The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTES FROM BHOP PASCAL

2 posters

Go down

NOTES FROM BHOP PASCAL Empty NOTES FROM BHOP PASCAL

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Here are some notes I took while watching the fight to the extent anybody cares

Round 1-Pascal forcing BHOP to lead. BHOP can't win with these tactics. BIG right hand by Pascal. Another and BHOP is down! Good call by ref. BHOP turned so that the only place Pascal could hit him was behind the ear. 10-8 Pascal

Round 2-Pascal still making BHOP lead. Pascal activity level same as it was with Dawson, no improvement. BHOP begins jabbing more. Pascal's athleticism telling. 10-9 Pascal

Round 3-The old 2-3, straight right-left hook, is working for Pascal. As the round goes on BHOP is somehow getting Pascal to stay in contact and the distance is now more to BHOP's liking. A 2-3-3 drops Hopkins at round end. Up til then BHOP's best round. Pascal 10-8. BHOP already looks like he's gonna need a KO.

Round 4-Pascal REALLY doesn't like being hit to the body. Left hook to the body is getting BHOP back into the fight. I think that was another knockdown for Pascal, but the ref says no. If these rounds were 30 seconds shorter BHOP would have won three of them already. But he's been in trouble late in every round. Hopkins bodywork takes the round. 10-9 BHOP.

Round 5- BHOP now almost predatory with the bodywork! Close round. BHOP 10-9.

Round 6-Hopkins has now made this HIS fight. The distance, pace and tactics driving it are his. BHOP loading up! Pascal in retreat again but this time not of his choice. BHOP 10-9.

Round 7-BHOP ON THE ATTACK! Left hook to the body, right to the head. Pascal overreacting to feints. Pascal has stopped punching. Sensations round for BHOP! 10-9.

Round 8-Pascual gets back to early tactics. Circling and firing the right hand-left hook. Close round. Pascal 10-9

Round 9-BHOP stalking. BHOP STALKING? Yup. BHOP stalking. Fearless in pursuit. He seems to have broken Pascal mentally. 10-9 Hopkins.

Round 10-BHOP asserting himself again as round 8 seems to have been an abberation. 10-9 Hopkins. Amazingly I have the fight even aftewr ten rounds!

Round 11-BHOP RIPPING shots to the body! Who IS this guy? 10-9 Hopkins.

Round 12-HOPKINS GOING FOR THE FINISH! Pascal counterpunching very effectively. BHOP rushing, Pascal countering. In a close round Pascal gets it done 10-9 Pascal.

I have it a draw but Hopkins was MAGNIFICENT!

Back to top Go down

NOTES FROM BHOP PASCAL Empty Re: NOTES FROM BHOP PASCAL

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Although it made it a closer round than many of the previous ones, I LOVED BHop going all out in the 12th. He didn't trust the judges to give him a decision and only got the draw with winning the 12th round. BHop was actually so aggressive he was wild in the 12th Laughing . Another lesson for younger fighters from BHop: don't trust judges.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:06 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Although it made it a closer round than many of the previous ones, I LOVED BHop going all out in the 12th. He didn't trust the judges to give him a decision and only got the draw with winning the 12th round. BHop was actually so aggressive he was wild in the 12th Laughing . Another lesson for younger fighters from BHop: don't trust judges.

I understand what you and he thought, but I thought his being wild and vulnerable to Pascal's counterpunching cost him the round.

But there's reason 237 that He's a HOF fighter and I babble about HOF fighters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I understand what you and he thought, but I thought his being wild and vulnerable to Pascal's counterpunching cost him the round.

But there's reason 237 that He's a HOF fighter and I babble about HOF fighters.

that's what I saw too. he went wild but landed nothing of note. Pascal landed a couple of hard hooks which won him the round on my score card.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 pm

I guess I always want a fighter to be aggressive in the final round of a close fight that he will probably not get the decision.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I guess I always want a fighter to be aggressive in the final round of a close fight that he will probably not get the decision.

Aggrressive I agree with. BHOP was out of control. I want measured aggression.

But if the judges awarded BHOP round 12? Then I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Hopkins won that 12th round in my opinon simply because he was busy, on the attack, and guys he landed some shots that round, Pascal was running for the most part and landed 1 or 2 solid shots during that wrestling match of a 12th round

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down