The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

random Thoughts on HBO

+3
Gumby
kbyte
hardcorebee24
7 posters

Go down

random Thoughts on HBO Empty random Thoughts on HBO

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:51 am

I'm working off an IPAD so please ignore typos etc.

-the Peterson brothers have really gotten hosed by the day before weigh-in crap. If Peterson and Ortiz were within 2-3 pounds of one another Peterson knocks him out.

-I had the fight a draw

-Ortiz is a technically horrendous fighter. no ability to judge distance, no ability to roll with a punch etc.

-Both Peterson and Ortiz have put to bed questions about their heart.

-99 percent of the time I think bitching about refs is crap. NOT TONIGHT. Joe Cortez was an abomination. Fighters are allowed to fight inside Joe! When one arm is free let them fight Joe! And he was waaaaaaay too physical with both fighters. Amir Kanh needs to send Cortez a Check.

-I had the fight 113-113 before the point deduction.

-Amir Kahn showed resolve, power, athleticism, speed and improvement. But man does he do a lot of things wrong. Excessive movement without purpose. He should cut the movement in half and learn to counter. In stead of three steps, take 1.5 steps and PUNCH! He has simply no clue what to do along the ropes, just none. His balance when he tires gives way fast He showed heart tonight, but he is really, really vulnerable. Freddie Roach has a lot more work to do here. Having said that Kahn has miles and miles of potential.

-Maidana is simply a brawling badass. The round he took off cost him the fight. Credit Kahn for making him do that. His attitude and punching will always keep him in a fight. But he only has one way to win. Fitness and heavy hands are his judges.

Back to top Go down

random Thoughts on HBO Empty Re: random Thoughts on HBO

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 am

Welcome back Marble.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 am

I Pad eyyy??? Early Christmas present?

Agree with most of what you said. Just got finished typing that Khan has the best Jab Cross combo in the game right now. It's fast and pcks power. He does take too many steps back without firing, this possibly because he's scared to leave that right hand out there and catch a counter left that flattens him.

Maidana is a fucking badass. Way better boxer each time he gets in the ring. Does not make the same mistake twice. Learns from each fight and has the heart of a Lion. He's a great great fighter to watch. There needs to be a rematch very soon.

Ortiz just blew his chances at anything major and both Khan and Maidana would both beat the tar out of him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 am

Maidana is the definition of badass. He made a lot of fans tonight. Kudos to Khan too. He has guts and heart.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:05 am

ortiz is not in there league at all.a kahn bradley etc etc..yep kahn against the ropes is pathetic and i agree joe cortez stunk as usual.if i managed a fighter cortez would not ref his fights.he pushed fighters hard and i was hoping they both would pop him one...why did kahn stop working the body..he threw some shots yes but i thought he found a weak spot there and gave up on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 am

dmar5143 wrote:ortiz is not in there league at all.a kahn bradley etc etc..yep kahn against the ropes is pathetic and i agree joe cortez stunk as usual.if i managed a fighter cortez would not ref his fights.he pushed fighters hard and i was hoping they both would pop him one...why did kahn stop working the body..he threw some shots yes but i thought he found a weak spot there and gave up on it.

Because when one goes to the body they take a few upstairs. I think if Khan had gone to the body more he would have been staring at the lights not celebrating a victory.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 am

if you stand upright like kahn then ill agree..freddie better show him how to dip a little and dig in that body..geez exspecialy after to drop a guy who was weak for a while after beating the count..

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:18 am

dmar5143 wrote:if you stand upright like kahn then ill agree..freddie better show him how to dip a little and dig in that body..geez exspecialy after to drop a guy who was weak for a while after beating the count..

He should have gone right back to the body after the KD and not tried for the glamorous KO. A little bobbing would do Khan some justice. He's also slow in putting the right hand back to his cheek after he throws a punch. Elbows in and Hands up!!!!! Jeez!!! I honestly thought he broke Maidana's rib at that point. I would have gone right back to the body. Khan throws great power shots and admires them, he doesn't get back to a defensive position fast enough.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 am

what happened to mike buffer.he lose his job..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am

dmar5143 wrote:what happened to mike buffer.he lose his job..

K2 paid him to announce the Wlad vs Chisora fight, he either stayed in Germany or didn't want to work with jetlagg.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:25 am

I'll be the first to say Ortiz looked good tonight. He fought terribly, but if he comes in at 150 he'll be extremely tough for anyone to deal with. I'd like him in a Maidana rematch although I have a feeling Oscar wants to feed him to Alvarez for betraying him by losing.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:I Pad eyyy??? Early Christmas present?

Agree with most of what you said. Just got finished typing that Khan has the best Jab Cross combo in the game right now. It's fast and pcks power. He does take too many steps back without firing, this possibly because he's scared to leave that right hand out there and catch a counter left that flattens him.

Maidana is a fucking badass. Way better boxer each time he gets in the ring. Does not make the same mistake twice. Learns from each fight and has the heart of a Lion. He's a great great fighter to watch. There needs to be a rematch very soon.

Ortiz just blew his chances at anything major and both Khan and Maidana would both beat the tar out of him.

he means this.

random Thoughts on HBO 030113.ancient.stone.tablet

Anyway Ortiz didn't look good at all. Peterson couldn't miss with the left hook.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Groundhog wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I Pad eyyy??? Early Christmas present?

he means this.

THAT was funny!

random Thoughts on HBO 030113.ancient.stone.tablet

Anyway Ortiz didn't look good at all. Peterson couldn't miss with the left hook.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:17 pm

I can't beleive they let Vuvuzela into fight. Not only annoying, but it's un-American. NFL won't let clowns bring them in.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I'm working off an IPAD so please ignore typos etc.

-the Peterson brothers have really gotten hosed by the day before weigh-in crap. If Peterson and Ortiz were within 2-3 pounds of one another Peterson knocks him out.

-I had the fight a draw

-Ortiz is a technically horrendous fighter. no ability to judge distance, no ability to roll with a punch etc.

-Both Peterson and Ortiz have put to bed questions about their heart.

-99 percent of the time I think bitching about refs is crap. NOT TONIGHT. Joe Cortez was an abomination. Fighters are allowed to fight inside Joe! When one arm is free let them fight Joe! And he was waaaaaaay too physical with both fighters. Amir Kanh needs to send Cortez a Check.

-I had the fight 113-113 before the point deduction.

-Amir Kahn showed resolve, power, athleticism, speed and improvement. But man does he do a lot of things wrong. Excessive movement without purpose. He should cut the movement in half and learn to counter. In stead of three steps, take 1.5 steps and PUNCH! He has simply no clue what to do along the ropes, just none. His balance when he tires gives way fast He showed heart tonight, but he is really, really vulnerable. Freddie Roach has a lot more work to do here. Having said that Kahn has miles and miles of potential.

-Maidana is simply a brawling badass. The round he took off cost him the fight. Credit Kahn for making him do that. His attitude and punching will always keep him in a fight. But he only has one way to win. Fitness and heavy hands are his judges.

+100000000

Joe Cortez needs to be retired
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I can't beleive they let Vuvuzela into fight. Not only annoying, but it's un-American. NFL won't let clowns bring them in.

they welcomed anybody/anything they could
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:07 pm

I was pretty pissed at Cortez too. Khan was holding one arm & Maidana was pounding him with the other. Why would Cortez break them up? He truly gave Khan an advantage last night. Ortiz let me down again even though I had it scored for him, albeit closely. Peterson did not impress me at all & he needs to shut up & box...he's annoying. Did anybody feel that Yohnny Perez got old over night? Maybe it was the back to back to back wars taking its toll on him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down