The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak)

+4
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Rum Capital
freakzilla
8 posters

Go down

Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak) Empty Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak)

Post  freakzilla Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 pm

140= Kostya Tzsyu vs Manny Pacquaio
147= FMJ vs SRL
160= Bernard Hopkins vs Thomas Hearns
200= RJJ vs Evander Holyfield
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak) Empty Re: Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak)

Post  Rum Capital Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:54 pm

freakzilla wrote:140= Kostya Tzsyu vs Manny Pacquaio
147= FMJ vs SRL
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak) Empty Re: Who wins these fights? (Every fighter at his peak)

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:50 pm

140= Kostya Tzsyu vs Manny Pacquaio...a real barn burner...Pacquiao by late stoppage.
147= FMJ vs SRL....Ray tries to make it a fight....SRL by SD
160= Bernard Hopkins vs Thomas Hearns...if SRL could get to Tommy, B-Hop figures out a way to.
200= RJJ vs Evander Holyfield...oh man...are you kiddin' me?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Leonard stops Mayweather late after outclassing Floyd.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:38 pm

I'll take Manny over Kostya, but Tszyu is a very live dog.

Floyd has NO SHOT, none zero, nada against Ray Leonard. it is a straight beating as long as it lasts.

Again BHOP is a live dog but I think he doesn't punch enough (and never has) to win a decision and doesn't punch hard enough (and never has) to stop Hearns. The Cobra in a competitive decision.

Evander knocks Roy out inside five rounds. A terribly unfair matchup in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I'll take Manny over Kostya, but Tszyu is a very live dog.

Floyd has NO SHOT, none zero, nada against Ray Leonard. it is a straight beating as long as it lasts.

Again BHOP is a live dog but I think he doesn't punch enough (and never has) to win a decision and doesn't punch hard enough (and never has) to stop Hearns. The Cobra in a competitive decision.

Evander knocks Roy out inside five rounds. A terribly unfair matchup in my view.
I think Hearns' work rate works against him in this match up. If he tires just a little, Hop rocks him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:53 pm

140= Kostya Tzsyu vs Manny Pacquaio = Manny by late TKO
147= FMJ vs SRL = SRL by decision
160= Bernard Hopkins vs Thomas Hearns = Hopkins by late TKO
200= RJJ vs Evander Holyfield = Holyfield by devastating knockout

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:10 pm

147= FMJ vs SRL
Pac by late stoppage
Hearns by close decision (BHOP then bitches for a year)
Holyfield by KO in 4
Lenard by murder
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

I think Hearns' work rate works against him in this match up. If he tires just a little, Hop rocks him.

I sit there and say if Tommy Hearns could outbox Wilfredo Benitez for 15 rounds, he couldn't handle BHOP?

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Hearns by close decision (BHOP then bitches for a year)

Lolllllll
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

I sit there and say if Tommy Hearns could outbox Wilfredo Benitez for 15 rounds, he couldn't handle BHOP?
Well...the criteria was "at their peak" and I don't think Benitiz was prime when he fought Hearns. B-Hop in his prime would give any middleweight fits. It took a lightning fast Roy Jones to beat him and Tommy doesn't have that kind of speed of reflex. Now if Hearns came out banging ala the Hagler fight, Hop would be forced to fight back. That in itself would be interesting.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Well...the criteria was "at their peak" and I don't think Benitiz was prime when he fought Hearns. B-Hop in his prime would give any middleweight fits. It took a lightning fast Roy Jones to beat him and Tommy doesn't have that kind of speed of reflex. Now if Hearns came out banging ala the Hagler fight, Hop would be forced to fight back. That in itself would be interesting.

No way to know of course but at that point Benitez had won 6-7 in a row and was coming of his win over Duran. Only Leonard had defeated him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:17 pm

fantasy fights..oh well..pac in a hard ud.sooner ray doesnt murder floyd..its just manslaughter...hearns kos bo hop.i dont care for the jones hollifield match..a LH vs a heavy..or is it a lh vs a cruiser...or a middle vs a cruizer..

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 am

147= FMJ vs SRL

Leonard is too much of EVERYTHING for Floyd. SRL by one-punch KO in the first 90 seconds.

Hearns takes Hopkins O_U_T. Hopkins punches too litte and too soft for Hearns. Hopkins would try to make a brawl of it with dirty tactics and get James Schulered in about the 7th round.

I actually think this is the toughest fight on the list to pick. Pac, but dont sleep on Kostya.

Holyfield would have ZERO trouble with Jones. ZERO. Old Holyfield might have trouble finding RJJ, but PRIME Evander would vaporize, devestate, and disintegrate Jones.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:20 am

boxinglawyer wrote:
147= FMJ vs SRL

Leonard is too much of EVERYTHING for Floyd. SRL by one-punch KO in the first 90 seconds.

Hearns takes Hopkins O_U_T. Hopkins punches too litte and too soft for Hearns. Hopkins would try to make a brawl of it with dirty tactics and get James Schulered in about the 7th round.

I actually think this is the toughest fight on the list to pick. Pac, but dont sleep on Kostya.

Holyfield would have ZERO trouble with Jones. ZERO. Old Holyfield might have trouble finding RJJ, but PRIME Evander would vaporize, devestate, and disintegrate Jones.

You really think Hearns stops Hopkins ? I could see Leonard eventually stopping Floyd late but not withing seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:52 am

No reason for me to say anything.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 am

for me it's easy,in my uneducated opinion.fights 1,2 & 3 are decided as much o0n size as ability as on talent & heart.though fights 2 & 3 no matter the weight the results the same 8.5/10
kostya(fan),srl(not a big fan),hearns & commander(huge fan)

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Ali wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:
147= FMJ vs SRL

You really think Hearns stops Hopkins ? I could see Leonard eventually stopping Floyd late but not withing seconds.

Hopkins is a guy with an average chin and a great defense. Hearns was a GREAT puncher who hit EVERYONE he ever fought with a big punch at some point. I think he takes Hopkins out in highlight reel fashion.

The Leonard thing was an exaggeration, I think it would take a couple rounds. Then again, if an old, slow, Mosley can rock Floyd to his heels, a young prime Leonard might just kill him like he did Price.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 am

It's just hard too imagine Hopkins being knocked out cold at his natural weight, even picturing a legend like Hearns doing that seems ludicrous to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:19 am

Ali wrote:It's just hard too imagine Hopkins being knocked out cold at his natural weight, even picturing a legend like Hearns doing that seems ludicrous to me.
I agree I think BHOP's chin is excellent and his defense is amazing. It would be damn hard to KO him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:47 am

147= FMJ vs SRL
r
Pacquiao-better and faster
Leonard-naturally bigger and faster than Floyd.
Hopkins-not saying he is a better fighter than Tommy,but Hearns was at his best at JM.
Holyfield eventually wears down and stops Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down