The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC orders rematch of Pascal vs Hopkins

+4
Diego408
captainanddew
GrantZilla
freakzilla
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WBC orders rematch of Pascal vs Hopkins - Page 2 Empty Re: WBC orders rematch of Pascal vs Hopkins

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:A: Pascal didn't seem at all unhappy with the verdict....
B: Pascal and or Non B-Hop fans didn't seem too upset either.
C: I think a 13th round in Title fights would settle a lot of things. It works in every other sport. Even wrestling has overtime & tie breakers. Why not Boxing?

A) Pascal made statements to the press that he felt he won and was unhappy with the draw. Look it up if you don't believe me.

B) Perhaps non-Bhop fans weren't upset by the decision because they were objective, and not swept up in the potential for Bernard's historic achievement. I'll take the sober judgement of a non-fan over the breathless "Hop was robbed by them canucks" proclamation of a BHop fan. The score is done on a round by round basis, not by how awesome Bhop looked.

Back to top Go down

WBC orders rematch of Pascal vs Hopkins - Page 2 Empty Re: WBC orders rematch of Pascal vs Hopkins

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:34 pm

bird wrote:bullshit Hopkins cant draw anything

all I heard was a bunch of canadians yelling "HOPKINS HOPKINS HOPKINS HOPKINS" the entire fight, Pascal looked like he wanted to cry when the decision was announced, he got embarrassed by a 45 year old man on his turf, and no one thought he won

Hopkins won 8 or 9 rounds easy

Not a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:05 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Canvas wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Canvas wrote:Hauser's rant and score were out to lunch. Cliff Rold scored it a sensible 113-113 draw.
Seriously....when you're that happy with a draw, you know you lost that fight. Just the fact that Hop had one card with him winning & two draws, he should have some say in the rematch negotiations. But I will say this......this kind of fight deserves a 13th round!!!!!!!!!

Who is "that happy with a draw" ? Who are you talking about ? I don't think Pascal was happy to have a draw.
A: Pascal didn't seem at all unhappy with the verdict....
B: Pascal and or Non B-Hop fans didn't seem too upset either.
C: I think a 13th round in Title fights would settle a lot of things. It works in every other sport. Even wrestling has overtime & tie breakers. Why not Boxing?

In my view it is simply too dangerous given the nature of the sport. Two exhausted guys sell out in the final round of a close fight, then there's a five minute break while cards are tabulated and the ring is full of people and then we're gonna go one more? Somebody is gonna get hurt.

Draws don't bother me.
The scorecards can tabulated prior to the final round so the judges will know if a draw is imminent. Then, if the fighter that needs the 12th wins it, they can call for the 13th round right away...nobody's gonna die over this.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:26 pm

they use to have 15 round fights and draws did occur..lets except a draw verdit justified or not..we have a extra round and what if the results still a draw..then round 14 same result then what rounds 15 or 16...lets accept that a draw can happen.its been around for many decades..either that if a fight ends in a draw there is no extra round just a fight to the finish..ill vote to keep it like it is..even though a draw to many boxing fans is like kissing your sister.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Typical Canvas, all kissing butt to the non US fighter. Course you had Pascal winning

Pascal got outworked and out punched by 46 year old Hopkins. Pascal landed more significant punches in only 3 rounds, after that Hops landed the more significant ones to the body that took the fight out of Pascal.

Yeah, Pascal sure looked like The Champ at the end of the 12th round as he was cowering in his corner.

Funny, where was your anger at Froch bitching about only fighting in nuetral sites after he lost to Kessler.
right here. just one of the several threads I started or posted in on the topic: http://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t5112-froch-being-a-pain-in-the-ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Canvas wrote:actually, no he's not. he didn't win. the scores were perfectly acceptable. Hopkins is the challenger. he can't draw flies to shit. he has absolutely no leverage to make demands. says he won't fight in Quebec again.

Pascal is the champion of the world. retains his championship with the draw(I had him winning the fight)... sells out arenas...and can tell the corrupt WBC to screw themselves, as he'll be the legit world champion with or without their worthless trinket.
+1000
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2