The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Of Duty now a billion dollar franchise

3 posters

Go down

Call Of Duty now a billion dollar franchise Empty Re: Call Of Duty now a billion dollar franchise

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 pm

My guess is the profit margin after all the development, marketing and distribution on a successful video game is probably 60% plus.

Not too shabby a business.

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty now a billion dollar franchise Empty Re: Call Of Duty now a billion dollar franchise

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My guess is the profit margin after all the development, marketing and distribution on a successful video game is probably 60% plus.

Video games have really come a long way since I first hooked the SNES, alot of big actors and movie writers now make video games, they've almost become interactive movies.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 pm

What about games like Angry Birds and other mobile device driven games? Wonder how much they're worth.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:My guess is the profit margin after all the development, marketing and distribution on a successful video game is probably 60% plus.

Video games have really come a long way since I first hooked the SNES, alot of big actors and movie writers now make video games, they've almost become interactive movies.

Their allure escapes me entirely. But that's ok. A billion worth of buyers can't all be wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:What about games like Angry Birds and other mobile device driven games? Wonder how much they're worth.

Not a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 am

The thing with these videogames is that the price point is so high it kinda throws off the relative popularity. At $60 (or more) per unit that's five or six times more expensive than a movie ticket - meaning a blockbuster movie is still seen much more widely than any of these games, and therefore is actually more "popular".

Still, as a business they're doing pretty damn well.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Tobe wrote:The thing with these videogames is that the price point is so high it kinda throws off the relative popularity. At $60 (or more) per unit that's five or six times more expensive than a movie ticket - meaning a blockbuster movie is still seen much more widely than any of these games, and therefore is actually more "popular".

Gotta be some theory around about the "intensity" of the buyer willing to spend that 5-6x as much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe wrote:The thing with these videogames is that the price point is so high it kinda throws off the relative popularity. At $60 (or more) per unit that's five or six times more expensive than a movie ticket - meaning a blockbuster movie is still seen much more widely than any of these games, and therefore is actually more "popular".

Gotta be some theory around about the "intensity" of the buyer willing to spend that 5-6x as much.

Yeah, and to be fair they easily get 5 - 6x more entertainment hours (probably a lot more) out of that purchase than a movie ticket.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Tobe wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yeah, and to be fair they easily get 5 - 6x more entertainment hours (probably a lot more) out of that purchase than a movie ticket.

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:41 am

anybody that wants to get fucking demolished in hardcore team deathmatch my tag is D65thinfantry for the xbox 360
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:13 am

I am more of a demolition man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down