The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite breed of dog

+7
flapanther2001
Frank
dbudge
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your favorite breed of dog - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favorite breed of dog

Post  dbudge Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:When I lived in New Haven, Connecticut I found a Pit Bull puppy emaciated and shivering. She's 11 now and my Ex GF got her in the split. Great fun dog with loads of personality.

I want a Rhodesian Ridge Back.

i had a rhodesian ridge back but my dad gave her away Sad

my favourite dogs are English Bull Terriers. Mastiffs are nice too, my friend has one that weighs 16stone

Damn, now I gotta multiply! 16x14...carry the one...224 pounds. My Hannibal varied between that and about 240. It makes for one impressive animal doesn't it?

English Bull Terriers? Are those the ones with the heads like torpedoes, short legs and 110% muscle?

it is a very big dog!!! like you say, when they are stood on their hind legs you really get to appreciate the size of them. i'm led to believe that mastiffs were origninally bred for hunting lions. when my friend's mastiff jumps up at you and lays his paws on your shoulders and is staring you in the face with all it's weight pressed against you, that's when you realise how big an animal they really are.
About the English bull terriers, they are exactly like you said, which isn't a bad description for myself hahahaha. i'm an English bull terrier mwahahaha

dbudge

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite breed of dog - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favorite breed of dog

Post  Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:06 pm

A Mastiff killed a woman in England right before Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Ali wrote:A Mastiff killed a woman in England right before Christmas.

yeh crazy stuff. the police had to shoot the dog. sad stuff

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:29 pm

That as a BELGIAN mastiff. Different breed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

What's the difference ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

What's the difference ?

It's a different breed. It's like asking what'd the difference between an English Bulldog and an American one. Size is different, bodytype, coloring, temperment and purpose. The Englsih Mastiff was a war dog and then a protection and then finally they bred all the tough guy out of them and they became companion animals. A Belgian was a draught dog.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

What's the difference ?

It's a different breed. It's like asking what'd the difference between an English Bulldog and an American one. Size is different, bodytype, coloring, temperment and purpose. The Englsih Mastiff was a war dog and then a protection and then finally they bred all the tough guy out of them and they became companion animals. A Belgian was a draught dog.

English mastiffs are very soppy dogs. bull mastiffs which are smaller are soppy dogs too. English mastiffs i find have a very "Childlike" personality

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 pm

dbudge wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

What's the difference ?

English mastiffs are very soppy dogs. bull mastiffs which are smaller are soppy dogs too. English mastiffs i find have a very "Childlike" personality

LOL, stubborn and not too bright?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 am

My favorite Breed is Boxer they are one of he best guard dog, love there owner and very Comical too

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I love all dogs with the exception of pits. I believe they were bred for one thing & one thing only and that makes them dangerous to people. For every story somebody is gonna tell me about how they have or know of a "completely gentle, great with kids" pitbull, I can give you a dozen horror stories to the opposite. I have a 10 year old yellow lab/mastiff mix, but she looks pure lab. She's smart & sweet and would never hurt anybody. I've owned German Shepherds, Rotweillers, a Miniature Pinscher, mutts, Cocker-poos (my 1st wife's idea) an Irish Setter....I love 'em all.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 pm

dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:When I lived in New Haven, Connecticut I found a Pit Bull puppy emaciated and shivering. She's 11 now and my Ex GF got her in the split. Great fun dog with loads of personality.

I want a Rhodesian Ridge Back.

i had a rhodesian ridge back but my dad gave her away Sad

my favourite dogs are English Bull Terriers. Mastiffs are nice too, my friend has one that weighs 16stone

I currently have a Rhodesian Ridge Back. I love that dog, but man that dog is fast and likes to run. I've also had two Pit/Lab mixes that were the sweetest dogs ever.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I love all dogs with the exception of pits. I believe they were bred for one thing & one thing only and that makes them dangerous to people. For every story somebody is gonna tell me about how they have or know of a "completely gentle, great with kids" pitbull, I can give you a dozen horror stories to the opposite. I have a 10 year old yellow lab/mastiff mix, but she looks pure lab. She's smart & sweet and would never hurt anybody. I've owned German Shepherds, Rotweillers, a Miniature Pinscher, mutts, Cocker-poos (my 1st wife's idea) an Irish Setter....I love 'em all.

+1 on the pits

I cannot understand why people get defensive about them. They are bred for fighting. I don't blame the dogs but I wouldn't own one either. I don't bears or big cats for attacking people but I wouldn't have one as a pet either.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 am

GrantZilla wrote:A buddy of mine got a Great Dane. It's still a pup but already huge. Problem is, he thinks he's a lap dog. There is nothing funnier then seeing this huge dog sitting on his tiny gilrfriend's lap

Looks like this
What's your favorite breed of dog - Page 2 MichelleFFDER
I'm a dog lover so I'm not changing the subject, but who's the babe, Grant?

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I love all dogs with the exception of pits. I believe they were bred for one thing & one thing only and that makes them dangerous to people. For every story somebody is gonna tell me about how they have or know of a "completely gentle, great with kids" pitbull, I can give you a dozen horror stories to the opposite. I have a 10 year old yellow lab/mastiff mix, but she looks pure lab. She's smart & sweet and would never hurt anybody. I've owned German Shepherds, Rotweillers, a Miniature Pinscher, mutts, Cocker-poos (my 1st wife's idea) an Irish Setter....I love 'em all.

+1 on the pits

I cannot understand why people get defensive about them. They are bred for fighting. I don't blame the dogs but I wouldn't own one either. I don't bears or big cats for attacking people but I wouldn't have one as a pet either.
My roommate brought one home, 6 month old female. The first time she got out of the house she sprinted for a neighbor's cat & killed it. Every day after that she tried to get out of the yard to kill again. It is instinctual, they cannot help it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 pm

I've been around a lot of pits and have never had a problem with them and I would have no qualms about owning one. I believe in the saying that there are no bad dogs just bad owners. I've been around a lot of dogs and have been bitten twice, once by a dalmatian and once by a rottweiler. I don't go around saying that all dalmatian or rotts are dangerous. Any dog can be dangerous in the wrong situations.

Pits are a breed of dog that need owners with experience in training dogs. The problem is that a lot of douchebags who don't know what they are doing get them because they think it's cool. They then end up neglecting them or not breaking them of certain habbits. I know I wont change any minds on pits and I don't plan on getting in an argument about them either, but they are great dogs for a responsible owner.

EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 am

Yellow labs for me. Mine is about 10 1/2-11 years old now.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 am

Frank wrote: dog lover so I'm not changing the subject, but who's the babe, Grant?

Big dogs and single chicks freak me out. When ever I see a chick walking a big dog I think, "Wow, they're gonna go home and have a blast with a jar of Skippy."
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite breed of dog - Page 2 Empty Which Game your Dogs Loves

Post  alangrylls55 Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:40 am

What breed dog do you have, how old is it? And what are the Game your dog loves to play.
I have Labrador 2 Years he loves to play fetch, he also love to seek his treats which I hide at different places

alangrylls55

http://www.all4petsmart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2