The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire?

+3
captainanddew
gomez1012
Diego408
7 posters

Go down

Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire? Empty Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire?

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Nonito Donaire wasted Vladimir Sidorenko like he was some bum off the streets. VS is a very durable opponent and was simply embarrassed. I have bashed Donaire for his weak level of opposition (mostly do to Arum), but the kid is probably one of the best fighters in the world. He has skill, speed and power. He maybe really highly rated in the p4p Ring rankings, but he'll put up his own arguement against Montiel in Feb for it. All I know is this fight isnt going 12.

Montiel struggles againt taller fighters. Valdez almost knocked him out last year, he lost to Gonzalez (because of activity), was getting beat by Hasegawa until he landed that sharpe double left. If Donaires untested chin can hold up to Montiel Left Hook, he will win. He going to punish Montiel in the fight, but it all depends how Donaire takes a punch. Donaire is so agressive in fights, at many times he leaves his opponents to land some very good counter shots and thats what I believe will keep Montiel in the fight. Donaires agresiveness hasnt worked against him yet because he hasnt fought anyone good enough to exploit it yet, Montiel is that fighter. i see both guys going down. This will be a great fight!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire? Empty Re: Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire?

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Will it actually happen is the question
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire? Empty Re: Any new thoughts on Nonito Donaire?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

I never did understand why Donaire didn't fight Darchinyan again, I would have loved see 'ole Vic getting cold cocked again.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Ring wrote:I never did understand why Donaire didn't fight Darchinyan again, I would have loved see 'ole Vic getting cold cocked again.

top rank really has done a disservice to Donaire. After beating Darchinyan they should have done alot better with him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:38 am

No new thoughts. He's still incredible. After Montiel I hope he takes on Vasquez then moves to 126.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 am

Agree with OP. My main gripe with Donaire is that his competition has not been that great since Starching the Darch. Donaire is a big little man in his division. He has considerable size along with excellent power and decent skills to go with all of that. Montiel is in for the fight of his life. They both are. I expect multiple knockdowns in a war.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Groundhog wrote:Agree with OP. My main gripe with Donaire is that his competition has not been that great since Starching the Darch. Donaire is a big little man in his division. He has considerable size along with excellent power and decent skills to go with all of that. Montiel is in for the fight of his life. They both are. I expect multiple knockdowns in a war.

I think Montiel counters him and might KO him like he did Hasegawa

Donaire was getting hit by that Tiny Mexicano on Showtime
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Darchinyan is a bitch ass midget that pussied out of the rematch several times, that's why.
My thoughts on Nonito Donaire.... he's very good....

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm

dbudge wrote:Darchinyan is a bitch ass midget that pussied out of the rematch several times, that's why.

Darchinyan may have avoided Donaire but the odd thing is his opposition after their fight has been twice as good as Donaire's lol. Weird.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Groundhog wrote:
dbudge wrote:Darchinyan is a bitch ass midget that pussied out of the rematch several times, that's why.

Darchinyan may have avoided Donaire but the odd thing is his opposition after their fight has been twice as good as Donaire's lol. Weird.

Nonito Donaire is high risk low reward. he doesn't have the fanbase of a Vic even though he sparked him.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:16 pm

I dont believe for a second Vic avoided Nonito

Just look at their competition since the KO, its not even close

Mijares, Arce, Kirilov, Agbeko, Z Gorres, Rojas
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I dont believe for a second Vic avoided Nonito

Just look at their competition since the KO, its not even close

Mijares, Arce, Kirilov, Agbeko, Z Gorres, Rojas

i do. none of them are Donaire. Arce was faded when Vic fought him, he was unsuccessful at the higher weight to begin with and none of them are as good as Nonito Donaire, nor did any of them brutally KO him before. Donaire is just way way too big, too fast, too slick...... he's just out of Vic's league big time. i can see why Gary Shaw would be reluctant to put Vic back in the ring with him when the money to be made is so paltry

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 pm

dbudge wrote:i do. none of them are Donaire. Arce was faded when Vic fought him, he was unsuccessful at the higher weight to begin with and none of them are as good as Nonito Donaire, nor did any of them brutally KO him before. Donaire is just way way too big, too fast, too slick...... he's just out of Vic's league big time. i can see why Gary Shaw would be reluctant to put Vic back in the ring with him when the money to be made is so paltry

Based on what?? Beating up over matched opposition???

He caught him flush and he was done. Vic's been calling for the rematch since then and Donaire is the one guided by Arum into the Pinoy Power PPVs fighting nobodies since that fight, which has worked out great for him, built a following and hype
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm

I give this a Larry Merchant two thumbs down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Anyone think he looked a little chubby?
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:i do. none of them are Donaire. Arce was faded when Vic fought him, he was unsuccessful at the higher weight to begin with and none of them are as good as Nonito Donaire, nor did any of them brutally KO him before. Donaire is just way way too big, too fast, too slick...... he's just out of Vic's league big time. i can see why Gary Shaw would be reluctant to put Vic back in the ring with him when the money to be made is so paltry

Based on what?? Beating up over matched opposition???

He caught him flush and he was done. Vic's been calling for the rematch since then and Donaire is the one guided by Arum into the Pinoy Power PPVs fighting nobodies since that fight, which has worked out great for him, built a following and hype

this opposition is so overmatched because he is that good. he is massive at the weights he is fighting in as well. Got the speed, the reflexes, the power, the angles, every punch in the book. It will be interesting to see if he has the chin and the legs. he seems to fight very disciplined boxing as well, then when he decides to turn it on a bit he moves out of first gear and is just way too good. i really want to see him in with Montiel to see where his punch resistance is at and also to see how well he executes a gameplan against a top-quality opponent. i used to be hesitant of Donaire and his high ranking but every time i go back and watch his fights you notice something else he does that is impressive. he looks almost the complete boxer/fighter and he still has a long way to go yet. as for getting hit, everybody gets hit in a fight, it's how you take it that matters. so far nobody has been able to dent him. and about Darchinyan, overrated. It's been no secret that a rematch has been talked about since the first fight happened and one of the negotiating parties was far more reluctant to ink a deal than the other. if you knocked a guy out devestatingly would you have a problem fighting them again in 5 months when it's the biggest payday available to you??? that one punch that he landed against Vic was a punch that he scores with in every fight, that left hook comes at such speed and with his full force put into it. if Vic fights Donaire again then the result would be the same. Donaire vs Montiel needs to happen as it would reveal all

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down