The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24/7 For Bhop vs Pascal?

3 posters

Go down

24/7 For Bhop vs Pascal? Empty 24/7 For Bhop vs Pascal?

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 am

I always believed this show was made for guys like PBF, a young Mike Tyson and even a pre tito BHOP. Now I just don't how REAL Bhop would be on the show. He has so many agendas now, how I wish they had 24/7 for Bhop vs Tito back in '01!! Do you think HBO will do a show for this fight? Ring 175lb championship on the line a "ring legend" in Bernard Hopkins and Pascal gets exposure to the general public!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

24/7 For Bhop vs Pascal? Empty Re: 24/7 For Bhop vs Pascal?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am

nano212 wrote:I always believed this show was made for guys like PBF, a young Mike Tyson and even a pre tito BHOP. Now I just don't how REAL Bhop would be on the show. He has so many agendas now, how I wish they had 24/7 for Bhop vs Tito back in '01!! Do you think HBO will do a show for this fight? Ring 175lb championship on the line a "ring legend" in Bernard Hopkins and Pascal gets exposure to the general public!

Respectly nano, I hope the fuck not, I've seen all of Hopkins I want to see, and Pascal just isn't all that interesting, save 24/7 for mega fights, Pascal-Hopkins II, really doesn't qualify.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 am

nano212 wrote:I always believed this show was made for guys like PBF, a young Mike Tyson and even a pre tito BHOP. Now I just don't how REAL Bhop would be on the show. He has so many agendas now, how I wish they had 24/7 for Bhop vs Tito back in '01!! Do you think HBO will do a show for this fight? Ring 175lb championship on the line a "ring legend" in Bernard Hopkins and Pascal gets exposure to the general public!

24/7 no because that's usually reserved for big PPV's, however a Countdown for Hopkins vs Pascal would be great, especially since that way HBO could show highlights from the first fight which was on Showtime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 am

they had a countdown for pavlik hopkins. I think that's the last countdown they did for any fight.

I was upset they didn't do one for Bradley/Alexander (ok maybe not too upset cause the fight wasn't great), and they're doing jack shit to promote Donaire/Montiel even tho that's a guaranteed good fight.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 am

Here's the thing. Promoters are the ones that pay for 24/7, not HBO. And I beleive they pay for Countdowns too.

Why 24/7 are reserved for PPVs, because they are expensive, and promoter not going to spend a million plus bucks for a fight only getting a mill or two in licence fees.

However, one ways Showtime, once again showing how can think outside box, lured Arum in for Pac fight was not only offer Fight Camp on 360 on CBS, but to give Arum the add money for the slot if can sell the add time.

Basicaly Arum will pay for Fight Camp, but will re-coup the money with add revenue.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down