empty Re: Lights Out on FX....So jacked to see this show

Post  bird Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:28 pm

show looks stupid and I bet it ends up making boxing look bad

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 am

bird wrote:show looks stupid and I bet it ends up making boxing look bad

Getting pretty good reviews. FX sent entire first season to critics. Networks never do that. That shows a lot confidence on FX's part.

Anway, I'm so watching it tonight.

Fuck, if boxing can't provide a good HW Champ, might well watch a fictional one.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:59 pm

I thknk since Pacquaio has hit the light, boxings popularity has been on the rise. Ima watch this show, the previews look pretty good. Hopefully it isnt a let down.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Diego408 wrote:I thknk since Pacquaio has hit the light, boxings popularity has been on the rise. Ima watch this show, the previews look pretty good. Hopefully it isnt a let down.

Naw, Hollywood always loved boxing. No other sport has had more movies based off of it.

Just timing is all. Marky Mark had been working on The Fighter for four years. It was only a matter of time when FX did a show on boxing, since it fits the theme of the network. Gritty, adult theme shows catered towards male demographic.

Pac's popularity definitly helped boxing get some press in US, that's for sure.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:25 pm

HBO got in a promo for the Bradley-Alexander fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

Well, it seems like a modern rip-off of Rocky so far.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Well, it seems like a modern rip-off of Rocky so far.
lol i thought the show was good and i lmao when i saw that he's so broke that he's going to have an mma fight lol
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 am

I thought was a solid pilot. Pilots are always slow because you got to set-up the characters and the themes. But looks like shit will start kicking up as the episodes go along.

Holt did a great job.

The only real flaw is Holt's too damn small to be a convincing HW today.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Looks like it'll be a good series. I liked everything about it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:37 pm

I actually watched it twice in a row, but I couldn't help thinking that everything he was doing was the same as Rocky. Collecting money for a bookie (Yo, Mr. Gazzo), going broke (Yo Adrian), un-retiring (Yo Mick).......knowhatImean?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I actually watched it twice in a row, but I couldn't help thinking that everything he was doing was the same as Rocky. Collecting money for a bookie (Yo, Mr. Gazzo), going broke (Yo Adrian), un-retiring (Yo Mick).......knowhatImean?

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The good thing about series is that they can flesh things out much better than in a movie. Spartacus is just Gladiator and 300, The Walking Dead is just a bunch of zombie movies, It's Always Sunny is Seinfeld on crack, etc. Lights Out doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be good. It can be a grittier Rocky and I'd be more than happy.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I actually watched it twice in a row, but I couldn't help thinking that everything he was doing was the same as Rocky. Collecting money for a bookie (Yo, Mr. Gazzo), going broke (Yo Adrian), un-retiring (Yo Mick).......knowhatImean?

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The good thing about series is that they can flesh things out much better than in a movie. Spartacus is just Gladiator and 300, The Walking Dead is just a bunch of zombie movies, It's Always Sunny is Seinfeld on crack, etc. Lights Out doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be good. It can be a grittier Rocky and I'd be more than happy.
To each his own I guess...I'm not that easy to please.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down