The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter

+7
Groundhog
Gumby
flapanther2001
Tobe
gomez1012
Norm1023
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter Empty Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 am

Berto, the WBC welterweight champion, seemingly got the scuffle started on Saturday night, when still smarting from the Colts' loss to the Jets in the AFC wild card game, he tossed a jab at SSM.

"Still mad," he wrote to his Tweeple, and then promised he'd go to the bathroom and look at a "pic of this old man." "This old man" was a doctored picture of Mosley, looking as ancient as Red Foxx on Sanford and Son.

"Don't get mad at me because your team got knock off like you would lol," Mosley replied, and the Twit hits started to fly.

"Look at this pic closely by time i finish wit u this pic will be a reality," Berto responded.

Mosley, who will contend for the WBO welterweight crown on May 7, scored the first solid toss, when he wrote, "By the time you fight anybody of note we will all be the old!!!!!!"

Berto returned fire. "U already old that's why u want to fold," he wrote.

Of course, followers of both fighters jumped into the fray, making it more like a WWE clustereff than a snap-swap with Queensberry rules.

Antonio Tarver even popped up, to referee. He was assured by all that it was all in good fun.

The action continued on Sunday.

"Listen next game I'll put up 100k and u just put up your retirement pitchen let's go," Berto wrote. Mosley was ready with a hook. "Berto Berto you know I make way more money than you that would't be fair. keep your little Money i good. LOL," he Tweeted.

Berto got his share of scoring blows, though. "Lol this twitter battle is alot more entertaining then that @SugarShaneM vs Mora fight and that mess was on PPV..SMH..REFUND PLEASE!!!!!" he said.

He elevated the nature of the ribbing, I'd say, when he referenced Mosley's "old lady." His followup was even more pointed. "Let me ask u a serious question are u still juicing up? 'I mean on the roids? It's just me and u talking nobody will know."

When Mosley didn't answer immediately, Berto wrote, "*Crickets* Awww I guess that's a touchy subject hu.. Shane just do like Margartio say u didn't know. We'll all believe u lol."

Mosley chose the high road, and said he'd finish up after watching some football, and recovering from the "low blow."

Berto exulted. "Lol ok people it seems team @SugarShaneM has waved the white flag.. Win for #TeamBerto.. I hope everybody enjoyed it.. Have a beautiful day," he wrote.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/11857-twitter-hitter-berto-scores-tko-win-over-mosley
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter Empty Re: Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter

Post  Norm1023 Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Is Berto Freshman from ESPN?

And is it requirement that you not be able to spell to have a Twitter account?
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter Empty Re: Berto and Mosley go at it on Twitter

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Sleep
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:16 pm

I am kinda starting to dislike post divorce Mosley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Both guys came across looking stupid out of that exchange. Leave the twitter to the tweens.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Berto's a naive young man, I can forgive his stupidity. Shane should know better, and Berto's not the only person he argues with on twitter, he's even had a go at Porkie.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Berto has quite a mouth on him for a guy who hasn't really looked impressive against anyone of note.

Wasn't it Berto who pulled out of the Mosley fight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Canvas wrote:Berto has quite a mouth on him for a guy who hasn't really looked impressive against anyone of note.

Yes, but that was because Andre had lost family members in the Haiti earthquake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Is it the trauma of those losses causing him to come across as a low class punk on twitter?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

I know I would just shiver in my shoes if somebody attacked me on Twitter.... Funny Shit
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I know I would just shiver in my shoes if somebody attacked me on Twitter.... Funny Shit

LOL, yeah. Quite the age we're living in. I have never actually been on twitter....

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Canvas wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I know I would just shiver in my shoes if somebody attacked me on Twitter.... Funny Shit

LOL, yeah. Quite the age we're living in. I have never actually been on twitter....
Nor have I....this is as close as I get.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Norm1023 wrote:And is it requirement that you not be able to spell to have a Twitter account?

No, but once people can spell properly they generally upgrade to articles, magazines, or books.

I don't mind the twitter wars. I like them as much as the media reporting that so and so said this. Berto's not pulling any punches. Nothing beats video or face to face confrontation though.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:15 pm

LOL this is actually pretty funny. first time Berto has entertained me since the Collazo fight.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Mosley may be the all time worst trash talker in the history of boxing.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Groundhog wrote:LOL this is actually pretty funny. first time Berto has entertained me since the Collazo fight.
so true and he probably lost that fight (on my card).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 am

Twitter has actually helped keep the spice in boxing, you've got people like Khan and Berto who'll argue with other boxers on twitter which might help hype up future fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 am

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:Berto has quite a mouth on him for a guy who hasn't really looked impressive against anyone of note.

Yes, but that was because Andre had lost family members in the Haiti earthquake.

Shane fought in the wake of a divorce and his wife taking his kids away. I don't care what the circumstances are/were Berto has no platform to talk shit to a guy that's fought everyone over three different weight classes when Berto's fought nobody over one.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:13 am

Ali wrote:Twitter has actually helped keep the spice in boxing, you've got people like Khan and Berto who'll argue with other boxers on twitter which might help hype up future fights.

I kind of agree. With lack of major media coverage for most boxers, it's way to talk some mad shit to some rivals for a fued match.

Days of Ali-Cossell are over. Shits all online now.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:20 am

Froch needs to get twitter ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am

Ali wrote:Froch needs to get twitter ASAP.

He should let his wife do the talking. I can only imagine what happens when those two argue or fuck. I hope they live far from their nearest neighbors.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:23 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

He should let his wife do the talking. I can only imagine what happens when those two argue or fuck. I hope they live far from their nearest neighbors.

LOL

" COME ON CARL, JAB THAT COOCHIE "

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

LOL

" COME ON CARL, JAB THAT COOCHIE "

"You're FUCKING USELESS CARL!!!!"
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:31 am

EVERYTIME HE MISSES, CARL! COME ON CARL! WHOOOOO!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 am

Funny Shit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next