The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human

+7
Tobe
Frank
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Groundhog
captainanddew
bird
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human Empty Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Im sorry, the guy drops two losses in a row to Jermain Taylor, seems over the hill and done, goes to Light Heavyweight destroys Antonio Tarver, ends Winky Wright as a contender, toys with Kelly Pavlik, has a close bout wtih Calzaghe, beats Roy Jones Jr, and draws (bullshit draw) with Jean Pascal.

That was all done after 40. That is nuts.

Last night it was blind as day that the first knockdown was a punch to the back of the head, I dont know how the ref fucked that up. But he did. I had the bout scored 113-113 Hopkins winning 8 rounds to 4. It was that damn knockdown that wasnt a knockdown that cost Hopkins the fight. Even more frustrating was Hopkins was WINNING that first round until that happened.

Just when it looked like Pascal had it figured out; move, move, move jump in and attack, get out and keep moving, he started to pose in front of Hopkins and not let his hands go. Just when I thought Hopkins was truly beginning to show his age and was having trouble pulling the trigger; he steps it up, stalks Pascal, does some nasty bodywork and roughs the younger Pascal up.

Pascal can claim some kind of victory cause he has his titles but Bernard Hopkins is 45 and once again the best Light Heavyweight in the world. Who would have thought that. (PS I think I was one of the only people who was happy when this fight was announced and picked BHop)

bird

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human Empty Re: Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:21 pm

how is it going Bird?

I scored the fight for BHOP. Win lose or draw, most of his performances at age 40 and above have been a marvel. He has proven to be one for the ages.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:23 pm

doing good just got done with finals and literally woke up 30 minutes ago from a hard ngiht of vodka and zanax

needed to dull the pain cause I just watched BHop make history.... or did I

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm

I still cannot figure out how BHOP convinced Pascal to stop moving and stand close to him. But somehow he got it done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Hopkins and Couture should join forces to release a Fountain of Youth protein shake in 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Ali wrote:Hopkins and Couture should join forces to release a Fountain of Youth protein shake in 2011.
I'd buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

completely agree marble it was somewhere around round 4 or 5 that I as like shit Pascal might have BHop figured out, then out of no where, he stopped doing damn near everything that was working

I really think those bodyshots played a big role in that Hopkins went to the body like a man possessed.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:48 pm

bird wrote:I really think those bodyshots played a big role in that Hopkins went to the body like a man possessed.

There is no doubt about that. The bodyshots hurt Pascal and neutralized his one dimensional attack.

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 pm

I dont know what round it was but one body shot literally lifted Pascal, it was impressive. Man BHOp is a freak I want to see him fight Haye

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm

bird wrote:I dont know what round it was but one body shot literally lifted Pascal, it was impressive. Man BHOp is a freak I want to see him fight Haye

Would Bernard really be able to make it competitive ? I know Haye isn't that technically sound but he'd be too much for Hopkins at that weight and age.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:29 pm

HEY BIRD great too see you here...fantastic.lets call hopkins 46 a few weeks away no big deal..he fought his best action fight in years..

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I knew something was gonna go off after Paulie got a stoppage lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Groundhog wrote:I knew something was gonna go off after Paulie got a stoppage lol

Just imagine if Cyclops and Hopkins combined forces.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

bird wrote:completely agree marble it was somewhere around round 4 or 5 that I as like shit Pascal might have BHop figured out, then out of no where, he stopped doing damn near everything that was working

I really think those bodyshots played a big role in that Hopkins went to the body like a man possessed.

