The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas

5 posters

Go down

teddy atlas - Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas Empty Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

teddy atlas - Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas Empty Re: Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Did Saurland just publicly criticise Atlas or has he actually been sacked as Povetkin's trainer ?

From what I've read Povetkin seems to have regressed under Teddy's tutelage.

Back to top Go down

teddy atlas - Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas Empty Re: Povetkin's Promoter cans Atlas

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:57 pm

teddy sure closed the door with this interview..i did like how atlas handled himself and what he said also..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Did you see the video? Pretty obvious they didnt want him in the corner
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Povetkin looked like crap in his last fight, he was in shape but his game was terrible. Hard to say if that's Teddy's fault or not, but seems like the right time to part ways.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

The promoter doesn't make that call. The fighter/ manager would usually make that decision. Povetkin has regressed under Teddy IMO, the proof is in the performances.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Canvas wrote:The promoter doesn't make that call. The fighter/ manager would usually make that decision. Povetkin has regressed under Teddy IMO, the proof is in the performances.

Is Teddy really that bad of trainer ? might it be the language barrier or culture clash ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm

i usually think Atlas is an idiot but what he just said in that interview deserves praise of the highest order. He is right 100% , i fucking hate Snakey Sauerland

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 pm

I don't know Ali. Some people just have the wrong chemistry. I'm not a huge Atlas fan, although he is honest and has forgotten more than I'll ever know about boxing.

I think Atlas' problem is he doesn't know when to tone it down. He wears fighters down with endless pseudo-psychological blather, and is rigid on the fighter doing things his way, rather than working to the fighters natural rythms. That is my perception. Maybe i'm wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Canvas wrote:I don't know Ali. Some people just have the wrong chemistry. I'm not a huge Atlas fan, although he is honest and has forgotten more than I'll ever know about boxing.

Same Atlas that brought up mysterious emial of Pac's camp admiting he was on PEDs. Same Atlas had to bring up the PEDs shit again after the Margarito fight. "I'm not saying he's on PEDs, but..."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I respect what Teddy said here and do not like Saureland but Povetkin has regressed. He was apparently injured in his last fight so maybe that had something to do with it. I'd like to believe Teddy was breaking him down to build him back but it is highly unlikely.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 pm

I beleive what Teddy said. I think Saureland was going to take a huge chunk out of money Povtekin would get fighting Wlad.

Atlas knew the fight be nothing but a payday fight for Povetkin, and that he has no chance against Wlad. So if he isn't even going to get a payday, no point in him suffering a career ending beat down.

Povetkin will never beat Wlad. He does not have the tools. He's not fast enough, he's not big enough, and he doesn't have the power.

So to blame Atlas I think is a little unfaire. No trainer can turn a poodle into a giant pitbull. The best a trainer can do is turn a fighter that is already a pitbull into a better fighter.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Anything up to 28 percent is not unusual for a promoter to take if they are not the lead promoter.

A lead promoter sometimes makes more than that if the show is really profitable. Conversely, the lead promoter is on the hook for any losses if the show is not a commercial success.

Until I see proof backing Teddy's claims, I'll chalk this up to Atlas overreacting by slandering Sauerland. Teddy doesn't take criticism well.

Last edited by Canvas on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm not trying to defend the often unfair cut that promoters take from fighters, but there are other things to consider:

how much of a signing bonus did Povetkin get?

what kind of minimum did Povetkin get even for small non-profitable fights?

was Povetkin on some kind of rich living allowance early in the contract?

who pays all the expenses for training camp?

has the promoter recovered any of their investment in Povetkin yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 am

It could be Suarland desperately want to cash in on a Klitschko fight now that the Haye fight is dead and they'll lose their options on him after the Chageav fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down