The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal...

+3
Tobe
dbudge
freakzilla
7 posters

Go down

Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal... Empty Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal...

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal and ruin the Chad Dawson and Pascal fight because TV isn’t going to want to buy that mess. You have two losers fighting each other. For what?"

Full Interview-

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26265&more=1
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal... Empty Re: Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal...

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 pm

even though Carl Froch "exposed" Pascal when they met in 2008?? i love the word "exposed" when it gets used in boxing. Hopkins is a legend in the boxing ring, considering it was a really close fight that most scored as a draw, i fail to see how Hopkins "exposed" anyone. If Hopkins is so sure of himself he should go fight Chad and clear "the mess" up once and for all or is there something i'm forgetting here???

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal... Empty Re: Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal...

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 pm

dbudge wrote:even though Carl Froch "exposed" Pascal when they met in 2008?? i love the word "exposed" when it gets used in boxing. Hopkins is a legend in the boxing ring, considering it was a really close fight that most scored as a draw, i fail to see how Hopkins "exposed" anyone. If Hopkins is so sure of himself he should go fight Chad and clear "the mess" up once and for all or is there something i'm forgetting here???

I agree. Hopkins didn't "expose" anything. He fought a great fight and needed to, as he nearly got KO'd by this fairly raw young guy. Everyone knows Pascal still has a lot of room for improvement, the draw with a legend hardly "ruins" any future prospects for him.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:40 pm

the only think hopkins exposed is the fact that hes a whining idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm

"Exposed" is most played out, mis-used word in boxing right now
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 pm

dmar5143 wrote:the only think hopkins exposed is the fact that hes a whining idiot.

+1 Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 pm

freakzilla wrote:Bernard Hopkins: "What I did is just expose Pascal and ruin the Chad Dawson and Pascal fight because TV isn’t going to want to buy that mess. You have two losers fighting each other. For what?"

Full Interview-

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26265&more=1
If it was anyone but BHOP saying this I would agree with him. But since its him bitching some more I say "FUCK YOU BHOP."
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:31 am

Benard Hopkins. The thing that won't go away. By the way, if he would just "shut the fuck up" people would compliment him until he was red in the face.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:53 pm

You all are crazy this is a fantastic article. Absolutely love the detail in which he breaks down the fight. A couple of good quotes:

"What I wanted to prove is that I had a lot riding in this fight and I was written off at the end of the Roy Jones fight and I wanted to show you all that I still have greatness in me. When I say it, then it comes off kind of brag-docious and when I say it becomes kind of cocky, so I’d rather for others to say it but I’m going to tell you. I’ll say it with honesty and I’ll say it with sincerity—I’m cut from a different cloth. I’m not of this world of boxers today. Not that they’re bad, not that they’re not tough, but I’m from the old school. I’m from the old school of boxing. Remember all the old school teachers I had—the Bouie Fishers, the Nazim Richardsons even though he’s not too far older than I am. I mean in prison I had a lot of old trainers and I just say to everyone, and it’s like I’m pleasing [sic] with people to understand—enjoy me while I’m here!"

"You got to remember I’m not a George Foreman or a heavyweight fighter where I can stand there in one spot and just bang a guy. I got to have reflexes. I got to have my ring savvy. I got to have some kind of punching power to get respect. I got to have all of the things that a small man’s got to do in a light heavyweight body and still be on top of my game fighting guys that are 19, 20, and 25 years younger than me ya’ll. Again, I’m not saying you all are doing this. I’m just speaking in general. I won’t be denied. I can’t be denied, and anybody that tries to do that they are my biggest motivators. I wouldn’t be here without them. I wouldn’t be here without half of the media. I wouldn’t be here without the doubters. I thrive off that. Being the underdog and going to Canada, I’ll go to Africa to fight if I got to fight there. If that’s what I got to do I don’t care. That’s my style. That’s my heart. I don’t care. I survived death. I survived the penitentiary. I survived the mean streets of Philadelphia. Who do I fear?—another guy like me! That’s who I fear! I fear if I run in the ring and I run into another guy like me, because I know my life would be over, because I’d know what this guy is thinking and I’d know what he’s been through. To fight another me, carbon copy, A to Z—I’m afraid of that. That’s who I’m afraid of. My biggest fear is to run into a guy who’s got the same mentality that I got."

"My fights are not always exciting so I understand based on that, but I’m a technical fighter and I was told by the old school to hit and not get hit. I know we live in a blood and guts society today and I know that the UFC has raised the bar for a certain type of blood and guts that people want to see. I’m a fighter who wants to be able to go to school tomorrow to my daughter’s Christmas party and not embarrass her when her teacher says to me, “Bernard, good fight” and I say “Thanks” and she doesn’t even know what I’m saying. I am sorry ya’ll if I have to do that, but if I got to show my moxie, if I got to show my guts, if I got to show my heart, if I got to show my determination, and in spite of the fact I don’t have to do it anymore on this level, then somewhere in your brain and your mind and your soul you got to say, you know what—this guy is a multimillionaire. We heard that he’s safe with everything he does. He must love this to fight the way he did Saturday. I mean do I got to kill somebody in the ring for people to say, “You know what, B-Hop I might not like you with the hood, I might not like how you fought all the time, I might not like how you said certain things at certain fights that were disrespectful, but you damn sure have guts”, and that’s what I want my tombstone to say other than my name."
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down