The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska

3 posters

Go down

Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska Empty Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 pm

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/demarco-ready-for-nebraska-and-bout-against-sanchez_011111/

For lightweight Antonio DeMarco (24-2-1, 18KOs), it doesn't really matter where his next fight will be held but never in his wildest dreams would he have expected Grand Island, Nebraska. On February 26th, DeMarco of Tijuana, MX, will challenge fellow countryman Reyes Sanchez (20-3-1, 11KOs) of Mexico City, MX, for the WBC Silver lightweight title in the main event of "Rumble in the Heartland". The eight fight night will be held at the Heartland Events Center. The fight will be televised by Showtime and presented by Gary Shaw Promotions.

"I feel very lucky and motivated to be part of the first championship fight in Nebraska," the 24-year-old DeMarco stated recently. "I felt great deal of satisfaction when I got the news. We hope that the fight ends with good results for us so that we can go back and fight there again."

DeMarco has been in a gym for the better part of the last three months even training through the holidays. DeMarco is doing everything to reach February 26th in optimal fighting condition.

"I feel everything has been going as planned," DeMarco explained. "We are dropping the weight comfortably and we are getting down to 3-4 pounds over contracted weight where we plan to do our most intense work. Come fight night, we will be at more than 110%."

Ok...scratch

Showtime double header with Rios vs Acosta
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska Empty Re: Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 pm

the wbc silver title huh..keep collecting thoses santioning fees guys..ill make 5 belts per division.there will be no contenders left just chumps opps i mean champs.

Back to top Go down

Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska Empty Re: Antonio DeMarco's next fight is in Nebraska

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Probably another example of the venue coughing up dough to bring boxing there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Nebraska is a weird site to fight at, but who knows what Mr Arum is thinking. ill_Will aka Margo cartel should enjoy this fight live.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 pm

This is a solid fight though, and I'm pretty curious to see what a fight in Nebraska will look like. It's past football season so I bet people will be thirsty for action. I'm rooting for Demarco. Seems like a good kid with skills and heart. Hopefully, he grows from getting buzzsawed by Valero and just the aftermath of that fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Gumby wrote:This is a solid fight though, and I'm pretty curious to see what a fight in Nebraska will look like. It's past football season so I bet people will be thirsty for action. I'm rooting for Demarco. Seems like a good kid with skills and heart. Hopefully, he grows from getting buzzsawed by Valero and just the aftermath of that fight.

Valero was a beast that night, bleeding gash in his head, and boxed a lot better than I expected

If DeMarco keeps winning, a lot of fights can be made at 135
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down