Could be. But wasn't BHOP able to land those shots because Pascal got close? I dunno. Gotta go watch it again.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Thing is, I'm not at all shocked at the outcome of the fight. I never thought much of Pascal really. His win over Dawson, in my eyes, was more of a lack of effort by Dawson, than Pascal being the better fighter. I still don't know what Dawson was waiting for. B-Hop is easily the smartest fighter alive (and possibly since Ray Leonard), so it's no surprise that he was able to figure out, and then stymie a limited fighter like Pascal. Not trying to take anything away from Pascal, but his resume' is spotty, he was schooled by Froch, and he might need a bit more experience on the big stage. Bernard always figures out a way to keep it close.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Thing is, I'm not at all shocked at the outcome of the fight. I never thought much of Pascal really. His win over Dawson, in my eyes, was more of a lack of effort by Dawson, than Pascal being the better fighter. I still don't know what Dawson was waiting for. B-Hop is easily the smartest fighter alive (and possibly since Ray Leonard), so it's no surprise that he was able to figure out, and then stymie a limited fighter like Pascal. Not trying to take anything away from Pascal, but his resume' is spotty, he was schooled by Froch, and he might need a bit more experience on the big stage. Bernard always figures out a way to keep it close.

While I wasn't shocked either it was still riveting to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:12 pm

How much better does this make Calzaghe look. BHOP continues to make Calzaghe's legacy much better.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:How much better does this make Calzaghe look. BHOP continues to make Calzaghe's legacy much better.

Joe slappin up those hypothetical wins!

Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human Calzaghe-s-angry-penguin-o

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Thing is, I'm not at all shocked at the outcome of the fight. I never thought much of Pascal really. His win over Dawson, in my eyes, was more of a lack of effort by Dawson, than Pascal being the better fighter. I still don't know what Dawson was waiting for. B-Hop is easily the smartest fighter alive (and possibly since Ray Leonard), so it's no surprise that he was able to figure out, and then stymie a limited fighter like Pascal. Not trying to take anything away from Pascal, but his resume' is spotty, he was schooled by Froch, and he might need a bit more experience on the big stage. Bernard always figures out a way to keep it close.

While I wasn't shocked either it was still riveting to watch.
+1
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:How much better does this make Calzaghe look. BHOP continues to make Calzaghe's legacy much better.

That win looks bigger and bigger doesn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Groundhog wrote:

Joe slappin up those hypothetical wins!

Bernard Hopkins Is Not Human Calzaghe-s-angry-penguin-o

A little different I think. This is about properly weighting an actual win Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:03 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

That win looks bigger and bigger doesn't it?

Yes it does.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:56 pm

I personally thought Hopkins turned aggressor he chased ascal into the ropes alot and caught Pascal jus standing still posing, when that would happen Hopkins would bull rush in, you could see Hopkins trying to tie Pascal coming in in the first 4 rounds and it lead to Pascal flailing around the ring being off balance when Hopkins would duck him. Pascal stopped doing that by the 6th and it played a big part in Hopkins turning aggressor and dominating IMO.

Calzaghes win looks good ya, but I honestly think this Hopkins was better than the BHop that fought Calzaghe, vs Calzaghe Hopkins hit a wall and still damn near won the fight. Vs Pascal when it came time to hit the wall Hopkins started stalking, pressing the action and outlanding Pascal.

Pascal beat Diacounu and Dawson. No way was Pascal overrated entering this fight.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 am

bird wrote:I personally thought Hopkins turned aggressor he chased ascal into the ropes alot and caught Pascal jus standing still posing, when that would happen Hopkins would bull rush in, you could see Hopkins trying to tie Pascal coming in in the first 4 rounds and it lead to Pascal flailing around the ring being off balance when Hopkins would duck him. Pascal stopped doing that by the 6th and it played a big part in Hopkins turning aggressor and dominating IMO.

Calzaghes win looks good ya, but I honestly think this Hopkins was better than the BHop that fought Calzaghe, vs Calzaghe Hopkins hit a wall and still damn near won the fight. Vs Pascal when it came time to hit the wall Hopkins started stalking, pressing the action and outlanding Pascal.

Pascal beat Diacounu and Dawson. No way was Pascal overrated entering this fight.

Remind me again who Diacounu beat?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:33 am

Hypothetically Joe's now beaten Carl Froch and David Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next