The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berto: Do you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass?

+7
dbudge
Tobe
Soonermark890
Freddie1437
hardcorebee24
Frank
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Berto: Do  you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass? Empty Berto: Do you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass?

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:59 am

"You need to go ahead and step aside," Berto told Mosley. "Go sit in your lil old man rocking chair and stir some coffee real slow. I got this. Do you real want to see Pac fight Mosley's old ass? Boxing is looking for that new young fresh face, not grandpas."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33903
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Berto: Do  you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass? Empty Re: Berto: Do you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass?

Post  Frank Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 am

GrantZilla (Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am) wrote:"You need to go ahead and step aside," Berto told Mosley. "Go sit in your lil old man rocking chair and stir some coffee real slow. I got this. Do you real want to see Pac fight Mosley's old ass? Boxing is looking for that new young fresh face, not grandpas."

Wow. Well, I guess I can come out and admit that I thought Berto was scared to fight Mosley, though I would never admit it. Also, Andre should stay away from good fighters until he learns the basic fundamentals of the sport. Pacquiao vs. Berto? Ok. I'll watch it, but in my opinion, that contest puts Berto in serious danger.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Berto: Do  you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass? Empty Re: Berto: Do you want to see Pac fight Mosley's old Ass?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:34 am

ill agree with bertos harsh words here.first berto wants this fight bad and he and his advisers proved it by taking far less upfront money then mosley and jmm..this is a case of arum trying to impose his will on pacquiano and not the potentail that mosl;ey will draw moree ppvs..thats nonsence..yes the general publicmay be more familar with him then berto BUT they also realize mosley is a washed up old old fighter...pac will sell the tickets not shane....the public can learn about berto threw the promotion of the fight..he can be sold better then mosley and jmm if you truly want to promote the fight..hes young mosleys old.bertos in his prime mosleys washed up..berto had a impressive one round ko over a ranked fighter his last fight .mosley stunk in his last two..hes unbeaton and owns part of the welterweight title..even loud mouth freddie roach said and knows mosley brings nothing to the table...thats why arum kept him away from the meeting with pac cause freddie would explain that berto is the most marketable fighter with allk the givens in place..
i dont want to hear berto dont sell tickets..its pac that will sell the tickets and arum and company can sell this fight as competitive..which it is contrary to the beliefs held here..both could win in a blowout BUT the more likely cituation is manny will eat the sandwich but berto will take a big bite out of it....make this the first step in mannys quest for a linial 5th title.the unification of the welter divison..thats another selling point.arum dont want anybody around..not dibella not golden boy..they agreed to that..its arum promoting arum not pac and the fight...hes usuing this as a step to crush other promoters....time for manny to stop being a puppet and tell arum nooo to mosley..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:43 am

Agreed. I can't beleive some people on here actualy think Pac-Mosley is going to sell when general public sees Mosley as an old man. They saw MAyweather make him look like a grandpa.

Where the fuck is the excitment for this fight? Pac will be the huge favorite. People will see it as Pac beating up an old man. Come on.

They could sell Berto as a young hungry lion wanting to take Pac out. Because people don't know a lot about Berto, it adds the unknown factor.

I gurantee Pac-Mosley won't come close to a million buys. Pac will make more money with Berto because Berto is asking less, and since he's selling the fight, he can claim the most.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 am

I cant fucking believe its so hard to get the two top active guys in the same division a fight. Andre Berto should get the fight not Shane. Andre Berto is the second best welterweight that's not on vacation. He's as ready as he'll ever be.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

hardcorebee24 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:01 pm) wrote:I cant fucking believe its so hard to get the two top active guys in the same division a fight. Andre Berto should get the fight not Shane. Andre Berto is the second best welterweight that's not on vacation. He's as ready as he'll ever be.
Yeah, I agree. Let's give the fight to Berto. I just didn't appreciate his harsh words towards Mosley. I stated in another thread that I thought a Berto fight would generate considerable excitement for Pac fans at the moment. I just didn't think there was a reason to verbally attack Mosley.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am

Berto's talking awfully loud about Mosley when he's never fought Mosley for whatever reason. I don't think that Berto should get the shot and here's why, what has Berto actually accomplished in boxing besides beating cans and Jr WWs? He had a narrow decision against Collazo who I myself felt he lost and he beat Quintana who has been beaten before and in more irratic fashion. My point is that all fighters nowadays are looking for 1 thing and that's to keep there "0" and giving Berto this fight based on accomplishing nothing but being undefeated is sending the message that you can either fight the best and earn your way to the top or fight mediocre fighters, stay undefeated and you'll get your shot as well!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 am

Berto's just saying what's on everyone's mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:26 am

GrantZilla (Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:59 am) wrote:"You need to go ahead and step aside," Berto told Mosley. "Go sit in your lil old man rocking chair and stir some coffee real slow. I got this. Do you real want to see Pac fight Mosley's old ass? Boxing is looking for that new young fresh face, not grandpas."

NICE LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am

Does Berto even beat Mosley? Let alone Pac...
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am

Berto has a point, but I just don't see any reason for him to be dissn' Mosley, it's kind of classless. What i'd really like to see is Mosley fighting Berto, why not make that fight, and Pac vs JMM, and then have the 2 winners face each other in the fall of 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am

Ali (Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 pm) wrote:Berto's just saying what's on everyone's mind.
.....very true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 am

I think fading Mosley beats Berto if they fight within the next 4 months < that is the fight I'd like to see.

I'm holding out hope that Pac will choose JMM next for cico demayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Canvas (Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:51 am) wrote:I think fading Mosley beats Berto if they fight within the next 4 months < that is the fight I'd like to see.

I'm holding out hope that Pac will choose JMM next for cico demayo

Mosley would easily be the best fighter Berto has ever fought, i'd love to see Mosley shut that young punks mouth. Like I said, let Berto fight Mosley, and Pac fight JMM, the 2 winners can meet in the fall of 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Wait a minute. Is this the same Berto who bailed on a fight with Shane? I don't care how good the reason was. He has zero standing here. None.

Here's the way a reasonable person makes the point. "Hey Shane, Manny wants to fight in May, six months from now. I'll fight you in February and the winner gets Manny."

That's eight weeks to prepare, plenty of time, then ten weeks till the winner fights Manny, plenty of time to recover, plan, train and market.

Berto is trying to get a big fight without earning it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Wait a minute. Is this the same Berto who bailed on a fight with Shane? I don't care how good the reason was. He has zero standing here. None.

Here's the way a reasonable person makes the point. "Hey Shane, Manny wants to fight in May, six months from now. I'll fight you in February and the winner gets Manny."

That's eight weeks to prepare, plenty of time, then ten weeks till the winner fights Manny, plenty of time to recover, plan, train and market.

No fair suggesting reasonable timelines - that's just foolish Wink
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 pm

dmar5143 wrote:ill agree with bertos harsh words here.first berto wants this fight bad and he and his advisers proved it by taking far less upfront money then mosley and jmm..this is a case of arum trying to impose his will on pacquiano and not the potentail that mosl;ey will draw moree ppvs..thats nonsence..yes the general publicmay be more familar with him then berto BUT they also realize mosley is a washed up old old fighter...pac will sell the tickets not shane....the public can learn about berto threw the promotion of the fight..he can be sold better then mosley and jmm if you truly want to promote the fight..hes young mosleys old.bertos in his prime mosleys washed up..berto had a impressive one round ko over a ranked fighter his last fight .mosley stunk in his last two..hes unbeaton and owns part of the welterweight title..even loud mouth freddie roach said and knows mosley brings nothing to the table...thats why arum kept him away from the meeting with pac cause freddie would explain that berto is the most marketable fighter with allk the givens in place..
i dont want to hear berto dont sell tickets..its pac that will sell the tickets and arum and company can sell this fight as competitive..which it is contrary to the beliefs held here..both could win in a blowout BUT the more likely cituation is manny will eat the sandwich but berto will take a big bite out of it....make this the first step in mannys quest for a linial 5th title.the unification of the welter divison..thats another selling point.arum dont want anybody around..not dibella not golden boy..they agreed to that..its arum promoting arum not pac and the fight...hes usuing this as a step to crush other promoters....time for manny to stop being a puppet and tell arum nooo to mosley..

exactly. why are people still going on about Berto not being a big draw when Pac can carry PPV's over 800'000 buys on his own. Berto is the most logical and right fight IMO. genuine WW, genuine high rank, undefeated etc etc. Berto should keep his mouth shut though because the old man in his rocking chair is the guy he could have been facing instead of Mora getting the gig if it wasn't for his diva like demands. on the other side of the fence though a Pac - Berto fight is something i'm interested in but i think Berto will soon realise he is way out of his depth. he hasn't the seasoning to compete with a whirlwind like Manny and against Collazo he showed he can be thrown off very easily when he doesnt have everything his way, the difference in a Manny fight is that Manny is far far more unforgiving and superior

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ Marble-You got it Pontiac.

But what else would you expect from a guy who hasn't earned any of the riches he has accumulated from the sport thus far?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Canvas wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ Marble-You got it Pontiac.

But what else would you expect from a guy who hasn't earned any of the riches he has accumulated from the sport thus far?

It ain't just Berto. Somewhere along the line talk became accepted as the equivalent of achievement in the minds of too many fans.

I don't like the Manny-Shane fight either, but Berto has done nada to earn the right to complain.

Like I said, there is an obvious way for Berto to approach this. In stead he relies on his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Sadly, talk to any of these young cats under 35, and running your mouth is the same thing as charisma and brilliant promotion.

add- it gives you insight as to why UFC is appealing to them

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ Marble-You got it Pontiac.

It ain't just Berto. Somewhere along the line talk became accepted as the equivalent of achievement in the minds of too many fans.

I don't like the Manny-Shane fight either, but Berto has done nada to earn the right to complain.

Like I said, there is an obvious way for Berto to approach this. In stead he relies on his mouth.

i think you've got this about 100% right Marb. why would a fighter serve a proper apprenticeship to earn their shot when they can just bitch about everyone and get the attention??? It's not just Berto like you say, there are countless fighters about that think their shit don't stink and boxing owes them a living. if you want to succeed then you have to go out and prove yourself, whether you're a professional boxer or whatever. instead some of these guiys hang around for 4 months for an easy payday to come along, get an easy win and then whine that they can't get a big fight and everybody is ducking them. if they just went out and fought 5 times a year against that level of opposition and kept scoring wins then they would do themselves a massive favour, earn more money and put themselves in a more favourable position to get the big fights. i don't think it's just boxing that people behave like divas in, we live in a society and with a generation where everybody wants something for nothing and feel they are owed a debt by the World. The World has become too spoilt

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 pm

May 7th PPV
Pac vs Mosley
Berto vs Cintron

Build towards it, have Berto call out Pac after me makes Cintron cry or jump out of the ring
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 pm

mosley did nothing but look like a bum his last 2 fights and doesnt deserve a pac fight..i would not mind a mosley-berto fight but its not happening unless may 7th pac fights someone else..soo if it is shane yuck then why not berto-jmm..

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

I think it's good Berto put his name out there and stated that he wants the fight.

As to what he's done; sadly, it's what he hasn't done that matters. He hasn't showed himself as an aging, declining fighter. He doesn't deserve Pacquiao, but he's the best candidate. Boxing is about giving guy's that shot and seeing what they do with it. Berto's the guy who I think can potentially make something of a shot. Whether it's a W or an exciting fight, I like him much more than Mosley or JMM.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Wait a minute. Is this the same Berto who bailed on a fight with Shane? I don't care how good the reason was. He has zero standing here. None.

Right, Berto needs to take care of unfinished business with Mosley first before he starts running his mouth about a fight with Pacquiao, I mean who the fuck is Berto, and WTF has he done to deserve a shot at Pacquiao.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next